• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrawLBlazer

Smash Journeyman
I think Mario should be a tad bit higher. His recovery has tremendously become more helpful due to Brawl's new auto-grab ledge feature, cape is just awesome for gimping recoveries like Meta Knight's, F.L.U.D.D. is far from useless, fireballs are spammable, down smash is quick and reliable, etc. He seems tad better in Brawl's new gameplay, even with his nerfings. My opinion is that he should be at utmost low middle.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Oh god, if Galanoth were a troll, he'd have food to eat for over a year lol

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
1.) it doesnt take much to be good with pikachu, just spam vB, B, d-smash, and f-smash :p
2.)fox may not be as good as he was in melee, but that doesnt mean he sucks
3.)heck with this, lets make a MANLY tier list!
I now present to you, the Official SBR Manly Tier List (v1.0):

Very Manly Tier

Sexy Tier
Pit
Ike
Yoshi

Hot Tier
Luigi
Falco

Average
Kirby
Olimar
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Lucas
Toon Link

Unappealing
Lucario
R.O.B.
Bowser
Ganondorf
Wario

No Chance
Zelda
Samus/Zero Suit Samus

What do you guys think? ^.^

EDIT: Put Yoshi in Sexy Tier.
They find Ness sexy:urg::laugh:
We know he has a large bat, but it's mainly for hitting people with.
However, Pikachu is easy to use, and if used by an inexperienced player, can be very cheap *cough*thunder*cough*. The people who don't spam are the ones who are truly good with him (unless of course they are just using all his attacks and missing, in which case they fail XD).

M15t3R E

Smash Master
However, Pikachu is easy to use, and if used by an inexperienced player, can be very cheap *cough*thunder*cough*. The people who don't spam are the ones who are truly good with him (unless of course they are just using all his attacks and missing, in which case they fail XD).
I am very active in the Pikachu board. I'm also in the PSBR, Pikachu smash back room.
I have dittoed with many thunder-spamming Pikachus. Unless you completely suck, you won't run directly into it. And getting your opponent into a situation in which they'll fall into the thunder with very little chance to maneuver around it, is not too common unless you're a beast at setting up such situations like me and a few other Pikachus on the Pikachu board.

This is on the SBR Weekly Character Discussion stickied thread:
Pikachu is a well rounded character iwth several good matchups and very few bad matchups; the only disadvantage this character has is that he is more difficult to pick up than some of the more straight-forward characters. However, this also acts as a boon to the rodent because very few opponents will have serious pikachu practice.
OS got it right. So seriously, I hope this officially ends that false Pikachu stereotype.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
lol its so true, bowser puts so much **** on ness, bowsers Fair even beats out Ness's Fair which is pretty amazing considering he's about the only one w/out a sword that can do that, and not to mention bowser has just about any options he wants on a grab release on ness, he can regrab, Ftilt, Dtilt, Jab, or even bowserbomb. ness just really doesn't have the tools to deal with him.
No you nub. :laugh:
As a Ness main, I think Ness owns Bowser. It's funny how Ness is grab released-anything while Link is too, and a few other notable characters, and yet no one says BOWSER OWNS THEM LOLOL.

Ness destroy's Bowser fair. It has mroe speed range and power, and easily combo ed. If Ness use PKfire, even if Bowser SDI, it's a guaranteeded bat to the face. We're looking at 0-50% here.
Bowser may be a better character overall, but in this matchup, Ness ***** him.

When you say Ness doesn't have the tools to Beat Bowser, it's like saying Peach doesn't have the tools to beat Olimar just because Olimar KO's her early. (**** matchup 7-3 for Peach BTW)

MBlaze

Smash Champion
I think Mario should be a tad bit higher. His recovery has tremendously become more helpful due to Brawl's new auto-grab ledge feature, cape is just awesome for gimping recoveries like Meta Knight's, F.L.U.D.D. is far from useless, fireballs are spammable, down smash is quick and reliable, etc. He seems tad better in Brawl's new gameplay, even with his nerfings. My opinion is that he should be at utmost low middle.
Dammit another Blaze and a Mario user at that running around. D:

BrawLBlazer

Smash Journeyman
As a Ness main, I think Ness owns Bowser. It's funny how Ness is grab released-anything while Link is too, and a few other notable characters, and yet no one says BOWSER OWNS THEM LOLOL.

Ness destroy's Bowser fair. It has mroe speed range and power, and easily combo ed. If Ness use PKfire, even if Bowser SDI, it's a guaranteeded bat to the face. We're looking at 0-50% here.

When you say Ness doesn't have the tools to Beat Bowser, it's like saying Peach doesn't have the tools to beat Olimar just because Olimar KO's her early. (**** matchup 7-3 for Peach BTW)
This is a true statement right here. Ness destroys Bowser.

LSDX

Wah!
.::Definitions::.​
Ness: To be sexy; sexual attractiveness
c wut i did thar...

Pikachu: Retardus-Ratus; electric mammal that has no real purpose in existance except to appear in the game of Super Smash Bros. for big money for the big N.

Galanoth7395

Smash Apprentice
to Mister E:
I scrapped this list in like 2 minutes so don't get mad, I think it's actually sort of good.

to PKNintendo:
Finally! Someone who agrees with me!!!!

to McSnapple:
What's your problem? Pokemon rules.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

Grab releases depend on the character, as do chaingrabs. Some characters you can't expect to ever get a grab on the other character. The reason why Charizard and Marth are notable is because, they have the second and third longest non-tether grab ranges, so they CAN reliably grab most characters.

Bowser generally can't grab in this match-up, so feel free to ignor his grab release.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Grab releases depend on the character, as do chaingrabs. Some characters you can't expect to ever get a grab on the other character. The reason why Charizard and Marth are notable is because, they have the second and third longest non-tether grab ranges, so they CAN reliably grab most characters.

Bowser generally can't grab in this match-up, so feel free to ignor his grab release.
That good and all, but Bowser's Grab Game is just as good as Dedede's, and above Marth's.

If you think that Marth can easily get Grabs, then Bowser should have not much problem either

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
RAWR
Jiggs is sexy
But why do you not have a cute tier? Foxy Woxy soooo cuuuuute ^-^

Seriously though, Mmac, go to SFUMETA for the tournament in January k? MM you there! :p

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
That good and all, but Bowser's Grab Game is just as good as Dedede's, and above Marth's.

If you think that Marth can easily get Grabs, then Bowser should have not much problem either
Whether he can do more with his grab game doesn't really matter if he can't grab.

Bowser doesn't have Marth's grab range (which while not being "melee broken" is still the third best non-tether standing grab).

That range makes a massive difference, it's the reason why ICs are only mid tier even though they infinite the entire cast, while DDD who just chaingrabs most with a few infinites is top tier.

Granted, I am not sure of Bowser's grab range, except that it's worse then Marth's (third best after DDD and charizard), so it may or may not be usable in general. But in this particular match-up, ness has powerful spacing tools, don't expect a grab.

Mmac

Smash Lord
I have to wonder where you are getting these statistics from. Unsaxon's General Grab Information Thread tells me otherwise. Bowser Standing Grab has about the same length as Dedede's, and his Dash Grab is much longer than Marth's.

The Thread in general tells me that Marth is nowhere near 3rd best.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=196207

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Pikachu: Retardus-Ratus; electric mammal that has no real purpose in existance except to appear in the game of Super Smash Bros. for big money for the big N.
I couldn't agree with you more.

Mewtwo: Badassus-Telekinetus; The greatest Pokemon in existence, removed due to Sakurai faggotry.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I couldn't agree with you more.

Mewtwo: Badassus-Telekinetus; The greatest Pokemon in existence, removed due to Sakurai faggotry.
I like Pikachu in Smash, but I prefer Raichu.
Mewtwo is great, it's just a shame that they didn't make him great in Melee :(

gantrain05

Smash Master
I have to wonder where you are getting these statistics from. Unsaxon's General Grab Information Thread tells me otherwise. Bowser Standing Grab has about the same length as Dedede's, and his Dash Grab is much longer than Marth's.

The Thread in general tells me that Marth is nowhere near 3rd best.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=196207
i agree with Mmac here, and saying that if the character is not marth, DDD, or charizard, or has a tether grab, then their grabs are useless is kind of um....well unexpected from you adumbrodeus, peach has zero grab range, but she can effectively grab, i also play bowser as a 3rd character and im gonna say, its not too hard to grab ness, and it plays a huge part in the matchup, and any bowser main will know thier strengths and weaknesses, and they know how effective their grab game is, so they will know how and when to grab the little guy.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Why dont you tell that to Taj?

@ C. Blitzkrieg: :laugh::chuckle::laugh::chuckle::laugh: ur sig is hilarious!!!
I didn't say I don't like like Mewtwo, he's one of my favourites.
I said that his moveset could be improved and his speed increased. He's a good character, he is just too slow, and his disable move could be replaced with something more effective.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Bowser's grab game is far from useless. It's amazing, and brings high into mid tier. CG galor, grab releases e.c.t.

but when people actually say that Bowser beats out Ness because of these.
(which he can do to pretty much every other character, except no one realizes this because everyone hates Ness. -_-)

Edit:
i agree with Mmac here, and saying that if the character is not marth, DDD, or charizard, or has a tether grab, then their grabs are useless is kind of um....well unexpected from you adumbrodeus, peach has zero grab range, but she can effectively grab, i also play bowser as a 3rd character and im gonna say, its not too hard to grab ness, and it plays a huge part in the matchup, and any bowser main will know thier strengths and weaknesses, and they know how effective their grab game is, so they will know how and when to grab the little guy.
Again, Bowser can do this to other characters too you know. Not just Ness. And so what? If Bowser gets off a grab on Ness, I will just get jabbed>tilted, effing Bowser bomb e.ct. If I get off a PKF at 0% on Bowser. It leads into an instant Fsmash. Bowser grab doesn't play a HUGE part into his matchup.

And you said little guy :laugh:
Im not insulting you, it just sounds funny

Edit 2:http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=192932

There are characters who are worse off than, Ness. Does he auto counter them? No.

PkTrainerCris

Smash Ace
Marths grab range is OK, but it's not the third best
Charizard is second, and his grab range is like two times marth's
Bowser is the first one, with the longest non tether grab range

Galanoth7395

Smash Apprentice
i expect Zero Suit Samus to move up because of her Down Smash -.-

and i know this was discussed earlier, but how is dedede above mgaw? and when's the next tier list coming out??? i can't wait! ^.^

PKNintendo

Smash Master
D3 can infinite 7 characters,

(the unlucky 5+ DDD himself and wolf on a ledge)

Buffer CG the entire cast.

gantrain05

Smash Master
i expect Zero Suit Samus to move up because of her Down Smash -.-

and i know this was discussed earlier, but how is dedede above mgaw? and when's the next tier list coming out??? i can't wait! ^.^
i really really doubt that ZSS is gonna move up just because of he Dsmash >.> i mean we have all known about it since the beginning of brawl and she hasn't moved up yet because of it has she?

Galanoth7395

Smash Apprentice
okayyyyyyyy lol i didn't know that

yes, ZSS will probably move up because of the D-smash, you can do some really good combos with it, racking up damage quite nicely.

Galanoth7395

Smash Apprentice
btw, how do i know how to get each rank? (as in smash noob, smash child, smash lord, etc.) is there a thread for it somewhere? is it in your profile? plz tell

BrawLBlazer

Smash Journeyman
I know Yoshi sucks, but I feel he should be moved up slightly as well. He has only a slight disadvantage against Meta Knight.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
your missing two, there's:
smash noob
smash child
smash journeyman
smash apprentice
smash director
smash debator
smash lord
smash master
Director and debator aren't based on postcount; a person with 10 posts could be a director or debator, they just need to fill certain conditions. Titles and their requirements:

Smash Noob-0
Smash Child-25
Smash Journeyman-100
Smash Apprentice-500
Smash Lord-1000
Smash Master-2500 (I always thought it was 3000 lol)
Smash Director-Host a tourney
Smash Writer-Win the Writer's contest/something else, not 100% sure
Smash Debater-Apply to be a Debater and prove yourself to be intelligent/able to debate
Smash Broomer (you don't actually get this title, I think, you can choose your own title)-Be knowledgeable of Smash? not sure either
Smash SBroomer-Apply to be a SBroomer or be chosen

Probably wrong on the special ones (Writer, debater) but that's basically it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom