• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Yes but since Marth as an infinite on him, ANYONE can pick up Marth to CP Ness and just grab him once per stock and win the match. That is why he is that low IMO.
M3D said:
2. Instead of measuring a match outcomes, tiers are more a measurement of potential of characters against the rest of the cast in a competitive, 1v1 tournament environment. It shows general strength of a character's abilities in a specific tournament environment. So yes, maybe Yoshi is a beast in teams or Ganon is REALLY good with items turned on... but this list measures somethingd different than those things.
2. Instead of measuring a match outcomes, tiers are more a measurement of potential of characters against the rest of the cast in a competitive,
potential of characters against the rest of the cast
rest of the cast
No. That is not why he is low.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
They cannot, since the skill they need to invest with Marth is decent. I've beaten plenty of players this way. Again. It. Is. Not. An. Infinite.

You CAN escape it.
.....Anyone can escape infinites after a high percentage. Yes, marths grab on ness is an infinite, ddd has an infinite on a lot of characters, they're considered infinites by the ddd boards. But the characters can escape them after a certain percent

PKNintendo

Smash Master
.....Anyone can escape infinites after a high percentage. Yes, marths grab on ness is an infinite
No it isn't. Are you 100%? 90%. I can't believe people just post that?
lame. I can see it's not going anywhere since ''I the minority'' will most likely get ignored. Maybe in 3-4 years when people stumble upon Ness and try to play against a Marth, will they see that it is NOT an infinite. Sigh, infinites are INFINITE. If I wanted to, I could infinite a Ness CPU. But I a human player is different, you CAN escape it.

.....Anyone can escape infinites after a high percentage. Yes, marths grab on ness is an infinite, ddd has an infinite on a lot of characters, they're considered infinites by the ddd boards. But the characters can escape them after a certain percent

No offense but you know very little about Ness CG problems via Marth

Using the super grab break, they CAN be escaped as early as 15% (NOT AN INFINITE)
at higher %, it gets harder to escape Marths CG, and he can do it for longer at a high%. DDD actually HAS an infinite on 4 characters. Try as they might they cannot escape. I dislike how his long CG on some characters can even be CONSIDERED an infinite. It's like saying ''Oh, I using my grab. That a mindgame W00T'' It's incorrect in every way. DDD CG doesn't matter on %, it's on how fast the move decays, as long as you jab twice, you can infinite those characters.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23UyrHXK36A

This brings me to a second point. Luigi's infinite
He's infinited yet he's higher than Ness. I agree that he's a better character and deserves mid, yet Ness is low because of ''imaginary infinite''

Someone has got to make a video on escaping Marth's CG.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
ness is low because of recovery alone. easily gimped. and don't tell me "not if used right" because i know ness pretty well. ness's tier placement was probly hardly altered at all due to the "infinite." ness just isn't that great of a character, get over it.

Barge

ness is low because of recovery alone. easily gimped. and don't tell me "not if used right" because i know ness pretty well. ness's tier placement was probly hardly altered at all due to the "infinite." ness just isn't that great of a character, get over it.
He has a hard time approaching too >_>

PKNintendo

Smash Master
He has a hard time approaching too >_>
That I can agree with. ><

But PK jump can help.

I posted this before on the Marth boards but W/E

My Marth vs Ness input. Marths CG is one trick that keeps on giving. Essentially grab isn't what your worry about, nor the jabs. It's the smash at the end! At 0%, you can Spin your control stick and flick the
c-stick to exit the grab quickly. (I do this alot) my problems is Marth's downsmash. It's 222too fast, and 222too strong. It KO's early, and kills the matchup for me.

EX: 0 for both players.

N=Ness
M=Michael jackson
----=Stage

N__________M_
Marth will start out with a few aerials, mixes it up and deals 15%-30% to Ness. Ness uses a Fair e.c.t.

_______N M_______
At this range, Marth can grab Ness. Once the rapist grabs you, expect 10-15% (170% is just ridiculous) from the jabs themselves. But smash at the end hurts alot.
I cut out some other things, but they we'rent needed.

gantrain05

Smash Master
meh, go ahead and bash ness if you guys want, but when im beating those snakes at my monthlies and doing well with ness, i'll just remember to thank ness for being bottom tier, oh and he really doesn't have much problems approaching, there are alot of tricks you can do with Fair to make it alot easier.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Ness really isn't all that bad. He's just not a very good character but he's at leas decent

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Ness really isn't all that bad. He's just not a very good character but he's at leas decent
This.

And after some extensive playing, I managed to get out the grab 70-80% at 15%.

Seriously, it's not that bad.

Ness recovery is clearly the best. :laugh:
It's not terrible

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Actually, this isn't the case. In fact, that's the difference between legitimate infinites and semi-infinites. With infinites, the attack involved has the same knockback regardless of the damage done. Examples of this from Melee are Fox's shine infinite off of a wall. You could literally do that until they maxed out in percentage with no change in distance.

Grab-release infinites such as Yoshi's on Wario or Marth's on Ness don't send their victims any further if they're at 999% than they do if they're at 0%. Granted, I think Marth's infinite moves Marth just a tiny bit forward as he does it, but the distance is so short that it's a technicality.

Tornadith

Smash Journeyman
*Sends Sundance _______________ on __________ Day,
What?

Ok, I dunno about you but I think that Ness'/Ness's (Idk) recovery is not very good at all. It's very predicable, it's hard to control (only go in one direction) and it's certainly not the best in the game. I think that Meta Knight has the best recovery because he doesn't have just one recovery. HE HAS FOUR. Meta Knight is extremely unpredictable and all of his recoveries are easy to control so that for whatever situation you need, there will always be a recovery to get you where you need. I think that's also a reason why Meta Knight is #1.

Barge

Ok, I dunno about you but I think that Ness'/Ness's (Idk) recovery is not very good at all. It's very predicable, it's hard to control (only go in one direction) and it's certainly not the best in the game. I think that Meta Knight has the best recovery because he doesn't have just one recovery. HE HAS FOUR. Meta Knight is extremely unpredictable and all of his recoveries are easy to control so that for whatever situation you need, there will always be a recovery to get you where you need. I think that's also a reason why Meta Knight is #1.
Ness' PKT2 only goes in one direction? No, it's a 360 degree radius, and if anything, you should only use it as a last resort. We already established Metaknight has the best recoveries.

Because he hax

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Ness and Lucas' recoveries are actually pretty good.... if you don't use them.

If you'll notice, most Ness players with do his second jump into a forward air to recover about 90% of the time, while Lucas players tend to use the rope snake a lot. PK Thunder is almost always a total last resort.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
That's not really the problem. The problem is that there's like a kajillion ways to snuff it out if you see it coming.

Barge

Sorry I said that wrong. What I meant was that when you PK thunder hits you, you only got straight in one direction. After it hits you, there's no control and you can't change anything after that point so there's no turning or bending or anything.
It doesn't matter which direction they get hit in, its almost always an instant KO if they're not at low percentages, as for not being able to turn or anything when you're recovering, that's why you make sure you go in the right direction.

Tornadith

Smash Journeyman
*Sends Sundance _______________ on __________ Day,
My point...

It doesn't matter which direction they get hit in, its almost always an instant KO if they're not at low percentages, as for not being able to turn or anything when you're recovering, that's why you make sure you go in the right direction.
My main point is that it's virtually useless if you are under the stage or in a position in which going in one direction does not help you at all.

Flipinogamer

Smash Cadet
wow, i agree with this list

although its hard to belive that bowser is in the middle and mario is actually low

i always thought yoshi would be in the bottom. didnt think it would be falcon.

wangston

Smash Lord
Captain Falcon will move up from being the worst and that's a fact. Sonic is also going to move out of the bottom. Just play __X__ sonic and you will know why.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Actually, this isn't the case. In fact, that's the difference between legitimate infinites and semi-infinites. With infinites, the attack involved has the same knockback regardless of the damage done. Examples of this from Melee are Fox's shine infinite off of a wall. You could literally do that until they maxed out in percentage with no change in distance.

Grab-release infinites such as Yoshi's on Wario or Marth's on Ness don't send their victims any further if they're at 999% than they do if they're at 0%. Granted, I think Marth's infinite moves Marth just a tiny bit forward as he does it, but the distance is so short that it's a technicality.
Marth moves alot actually. Ness drags him to the edge. I consistently Super grab Break (spinning the control stick, and flicking the C-stick)

And got 15% the first time Marth grab me.

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
I'm actually extremely happy with the major change in tier list that Pikachu has had. #12? I can live with that. He's been my main ever since I played (SSB64) and I love that he's way better in Brawl. I can actually use him in Tournaments now!
I still remember when Pikachu was top of Top Tier back in SSB. :bee:

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
There's no way Fox WON'T go up in a future list. Sadly, Wolf may end up being the lesser of the SF trio. Pit may actually stay unchanged, with the characters around him either going above him or below him.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Falco > Wolf > Fox.

Fox clearly has the worst tools of the three and he's not better than any character listed above him. If anything he'll drop a few spots. Characters like ZSS, Zelda/Sheik and Peach could surpass him realistically.

king0'smash

Smash Rookie
Why is Luigi above Mario. Mario is very solid in Brawl. Much better than that unbelievable loser....Geesh I hate Luigi sooooo much. Congrats to Mr. Game & Watch and R.O.B. Nice job, WTF characters!! :)

CaCa

Smash Rookie
Dr. Wright told me his "Tiers R 4 Queers" campaign, and I agree with him.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Newark, DE (only a mile from University of Delawar
yup...Falcon is low tier...honestly I think all of us knew that eventually they were going to knock him down from his perch to put on the newer characters.

For the most part I have no arguments with the list as it is now but I'll probably guess that as time goes on people will develope strategies against MK, falco, and D3...and for falco's case how about we don't go the Plank route eh?

Toon Link might go up a spot or two eventually but there will still be a large gap from the current cream of the crop.

Personally probably by next year a large percentage of low tiers will surface with exceptional players that will make most people rethink how they think of those characters and be worried about them as tiers only go so far.

Also I'm predicting that Falcon is still gonna be low tier in the next possible installment...

Super Smash Brothers Masochist (SSBM)

>_>

crewster

Smash Lord
Your a noob if you think this list is 'superb'.

The list is ridiculous. People should stop wasting there time over a stupid list and just play the **** game!
Now, now. Thats not th right attitude is it? Look at this thread, discuss the potentional of cirtain characters in there respective boards. and saying "The list is ridiculous. People should stop wasting there time over a stupid list and just play the **** game!" is just like saying "Smashboards is a waste of time, just play the game" and you don't want to know what happens when you diss smashboards!

CaCa

Smash Rookie
Isn't that what we are doing? :ohwell:
Yes you are. Why make a list of characters who are bad? There are people maybe unbeatable with Mario. But he is in the 'low tier' section. Its a contradiction. But do as you all like, I was just giving my opinion about it. No biggy.

Now, now. Thats not th right attitude is it? Look at this thread, discuss the potentional of cirtain characters in there respective boards. and saying "The list is ridiculous. People should stop wasting there time over a stupid list and just play the **** game!" is just like saying "Smashboards is a waste of time, just play the game" and you don't want to know what happens when you diss smashboards!
I didn't say anything about Smashboards, becaus its a cool 'SSBB fan' site. I was whining about the tier list.

soloSHADOWROB

Smash Journeyman
The list seems pretty accurate to me
Although I think Wario and Marth should be High tier and DSF has been sayin Diddy should be too, Im assuming because of Azen's Diddy.
I think ROB is gon drop to the top of the high tier for some reason ;=/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom