• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fletch

Smash Master
AZ, you forgot to say Jigglypuff because Man0 won once. Everyone says that in these arguments >_>
Ha saw this post after I submitted my post. Yes it was one tournament, but it was a large one at that, and there's very little doubt that Mango is probably one of the top 3 best players in the country, and he plays Jiggly.

Corigames

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuuQCqvp_0s

I'm sure I don't need to tell you who Forward is, but he is one of the best Falcos in the country. Video speaks for itself here.
To be fair though, Taj did play a lot with Forward. Not to say his Mewtwo is bad or anything, but he does know Forawrd's "style". It would be like me posting videos of me beating my roomate. I think he's better than me, but, because I know how he plays, I can beat him sometimes.

Fletch

Smash Master
To be fair though, Taj did play a lot with Forward. Not to say his Mewtwo is bad or anything, but he does know Forawrd's "style". It would be like me posting videos of me beating my roomate. I think he's better than me, but, because I know how he plays, I can beat him sometimes.
I'm in no way advocating that Mewtwo was some super awesome character or that every character in Melee was viable (not by a longshot), just showing that lower tiers can generally do better in Melee than they can in Brawl. As for that matter, this is one of my favorite matches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1BJcdrKAbk

Tenza

Smash Cadet
Dam....just when I thought it would finally get dropped, everyone except corey and fletch let it go :laugh:

I don't feel like responding to your responses this time---obviously neither of you can read properly so I just won't bother. Here's what i WILL say though:

I'm right. You're both wrong. End of story
:ohwell:

Ok here's where the reading skills need to be applied:

I'm right FOR TRYING TO DROP THIS TOPIC

You're wrong FOR TRYING TO BRING IT BACK UP AFTER EVERYONE ELSE DROPPED IT

So I'll say it again: Don't involve me anymore.

And just as a heads up, trying to argue with me about upholding peace will look really stupid so I just wouldn't bother, ok?:laugh:

Zinc Elemental

Smash Journeyman
I'm right FOR TRYING TO DROP THIS TOPIC

You're wrong FOR TRYING TO BRING IT BACK UP AFTER EVERYONE ELSE DROPPED IT
My god. It hurts to say it, but I think he might be right.

This means he has repented for his original post. Hooray!

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
I seen this cartoon on newgrounds which mentioned Tiers for queers campain xD. Is tiers worth having?
Yes. Yes they are.

And besides, the moment pewople start taking serious advice from Newgrounds Cartoons is the day the sun goes Super Nova.

hizzlum

Smash Journeyman
K Well i havent had my questions anwsered that actually relate to the topic of this tier list but I'll still post to see if any wants to comment on it.
I in the first place dont completly like how the SBR does there list(They focus on tourney results, when other fighting games create tier list by match-ups)Thats an opinion that im putting forth but what im trying to really get to is I think thatthat the placement of characters and that the tiers misevalueate some characters in the brawl metagame.
Meta Knight
Snake
King Dedede
Mr. Game & Watch
Falco
R.O.B.

High
Marth
Wario
Lucario
(the rest of the "high" tier)
Im only going to be talking about this area of this list so here it goes.
Wario tournament sucess in socal is truly astonishing and has been doing very well at tournaments, futile is ranked #2 in socal for a good reason, his ability to put a great amount of pressure on the opponent with wario's great movepool. That being said, tournament rankings show wario is higher than this list states, so i would like to now why he is put into the high tier instead of the top where he has been doing as well as falco and G&W in tourneis.
Then there's marth, also has a massive amount of good tournament placement and has one of the best general macth-ups this game has(equally if not bettering G&W and falco,and ROB) so why do we have a character that is competing at the same level as G&W Falco and ROB, in a different tier when they have very similar resul;ts in the metagame?

In my opinion the problem with the list is that MK, Sanek and DDD play at a level where that exceeds the competitive mtegame of falco,rob,G&W marth and wario and so the top tier should have been MK,snake and DDD, beacuse of there profusion of tournament placement that is at another level of the falco,ROb,marth G&W wario group. The falco,ROb,marth G&W wario group should be give a tier of their own as the are all below the standard MK,Snake and DDD have put up for brawl and they compete with extremly similar results. The division in the MK, snake DDD tier is obvious now in the metagame and should be recognize by the SBR. That being said the falco,ROb,marth G&W wario group is just slightly below them as the cannot compete at that level of metagame. And so I believe that the top/high tier should have been done this way:
MK
Snake
DDD

High/very high
G&W
Falco
ROB
Marth
Wario

Upper/high
Lucario, DK,Diddy, pika and the rest
That just my opinion as I have looked at all tournament placement list and match-up lists> And I have the consesus of other norcal tourney brawlers such as Cuba is death, so please comment accordingly to my opinion.

Also that powell guy with the stupid brawl>melee comment is just one of the many noobs destroying the already weak brawl metagame, go and search http://www.youtube.com/user/narutowatcher54, complete noobs ruining youtube with terrible mindgames and no technical skill, this is destroying brawl.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
I read that as :

This thread just went down into moronic posts the last pages.

People, please stop this.
Sorry, but Sakurai said it himself that he didn't want Brawl to be competitive.

Tripping, infinite air dodges, no really good way to kill unless its through percentage farming(I made that up), side steps spamming, characters that can do locks(Falco, ICs, Ike), are just some of the reasons Brawl shouldn't be competitive.

I'm right and you are wrong.

I still attend tourneys, but when I lose I don't care as much as if it were Melee.

Plus, 9/10 times people lose because the game is new and no one knows certain character match ups.

Tenza

Smash Cadet
Sorry, but Sakurai said it himself that he didn't want Brawl to be competitive.

Tripping, infinite air dodges, no really good way to kill unless its through percentage farming(I made that up), side steps spamming, characters that can do locks(Falco, ICs, Ike), are just some of the reasons Brawl shouldn't be competitive.

I still attend tourneys, but when I lose I don't care as much as if it were Melee.

Plus, 9/10 times people lose because the game is new and no one knows certain character match ups.
Maybe if i put it in really big pink text you'll get the hint?:)

DROP THE ****ING SUBJECT YOU PRICK

kr3wman

Smash Master

Yet it is competitive.

I know everyone is entitled to a different opinion, but yours is just stupid. Saying Brawl shouldn't be competitive, yet attending competitions for it is one of the most un-logical things I've ever heard.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

If you don't wanna talk stop responding dude, it's that easy.

If you keep posting stuff that people don't like, they'll respond, so stopping your posting will make them drop the subject.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master

Magenta was your choice.

I LOLed at this post.

Not cause it was funny but because the internet is funny.

Once again I say, Melee is more competitive than Brawl.

Yet it is competitive.

I know everyone is entitled to a different opinion, but yours is just stupid. Saying Brawl shouldn't be competitive, yet attending competitions for it is one of the most un-logical things I've ever heard.
I already explained why Brawl shouldn't be competitive.

If I wanna keep up with the community that's my perogative.

Unlike most of you Brawltards, I've been apart of the Smash community since late 04. I've made many friends and sometimes the only time I get to chill with them and have fun is at a bad video game tourney.

Unfortunately, this game(Brawl) was totally fvcked cuz Sakurai didn't approve of the deepness ATs gave the Melee fighting engine.

I will play Brawl, but only cuz most people have forgotten about Melee.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
vicious cycle aint it
But I have no particular interest in stopping the conversation, neither do the other people here.

You're the only one who wants to stop it, and all you can control is yourself. So stop posting on it, and you'll accomplish your goal. If you keep posting you fail. That simple really, you only fail if you keep posting, and you succeed if you don't, why bother posting?

MasterCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasterCheeze
3DS FC
0688-5933-2030
I still think this list came out too early.
A tier list could've come out for Melee in the same time span as Brawl if SSB64 was as competitive as the precursor to Brawl.

Er, just wanted to say that to try to sound smart. I <3 you. D:

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
yeah, let's change the subject...hmm we need to keep the controversy while still being on-topic...

Ness should be high tier, I can beat my kid sister's DDD, so i tink dat he should be between him and snake, although Ness is was cooler dan sSNake! Pluss I was lpaying this one guy online with anyone, and I pwned his SNake totall with pky fire!!!1!

Oh and cuz he's my main and he roXXors!

ice-

Smash Journeyman
I'm saying that Nintendo wasn't about to spend 7 years and millions of dollars on a sequel to one of their best selling titles if it wasn't gonna be as good or better, bro. As hardware improves, software does as well---Tell me Wii is not more capable hardware than Gamecube and you don't deserve to have a computer; let alone the internet or an account on these forums. Good day.

No one is arguing that. But Nintendo wasn't trying to make a good competive game, they tried to make a good party game. That's fine, its a good game and its fun but it isn't what melee players were looking for, in most instances.

edit:100th post

Zinc Elemental

Smash Journeyman
HOW THE **** DID A TIER LIST THREAD TURN INTO A MELEE VS BRAWL THREAD?
really
*Points at Tenza*
Wasn't me, I swear.

yeah, let's change the subject...hmm we need to keep the controversy while still being on-topic...

Ness should be high tier, I can beat my kid sister's DDD, so i tink dat he should be between him and snake, although Ness is was cooler dan sSNake! Pluss I was lpaying this one guy online with anyone, and I pwned his SNake totall with pky fire!!!1!

Oh and cuz he's my main and he roXXors!
*Sigh*

Read the OP.

Thanks for trying to get us on topic, at least.

1. Tier placement doesn't necessarily reflect your ability to beat your friends with a specific character. You might beat your friend's Metaknight with Sonic, but that doesn't mean Sonic is top tier. It means you win that matchup against your friend. Tiers are not absolute measurements of match outcomes.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Hey how about let's talk about the tier list?

I now agree with others when they say Peach should be above Bowser.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Oh hey, a tier list.

Let's see... there's MK. Gotchya.
Alright... there's Snake. Ok.
Wait...
???
There's other people than them on the list?
That's excessive don't you think? Including all the characters no one plays or wins with on a list such as this one?

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
The more i think about it, the more i belive G&W should be higher then DDD...but for some reason i can never explane why i think these things, when it comes to brawl. G&W just seems to have better combos, aproach, match ups, kill moves, speed, recovery, and anything else i forgot xP

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
The more i think about it, the more i belive G&W should be higher then DDD...but for some reason i can never explane why i think these things, when it comes to brawl. G&W just seems to have better combos, aproach, match ups, kill moves, speed, recovery, and anything else i forgot xP
another good reason is because D3 has too many really hard matchups to be that high.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I guess the lack of hitstun hinders Jigglypuff's wall of pain and prevents her old Rest combos from working. Also, Rest doesn't kill until about 75% here. I think that explains her placement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom