• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Oops, um, redo. XD

But still, Ness for mid tier so he won't be picked a lot but people know his power.

Edited: Fixed.

Yeah

. His power is that he has decent (unlike Lucas) matchups against the higher tiers.
His tourney results are also so-so.

Jxe

Smash Rookie
In my opinion I would like it if both Wolf and Toon Link were moved a little higher. Toon Link should be at least #7. He's awesome!

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
My tier list:

GOD:

Meta Knight

TOP:

Snake
Mr. Game & Watch
King Dedede
Falco
Marth
R.O.B.

HIGH:

Wario
Lucario
Olimar
Donkey Kong
Kirby
Diddy Kong
Ice Climbers
Pikachu
Wolf

MIDDLE:

Toon Link
Pit
Zelda
Peach
Luigi
Zero Suit Samus
Bowser
Fox
Ness
Sheik

LOW:

Yoshi
Mario
Lucas
Pokemon Trainer
Sonic
Ike
Samus
Jigglypuff

BOTTOM:

Ganondorf
Link
Captian Falcon

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
GnW isn't better than King dedede
Olimar isn't better than any of the other high tier characters
Fox and Zelda should switch places
Ike is too low
Jiggs in the same tier as Link

Decent list overall, although I'll never understand how somebody could think than Ganon > Link <_<

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
Pit is Top of High Tier material in my opinion. Decent match-up all around and only really three bad ones (Meta Knight, Game & Watch, Marth). A very solid character overall with much potential. He definitely deserves to move up.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Let me give it a shot.

My tier list:

GOD:

Meta Knight

TOP:

Snake
Mr. Game & Watch
King Dedede
Wario
Falco
R.O.B.

HIGH:
Marth
Lucario
Donkey Kong
Kirby
Diddy Kong
Ice Climbers
Pikachu
Pit
Peach

MIDDLE:

Toon Link
Wolf
Olimar
Zelda
Luigi
Zero Suit Samus
Sheik
Fox
Ike
Ness
Bowser

LOW:
Samus
Lucas
Mario
Pokemon Trainer
Yoshi
Sonic
Jigglypuff

BOTTOM:
Link
Ganondorf
Captian Falcon

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
No. Dedede > GnW. I'd even say Dedede > Snake

Pit isn't so good, Idk where you have his match-up's from but these aren't correct. He has more than just 3 bad match-up's that's for sure.

And yes, Kirby is high tier

Barge

All I want is a custom title
I'll try this time since everyone else is

Top:

Meta Knight
Snake
King Dedede
Mr. Game & Watch
ROB
Falco
Marth

HIGH:
Wario
Ice Climbers
Lucario
Diddy Kong
Donkey Kong
Kirby
Pit
Olimar

MIDDLE:
Toon Link
Wolf
Pikachu
Ike
Zelda
Peach
Luigi
Zero Suit Samus
Sheik
Fox
Lucas
Ness
Bowser

LOW

Samus
Yoshi
Mario
Pokemon Trainer
Jigglypuff
Sonic
Link
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm curious about your reasonings. Do you know all these characters so well to place them like that? It seems kinda random to me from mid tier downwards

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
I'm having controversy about if Lucas is better than Ness.
Although I never liked Ness (maybe for like 5 seconds lol)

Other than that,
I have no clue :p

Mmac

Smash Lord
I wish people would stop underestimating Yoshi... Seems like even his own kind doesn't believe in his skill anymore...

Barge

All I want is a custom title
I'm curious about your reasonings. Do you know all these characters so well to place them like that? It seems kinda random to me from mid tier downwards
No I don't really know some of them, I put the low tier there for a reason, same with high and top, but middle was kind of random to me.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Also you should make your tier lists like that, since they waste space (this is my own version btw):

Snake Tier: MK
Top Tier: King Dedede, Snake, Falco, Wario, GnW, ROB, Marth
High Tier: Lucario, Donkey Kong, Pikachu, Kirby, Diddy Kong, Wolf, Olimar
Mid Tier: Toon Link, Ice Climbers, Pit, Bowser, Fox, Luigi, Zamus, Sheik, Zelda, Ike
Low: Mario, Ness, Yoshi, Lucas, Samus, Pokemon Trainer, Sonic
Bottom: Link, Jigglypuff, Ganondorf, Captain Falcon

Hope I didn't forget anyone

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
Pit should be high.
Zelda is usually above Sheik.
Why so many Top Tiers?
Ike should be higher.
Marth, Wario, SWITCH.
I think PK Trainer and Sonic should switch places.

Thats all I got 4 now.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Pit isn't all that good. He is very limited as a character and has many shortcomings but not enough strenghts to make up for them (unlike high tiers)

Sheik is a better character than Zelda. Period

There are many top tiers but that doesn't matter if you have a single god tier

Ike shouldn't be higher. Low-mid is perfect

Wario > Marth, they don't need to switch. Wario gets less credit than he deserves.

Idc about Sint / PT they both sukk, they are close though

I forgot Peach. She's above Pit

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
Pit isn't so good, Idk where you have his match-up's from but these aren't correct. He has more than just 3 bad match-up's that's for sure.

Pit isn't all that good. He is very limited as a character and has many shortcomings but not enough strenghts to make up for them (unlike high tiers)
I'm sorry, but that's simply not true at all. You obviously don't know Pit well enough. He only has 3 clear disadvantages (40:60 or worse). He does favorably or neutral (50:50/45:55) agains the rest of the cast. Saying that "Pit isn't so good" only shows your lack of knowledge in his match-ups and potential. I suggest you give the Pit boards a good read.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Hahaha @ the pit boards. Do you really think I go to the Pit boards to find out abouit his match-up's?

TVTMaster

Smash Apprentice
****, It sucks that Lucas looks so good on paper. I'm not an expert on why his matchups suck, but really it seems Lucas should be better than Ness, but due to little things his matchups in the higher tiers suck.

And who was it that said his aerials were garbage? Dair can spike or lead into the Dtilt combo thing, as well as beat out MK's Uair if you time it right. Uair loves MK's glide attack and can KO nicely, Fair is an okay kill move and can be short-hopped for several hits. Nair is just amazing and really screws up a lot of aerial games with its speed and power, and Bair spikes pretty easily. Honestly, despite getting shut out by MK and I think Marth, maybe G&W, Lucas has a really decent air game. Beats half the cast, at any rate.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Lucas isn't that good of a fighter. The only thing that's better about him than Ness is his recovery

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
Hahaha @ the pit boards. Do you really think I go to the Pit boards to find out abouit his match-up's?
Why not? They certainly aren't as biased as some of the other boards. And you seem to lack knowledge on his moveset and techniques as a whole. Seems like a good idea to read-up on what Pit can do versus the rest of the cast instead of blabbing out nonsensical statements. I'm sure nobody here would agree with your assessment of Pit as a mid-tier character at best. Even the Smash Back Room agrees that Pit has potential to move up much higher. His current placement is only due to lack of use at a professional level. The fact that he even achieved 15th overall is testament to his strengths as a character.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Look at other tier lists. I'm not the only one who thinks he's mid. And where do you know from what the SBR thinks? Have you ever been there?

Also, I'm not sure about Pit boards bias...the stuff doesn't look credible.

My statements aren't nonsensical, everybody who knows me will agree. Unlike most others here I have actual match-up experience to back my claims up not just to say "...but the Pit boards say this or that..."

**** the Pit boards

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
Look at other tier lists. I'm not the only one who thinks he's mid. And where do you know from what the SBR thinks? Have you ever been there?

Also, I'm not sure about Pit boards bias...the stuff doesn't look credible.

My statements aren't nonsensical, everybody who knows me will agree. Unlike most others here I have actual match-up experience to back my claims up not just to say "...but the Pit boards say this or that..."

**** the Pit boards
Read the actual character thread where the Smash Back Room extensively discussed Pit for starters. I'm not trying to be biased or anything, but Pit being mid-tier is just wrong.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Read the actual character thread where the Smash Back Room extensively discussed Pit for starters. I'm not trying to be biased or anything, but Pit being mid-tier is just wrong.
They write a lot of stuff there actually. Do you really think, this can be used as a guidline of how good a character is? It's just some opinions, of good players. But nothing more.

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
They write a lot of stuff there actually. Do you really think, this can be used as a guidline of how good a character is? It's just some opinions, of good players. But nothing more.
At the very least, they are reviewing the characters objectively and with empirical anaylsis. I would take their opinions more seriously over some random posters (no offence meant). The list, as it is now, has a few minor problems. However, for the most part, it is an accurate representation of where the characters are. No character is misrepresented by a whole tier.

kr3wman

Smash Master
At the very least, they are reviewing the characters objectively and with empirical anaylsis. I would take their opinions more seriously over some random posters (no offence meant). The list, as it is now, has a few minor problems. However, for the most part, it is an accurate representation of where the characters are. No character is misrepresented by a whole tier.

Wait... wut?

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Oh my goodness, someone actually realizes that Sheik is actually better than Zelda? Took you long enough.
I won't post a list as it'd get far too much controversy from you guys who barely move 1 character around.
If someone really wants it I guess I'd PM it for kicks.

PkTrainerCris

Smash Ace
I think pit is okay where he is, not move up, not move down, he is a good character overall, he can recover high so being gimped is not that hard to avoid, he has a fast glide and powerfull,fast and with nice priority glide attack, and he is very well rounded overall
He gets destroyed ny characters with more range, is light, and has problem with other proyectiles/reflectors
And finally to quote brawl taunts:
He has a spammy proyectile, a regular counter, a reflector shield and wings... what doesnt he have?

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
I think Pit will move up eventually. He has all the characteristics of a good, solid character. He doesn't have anything truly broken or exceptional like the Top Tier characters, but he can certainly do well against them (with the exception of Meta Knight and Game & Watch). We'll see. Right now, everything in this thread is just speculation. I'm sure the Smash Back Room will know what to do to improve the Tier List.

gantrain05

Smash Master
Pit is Top of High Tier material in my opinion. Decent match-up all around and only really three bad ones (Meta Knight, Game & Watch, Marth). A very solid character overall with much potential. He definitely deserves to move up.
werent you the same guy coming into the peach boards arguing pits matchup vs peach when you don't even main him? why aren't you defending marth or something? do you have "funny feelings" towards pit or something? i mean i know he's a bit feminine but still....yup....pit is def mid tier material in my book, once you figure out his spam, its not hard to space him, he doesn't have much range on most of his attacks, besides maybe side B, and his only good arials are Uair and Nair, the rest have no range, and enough startup lag to see coming, not to mention he's like the easiest character to gimp that has such a good recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom