• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boxob

Smash Champion
But there are more situations where Ike's is preferable.
You can't just say that.

Are you going to list every situation and tally them off? No, not likely. Kudos if you do. But I would much rather the extra DI over the SA frames in most situations.

:093:

Barge

All I want is a custom title
You can't just say that.

Are you going to list every situation and tally them off? No, not likely. Kudos if you do. But I would much rather the extra DI over the SA frames in most situations.

Well opinion doesn't beat fact in this argument. Ike has a better chance at getting back on.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
You can't just say that.

Well aren't you just saying that Link's is better, despite overwhelming evidence and the voice of well-educated smashers?

:054:

Boxob

Smash Champion
It doesn't specifically have to be a dair.
Any gimp in general, ike would survive, link wouldnt.

And i'll bring up the fact again that ike has more range than link in the verticle recoveries.
But still, the maneuverability during and after the UpB is truly something you're overlooking. And now that you bring up general gimping, the hookshot can save you from lot of situations. Where as Ike needs to recover low. He zones himself perfectly nearly every time to be gimped.

Barge

But still, the maneuverability during and after the UpB is truly something you're overlooking. And now that you bring up general gimping, the hookshot can save you from lot of situations. Where as Ike needs to recover low. He zones himself perfectly nearly every time to be gimped.

Okay, maybe Ike is gimped easier, MAYBE. He still has the super armor frames at his leisure.

BUT, lets say no one is ledgehogging/gimping. Ike has a better chance at getting back on, due to the more range of recovery and recovery options. If Link is too far to get back, he'll have to pull out a bomb, which....
a. might not explode on time
and
b. does damage to yourself

Boxob

Smash Champion
Well aren't you just saying that Link's is better, despite overwhelming evidence and the voice of well-educated smashers?

:054:
No, I was nearly comparing some of the qualities of link to that of Ike's.

Ike is a better character purely out of risk reward.

My point was that Link is not the second worst character in this game. There are less fortunate characters than him.

To imply that I'm not as well-educated as you or other smashers is ignorance, as I am very well educated in all three installments of smash brothers. Don't assume otherwise until you know otherwise.

Boxob

Smash Champion
Okay, maybe Ike is gimped easier, MAYBE. He still has the super armor frames at his leisure.

BUT, lets say no one is ledgehogging/gimping. Ike has a better chance at getting back on, due to the more range of recovery and recovery options. If Link is too far to get back, he'll have to pull out a bomb, which....
a. might not explode on time
and
b. does damage to yourself
When was the last time you've been knocked off the stage as Ike or Link? Never?

Because that's what it sounds like. Again, you can't use unreasonable circumstances to prove a point valid. It's like saying that Captain falcon is the best combo character because when no one moves or air dodges you can do ridiculous things with him.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
No, I was nearly comparing some of the qualities of link to that of Ike's.

Ike is a better character purely out of risk reward.

My point was that Link is not the second worst character in this game. There are less fortunate characters than him.

To imply that I'm not as well-educated as you or other smashers is ignorance, as I am very well educated in all three installments of smash brothers. Don't assume otherwise until you know otherwise.

Your education was never is question. I was merely making a point that the majority disagreed with you, and you lacked decisive evidence to make us change our mind.

Barge

When was the last time you've been knocked off the stage as Ike or Link? Never?

Because that's what it sounds like. Again, you can't use unreasonable circumstances to prove a point valid. It's like saying that Captain falcon is the best combo character because when no one moves or air dodges you can do ridiculous things with him.

What? No one trying to gimp you is an unreasonable circumstance? When was THAT established?

Boxob

Smash Champion

Next time I'll post evidence.

Lol.

Boxob

Smash Champion
What? No one trying to gimp you is an unreasonable circumstance? When was THAT established?
Anyone with a decent recovery (Almost everyone) can go offstage for a gimp attempt.

Some are even blessed with the availability of a projectile to stop people from getting back.

If you hit Like or Ike off the stage, and you see that they can get back. and you simply don't go out and gimp them.

The I question if you're any good at this game, or logical thinking all together.

Barge

Anyone with a decent recovery (Almost everyone) can go offstage for a gimp attempt.

Some are even blessed with the availability of a projectile to stop people from getting back.

If you hit Like or Ike off the stage, and you see that they can get back. and you simply don't go out and gimp them.

The I question if you're any good at this game, or logical thinking all together.

Ugh...you're not getting it,I'm not implementing that they're trying to stop you from recovering anymore. I'm saying that Ike has more range and options to get back on-stage then Link has.

Boxob

Smash Champion

If you hit Like or Ike off the stage, and you see that they can get back. and you simply don't go out and try gimping them.

I question if you're any good at this game, or logical thinking all together.

Boxob

Smash Champion
Ugh...you're not getting it,I'm not implementing that they're trying to stop you from recovering anymore. I'm saying that Ike has more range and options to get back on-stage then Link has.
You're not getting it.

Sonic's is the fastest runner in the game. Does this mean he will get from point A to B with Character X trying to stop him fast than Falco would?

No. You're not taking into account factors outside of possible distance gained.

Barge

Listen, I guess you're being stubborn.

I'll leave it off with..

Ike has a better recovery then Link in so many ways its not even funny.

/Argument.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Am I the only one that finds this page of the thread REALLY visually annoying?

iRjOn

Smash Lord
This arguement is stupid lol Boxob its just a list...who cares it shouldnt affect how you play...
Barge and everyone else is basically right your our numbered give up...
I mean just let it go. Majority believes Ike is a better...I like Link too use to main him in melee but now I main T.Link but still I pay props to Link and own with him...but anywho...just let it go guys its just a list.

Boxob

Smash Champion
This arguement is stupid lol Boxob its just a list...who cares it shouldnt affect how you play...
Barge and everyone else is basically right your our numbered give up...
I mean just let it go. Majority believes Ike is a better...I like Link too use to main him in melee but now I main T.Link but still I pay props to Link and own with him...but anywho...just let it go guys its just a list.
I main Sonic, the list effects me in no way, other than using it to analyze the game.

To come to a stickied thread about a tier list and tell me (or anyone) that we shouldn't worry about the list is stupid. We came here to discuss it, so we'll discuss it. If you think it's silly, and that it's just a list, why post here?

iRjOn

Smash Lord
@ Boxob

Your discussion is stupid and pointless it wont magically advance the meta game any XD...I'm not going to debate with you dicussing somthing is different from debating so thus your point is a epic fail... =P
And why post here?
Because its free...duh? XD Its late I'm having fun lol

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
Your discussion is stupid and pointless it wont magically advance the meta game any XD...I'm not going to debate with you dicussing somthing is different from debating so thus your point is a epic fail... =P
And why post here?
Ok, just stop.

Discussion is discussion. All view points must be examined before we can come to a conclusion.

If you discount a possibility before considering it, than you are doing a disservice.

So even though I heavily disagree with his viewpoint, it is not stupid.

Boxob

Smash Champion
@ Boxob

And why post here?
I wasn't debating with you, I was replying to you.

And that's all it was. The only epic fail is you trying to be cool by telling me I failed, when I clearly main the only Steak Tier character in the game.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Ikes recovery is better than Links to the recent argument. It's dependant on what the situation is though, but in most cases I could as a Toon Link either Spike Link or Bair him off the stage.

How does it get brought up here though? This is a discussion about the organization of the game.
Not the comparison of only two characters.

And Boxob, how do you go from comparing recoveries to comparing characters. Meh.
You're confusing me brah.

edit: if you want to debate it I'm fine with it but most of what everything I know would basically have already been said and done. Super Armor Frames reduces your chances of getting gimped. Link has nothing like this. He spins a bit, but can be easily spiked (which many characters can do in this game) or edgegaurded.

I don't see what you're arguing with or what evidence you have.

iRjOn

Smash Lord
Ok 1 the japanese people that made that video that Sonic boards love so much of Sonic with steak are ******** lol

And you trying to lead this into a debate, stupid dissagreements always lead there...
I dont have to try and be kool I'm me thats all nothing more or nothing less heh...

True Blackbelt you have a point... I didnt look at it this way I shall myself let this go...Continue with your point of Link's Recovery over Ike's recovery I should have thought about it more in the way blackbelt said carry on...

Boxob

Smash Champion
Ikes recovery is better than Links to the recent argument. It's dependant on what the situation is though, but in most cases I could as a Toon Link either Spike Link or Bair him off the stage.

How does it get brought up here though? This is a discussion about the organization of the game.
Not the comparison of only two characters.

And Boxob, how do you go from comparing recoveries to comparing characters. Meh.
You're confusing me brah.
Actually. My initial argument was that Link is not the second worst character in the game.

I used Ike as a comparison.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Actually. My initial argument was that Link is not the second worst character in the game.

I used Ike as a comparison.

Okay, I'd actually have to read back to find this though. Joining in late doesn't help.

I myself really don't think Link is the second worse in the game. It all boils down to personal preference though, not tourneys and tiers IMO. Tiers only state has the better chance of winning, at least that's what people think, but I've been around whining too long (for a year possibly) to realize it's the person playing the character that changes everything. There will never be a tournament with only computer players, ever.

Tiers are really a bad organization method, but it's the only one we have.

Toon Link for instance could be God tier for all we know, but he just doesn't get enough representation or someone just hasn't found that char-breaking mechanic.

The tier list is fail right now, it shouldn't be based on Population. It'll become more reliant as the game progresses though.

gantrain05

Smash Master
Ok, I can understand Falcon, and maybe the PT(if only because he's hamstrung by his autoswitching a fatigue) but I cannot picture Samus as worse than Link.
nah, even with fatigue, all 3 of the pokemon in themselves are better than link anyway, if you have to switch, your still not doing as bad as picking link imo.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
nah, even with fatigue, all 3 of the pokemon in themselves are better than link anyway, if you have to switch, your still not doing as bad as picking link imo.
I'm inclined to agree with this. Pokemon Trainer isn't as bad as Link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom