• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
werent you the same guy coming into the peach boards arguing pits matchup vs peach when you don't even main him? why aren't you defending marth or something? do you have "funny feelings" towards pit or something? i mean i know he's a bit feminine but still....yup....pit is def mid tier material in my book, once you figure out his spam, its not hard to space him, he doesn't have much range on most of his attacks, besides maybe side B, and his only good arials are Uair and Nair, the rest have no range, and enough startup lag to see coming, not to mention he's like the easiest character to gimp that has such a good recovery.
I'm just defending characters when I feel they are underrated. I have defended Ike in the past as well. Marth is my main and will always be my favorite character. I don't need to defend him because he is already praised all around. I don't have a secondary per se, but I use Meta Knight and Pit for casual matches. I know enough about Pit to know that he is High Tier material. Anyone who says otherwise just doesn't realize how good he is in the right hands.

Genome Squirrel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DarkCoffee
have they ever given any rationalization for this list, particularly bowser? i can see given the timing of this list how most of the characters got their placings, but i don't understand how bowser got that high. i checked his matchups in the character forums, and although mostly incomplete, they portray him as a character with no thoroughly bad matchups who gets 0-deathed by ddd, a well used character in tournaments. is/was there someone placing high in tourneys with him?

gantrain05

Smash Master
have they ever given any rationalization for this list, particularly bowser? i can see given the timing of this list how most of the characters got their placings, but i don't understand how bowser got that high. i checked his matchups in the character forums, and although mostly incomplete, they portray him as a character with no thoroughly bad matchups who gets 0-deathed by ddd, a well used character in tournaments. is/was there someone placing high in tourneys with him?
my opinion on why bowser is that high is basically, he actually does pretty good against most characters that don't have a spammy projectile, he pretty much ***** the mother boys, mario, luigi, jiggs, ganon, and falcon, and he doesn't do half bad against most of mid tier, in the right hands bowser is actually a very frustrating character to fight, one mistake can easily mean your down another stock, and if he keeps up with you, bowsercide is basically an auto win if its on last stock, even if it goes sudden death, i believe bowser will still get the win by tourney rules.

Sandman516

Smash Rookie
hmmmm...da list seems a little out of wack...for exmaple...Marth...why is he not top...D3...top tier ???...he is good...but not that good...jst throwin it out der...

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
Marth is not Top Tier because he doesn't have the defining overpowered characteristics of a Top Tier character. He is a very good character overall, but nothing he has is considered broken. In Melee, he had insane range and comboing potential. As such, he rightfully deserved that Top Tier ranking. He was balanced somewhat for Brawl, so 7th overall is a pretty good place for him right now. R.O.B, on the other hand, doesn't really belong in Top Tier since he doesn't scream overpowered to me. Meta Knight and Game & Watch have their crazy aerials and priority, Snake has his strong tilts and projectiles, Dedede has his chain grab, and Falco has his chain grab combo to a D-air meteor smash.

Sandman516

Smash Rookie
Marth is not Top Tier because he doesn't have the defining overpowered characteristics of a Top Tier character. He is a very good character overall, but nothing he has is considered broken. In Melee, he had insane range and comboing potential. As such, he rightfully deserved that Top Tier ranking. He was balanced somewhat for Brawl, so 7th overall is a pretty good place for him right now. R.O.B, on the other hand, doesn't really belong in Top Tier since he doesn't scream overpowered to me. Meta Knight and Game & Watch have their crazy aerials and priority, Snake has his strong tilts and projectiles, Dedede has his chain grab, and Falco has his chain grab combo to a D-air meteor smash.
yea i see wat u mean...n agree on da ROB part...even doh he has some sort of wall of pain...(fair)...and i guess u can say da beam...

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Xiivi, I knew about Sheik > Zelda a loooooooong time. Don't ask me why ppl think Zelda's better.

Also @ Andrew Carlson

I'm not saying Pit isn't a good character. But he isn't close as good as any other high tier charcter. There's no way he's in the same tier as Lucario or Donkey Kong

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Also you should make your tier lists like that, since they waste space (this is my own version btw):

Snake Tier: MK
Top Tier: King Dedede, Snake, Falco, Wario, GnW, ROB, Marth
High Tier: Lucario, Donkey Kong, Pikachu, Kirby, Diddy Kong, Wolf, Olimar
Mid Tier: Toon Link, Ice Climbers, Pit, Bowser, Fox, Luigi, Zamus, Sheik, Zelda, Ike
Low: Mario, Ness, Yoshi, Lucas, Samus, Pokemon Trainer, Sonic
Bottom: Link, Jigglypuff, Ganondorf, Captain Falcon

Hope I didn't forget anyone
Heh, you have Snake tier and MK is in it :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: (I know it's a joke, a funny one at that, good job!)

Everything is fine I suppose. You should move Samus over Lucas, (Zair spam) and Ness above Mario.
Finally, someone who KNOWS of Sheik's great skill.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Great skill? She's low mid -_-

And idk about Lucas. Some characters are very close to each other, so it's hard to say (like Dedede and Snake or Pikachu and Kirby). Maybe he's better than Samus, maybe not...

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Great skill? She's low mid -_-

And idk about Lucas. Some characters are very close to each other, so it's hard to say (like Dedede and Snake or Pikachu and Kirby). Maybe he's better than Samus, maybe not...
Maybe Ness flattens Mario, maybe he beats him:laugh:

But seriously, Sheik's great skill comes from beating Zelda 2 games in a row.
(yet I put Zelda over her in my tier list. Stupid)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Sheik isn't good by any means. The problem is, that many ppl give Zelda more credit than she deserves.

I think Mario > Ness. I have no doubts, that Ness is a low tier character. Mario is a borderline case. He isn't really a tier worse than Ike...but he isn't a tier better than Ness either.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Sheik isn't good by any means. The problem is, that many ppl give Zelda more credit than she deserves.

I think Mario > Ness. I have no doubts, that Ness is a low tier character. Mario is a borderline case. He isn't really a tier worse than Ike...but he isn't a tier better than Ness either.
I disagree completely.

I think Mario and Ness are both borderline, seeing as they are extremly similar in terms of matchups. (lol DDD vs Mario, lol Ness vs Marth) they both have ''questionable'' recoveries. But last I checked, Ness had better tourney results. (this was consistent, while Mario was slumming in E rank, Ness moved in and out of D rank (to E and back again) Just recently did Mario go to D rank. I rest my case.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Why is Ness low tier?
Done already.

Bad tourney results-true
Infinited by everyone-lol false
terrible ecovery- it's not perfect, yet he has a better recovery than DK or Bowser, yet they are tiers above him.

e.c.t.

Xeze

Smash Ace
NNID
XezeMaster
3DS FC
3969-6256-6191
I think the worst thing about Ness' recovery is that it is predictable and slow. By slow I mean it takes too much to hit Ness with his PK Thunder. This gives the opponent enough time to meteor smash or to gimp him.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I think Ness is better.

The fight between the 2 will never end. *sigh*
Because you always start this...that's why the Mario boards no longer "welcome" you. You're always putting down Mario just to raise Ness when he's already higher. Just give it a rest.

At least Mmac comes with facts and whatnot. Half of the stuff you say is false.

I disagree completely.

I think Mario and Ness are both borderline, seeing as they are extremly similar in terms of matchups. (lol DDD vs Mario, lol Ness vs Marth) they both have ''questionable'' recoveries. But last I checked, Ness had better tourney results. (this was consistent, while Mario was slumming in E rank, Ness moved in and out of D rank (to E and back again) Just recently did Mario go to D rank. I rest my case.
Okay...so why is Ness better again?

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I think the worst thing about Ness' recovery is that it is predictable and slow. By slow I mean it takes too much to hit Ness with his PK Thunder. This gives the opponent enough time to meteor smash or to gimp him.
If you watch competitive Ness (and Lucas) players, 95% of the time, they'll recover without using PK Thunder. For a good Ness/Lucas, PK Thunder recovery is usually an absolute last resort.

Xeze

Smash Ace
NNID
XezeMaster
3DS FC
3969-6256-6191
Well all the Ness' and Lucas' I saw until now (not many), always used PK Thunder for recovery. And among the people I play with, no one uses Ness or Lucas.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Because you always start this...that's why the Mario boards no longer "welcome" you. You're always putting down Mario just to raise Ness when he's already higher. Just give it a rest.

At least Mmac comes with facts and whatnot. Half of the stuff you say is false.

Okay...so why is Ness better again?

Better tourney results. I come in because I dislike the board, simple enough. Matador your okay, and the others are cool too, but some of you drive me nuts.

And It's 55% of the stuff I say is correct. (get it right)

PKNintendo

Smash Master
That's what we call "trolling."

Not nice, PKNintendo. Not nice.

roflrofl

But seriously, how is Ness > Mario?

Smooth Criminal
In. My. Opinion.

I feel that Ness has better aerials than Mario. Mario has a better ground game of course. Ness' ground game sets up for aerials e.c.t. Both have an uptilt juggle (But Mario's is better) IMO Ness has a better recovery too. (slightly)

Tourney results we're slightly better.
Don't know about matchups yet, but I think Ness has decent matchups. ( Mario too I suppose)

Maybe they are equal. Doesn't stop me from picking a favorite.

I suppose it's not nice, but whatever, high school is making me crazy.

studly

Smash Ace
have you guys even seen Boss' mario.....
mario's best moves are his back air and up air (granted: joined in combo with his ground moves)

ness is just average all around with a horrible up b

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Olimar is too high. He should be at the bottom of mid tier. ^__^

gantrain05

Smash Master
lol, but hey Dangr, im goin to a tourney today, first one im usin olimar, well im goin peach/olimar, i been trainin up, hopefully i do good, gonna try to boost his rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom