• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

powell651234

Smash Apprentice
here is the thing about tiers: They are a self-fullfilling prophecy...I went to a tournament recently and everyone was using high/top tier characters...therefore those are the only characters that will get better.

It's a broken system.

kr3wman

Smash Master
here is the thing about tiers: They are a self-fullfilling prophecy...I went to a tournament recently and everyone was using high/top tier characters...therefore those are the only characters that will get better.

It's a broken system.
Even if there was no tier list, people would realize which character would win the most regardless.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light

It's a broken system.
Fun fact: Tiers are not absolution. There's nothing "broken" or "self-fulfilling" about a compilation of overall character ability and character tourney results. It's just a list.

Read the OP.

Smooth Criminal

Barge

All I want is a custom title
This is samurai pandas 2nd tier list
This is not official though

Metaknight

Mr. Game & Watch
King DeDeDe
Snake

Wario
Falco
Marth
R.O.B.
Lucario
Pikachu
Ice Climbers
Diddy Kong

Kirby
Donkey Kong
Olimar
Peach
Pit
Luigi
Toon Link
Wolf
Zamus
Bowser
Zelda
Fox
Ness
Shiek
Ike
Sonic
Lucas
Mario

Yoshi
Link
Samus
Jigglypuff
Pokémon Trainer
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon

(Yes, Link moved up! Pokemon trainer moved down, Ness is above lucas and shiek and ike)

Barge

Me too, though I think Toon link should move a bit higher up :p
But then again, everyone is biased for their main.

But Tinks metagame hasn't advanced much.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Game & Watch can indeed make a seriously good argument for being better than DeDeDe. Snake is a bit iffier.

D

Deleted member

Yeah b/c GnW > Dedede / Snake

/sarcsm
Its quite possible, im pretty sure hes better than D3, D3 suffers from quite a few bad matchups. G&W only has a few and they arent as bad as D3s bad ones.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
No, DDD is the games second best character. He has only one bad match-up in top tier (Falco and MK of course but who doesn't?). But he has the advantage over Snake, ROB and goes even with GnW. Further more he has a little advantage over Marth and owns Wario - another overused character.

Dededes worst match-up is Pikachu and all of his bad match-up's are below top tier (except Falco MK): Diddy, ICs, Pika, Olimar, Zamus. But he wins vs Lucario and DK, who are more overused.
His match-up's aren't the best but he has good match-up, where it matters.

GnWs match-up's aren't so good. He loses to MK as well as Snake and Marth. He wins only against ROB and Falco. He wins against most characters below but it doesn't help him in a tourney, where he won't face them so often.

Snake is a bit difficult to rate imo. His match-up's vs other tops are strange: He loses to Dedede, ROB and Falco. He has a disadvantage to MK but nobody does better vs MK than Snake atm. He also beats Marth and he's one of the few characters to do so. And finally he is GnWs worst match-up...

The problem is, that ROB shouldn't be part of the equation, since I doubt he's top tier material, when I think of it. ROB has bad match-up in top tier against almost everybody. He only does well vs Snake and ggoes slightly even with Falco....

The number of bad match-up's aren't so important, rather the qualilty of them. A bad match-up against Snake means a lot more than a bad match-up vs Pikachu.

Thus: (MK > ) Dedede > Snake > GnW

Bowser King

Have It Your Way

Metaknight

Mr. Game & Watch
King DeDeDe
Snake

Wario
Falco
Marth
R.O.B.
Lucario
Pikachu
Ice Climbers
Diddy Kong

Kirby
Donkey Kong
Olimar
Peach
Pit
Luigi
Toon Link
Wolf
Zamus
Bowser
Zelda
Fox
Ness
Shiek
Ike
Sonic
Lucas
Mario

Yoshi
Link
Samus
Jigglypuff
Pokémon Trainer
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon

(Yes, Link moved up! Pokemon trainer moved down, Ness is above lucas and shiek and ike)
I like that list. It seems really accurate (my only downside would be PT being that low....)

-:bowser:Bowser King

Mmac

Smash Lord
I still don't understand why people still choose to rank Yoshi so low. I don't care if his Tournament Results are low, his Matchup's shouldn't allow him to be in that position in the first place!

Besides, his Current Tournament Results are higher than some of the characters above him anyways...

MyNameIsRyan

Smash Journeyman
Well there's a tree... and.... uh i see a car... a

Metaknight

Mr. Game & Watch
King DeDeDe
Snake

Wario
Falco
Marth
R.O.B.
Lucario
Pikachu
Ice Climbers
Diddy Kong

Kirby
Donkey Kong
Olimar
Peach
Pit
Luigi
Toon Link
Wolf
Zamus
Bowser
Zelda
Fox
Ness
Shiek
Ike
Sonic
Lucas
Mario

Yoshi
Link
Samus
Jigglypuff
Pokémon Trainer
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon

Thats what im talkin about
But Falcon is still bottom D:

PKNintendo

Smash Master

Metaknight

Mr. Game & Watch
King DeDeDe
Snake

Wario
Falco
Marth
R.O.B.
Lucario
Pikachu
Ice Climbers
Diddy Kong

Kirby
Donkey Kong
Olimar
Peach
Pit
Luigi
Toon Link
Wolf
Zamus
Bowser
Zelda
Fox
Ness
Shiek
Ike
Sonic
Lucas
Mario

Yoshi
Link
Samus
Jigglypuff
Pokémon Trainer
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon

What the hell. Ness is NOT above Lucas, Ike or Mario. Ness sucks, Samurai panda is an idiot.

Score!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Could you please stop to Quote the entire list, jut to give a random 1 line comment?

SMBEffect

Smash Apprentice
Could you please stop to Quote the entire list, jut to give a random 1 line comment?
Amen to that.

Honestly, though, it's not worth throwing insults at one another. It's one thing to defend you character, it's another to use pointless verbal abuse. It's a tier list, not the end of the world.

Xeze

Smash Ace
NNID
XezeMaster
3DS FC
3969-6256-6191
About Samurai Pandas list, it seems accurate. But I think Falco > Wario and Diddy > Ice Climbers.

Btw I heard that MK was banned from tourneys in Italy. Do you think there will be more countries banning him?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Btw I heard that MK was banned from tourneys in Italy. Do you think there will be more countries banning him?
lol, but seriously, if they banned him in other contires, then no one will know the out come of the game, how long it would last, or will it ever happen.

Anyways, who else thinks Mario should be mid middle tier?

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
A lot of people say Mario should be around mid tier.
Yet I've never seen ANY evidence of why it should be so. No one has actually ever given a reason.
I'm not saying you're wrong (though I do infact disagree), I'm just interested as to why people think that.
He's hardly a character with good attributes/exemplorary tourney results/good match ups.

Barge

That list is not official guys. He said its just based off the meta-game atm.

And it took him 10 minutes. :p

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
A lot of people say Mario should be around mid tier.
Yet I've never seen ANY evidence of why it should be so. No one has actually ever given a reason.
I'm not saying you're wrong (though I do infact disagree), I'm just interested as to why people think that.
He's hardly a character with good attributes/exemplorary tourney results/good match ups.
I couldn't agree more with this. I've been pushing for awhile to make Mario a definitively Low Tier character. He's just not that good.

M.K

Level 55
There is.
No.
F***ing.
Way.
Pokemon Trainer is THAT low. NO way.
The only reason he was low in the last tier list is because nobody has driven into his potential. That holds true still, but he is NOT a bad character.

Xeze

Smash Ace
NNID
XezeMaster
3DS FC
3969-6256-6191
Pokemon Trainer has one major problem: his pokemon get tired, so he will be forced to switch. And it takes some time to switch off so your opponent can wait and punish you. I know you can decide to switch, for instance, while your opponent is being Star KO'd, but still it is risky. Also mastering 3 different characters can be tough.

M.K

Level 55
Pokemon Trainer has one major problem: his pokemon get tired, so he will be forced to switch. And it takes some time to switch off so your opponent can wait and punish you. I know you can decide to switch, for instance, while your opponent is being Star KO'd, but still it is risky. Also mastering 3 different characters can be tough.
I just played a tournament with PT. He is NOT forced to switch. The attacks get maybe 2-3% decreased, but that's about it.

Xeze

Smash Ace
NNID
XezeMaster
3DS FC
3969-6256-6191
I just played a tournament with PT. He is NOT forced to switch. The attacks get maybe 2-3% decreased, but that's about it.
But if someone KOs you, he automatically switches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom