• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinc Elemental

Smash Journeyman
the thing is, mario can gimp MK while staying ON the stage, he doesn't even have to leave the edge of the platform, so theres really no danger in meta gimping him in return
Are you implying that the FLUDD gimps MK, or is there something else I'm missing here in terms of his edgegaurding game? If the former, what MKs have you been playing.

Also, ofc course Mario doesn't have to worry about MK gimping him. I mean, it's not like it's a mediocre recovery against an amazing gimp game or anything.

So everyone that ever played any fighting game in his life is a queer?
Uh, clearly. Ever play Dead or Alive? Definitely designed for gay men.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
the thing is, mario can gimp MK while staying ON the stage, he doesn't even have to leave the edge of the platform, so theres really no danger in meta gimping him in return,
This is so utterly absurd that it hardly bears qualifying.

Let's lay this all on the line, here. At the highest level of play, Mario's not going to gimp Meta Knight. DK probably isn't either, but he has a better shot at it (some DK players are arguing a neutral match-up against Meta because of DK's reach advantage).

And that's IF Mario gets him off the stage, which also isn't happening. I want you to say with a straight face that your Mario (or anyone else's) is going to beat this Meta Knight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46QmG2b4eAg

Unless you came up with some magic ability that no one knows about, you'll get eaten alive.

if you have a good internet connection i'll gladly play your DK with my mario, so long as lag is minimal.
First of all, I don't play as DK. I can, but he's not my main. Secondly, clever way to leave yourself an out, there. If I beat you, you'd just use a lag john and save face. No dice. If I ever played you (which wouldn't prove anything anyway, since neither of us are at the absolute pinnacle of ability and we're both playing online), I don't want any excuses about it; win, lose, or draw.

And again, no matter what would happen, it would be considered anecdotal evidence, so excuses wouldn't be necessary anyway.

hizzlum

Smash Journeyman
How the top tier should have been divided IMO(the characters are placed right, the tiers IMO are not)

My edits
MK

Very high
Snake(maybe go with MK in top tier)
DDD
G&W
Falco
Rob
Maybe Wario?(he has been doing better than ROB at tournies lately(look at axis where futile got 2nd)
STill the more I play, the more truth I find in this tier list the SBR made a month ago.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
My edits
MK

Very high
Snake(maybe go with MK in top tier)
The main difference between Snake and Meta Knight is that Snake has a few firm counters, while Meta Knight only has a couple of arguable neutrals.

gantrain05

Smash Master
ice climbers i believe actually have the highest pinnacle of ability, when people learn to actually master them, they probably will end up being top tier, they have an infinite on every single character, that can lead to easy KO's off of every single grab, metaknight just mashing the A button in the air while pressing random directions, and then using 12 whorenado's per stock.....he's gonna get banned eventually i'd bet money on it.

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
Pit should move up in the future. Meta Knight aside and Game & Watch to a lesser degree, he does pretty well against the current Top Tiers. Advantages over Snake and Dedede and Neutral with Falco and R.O.B. In High Tier, Marth is really the only character that gives him any trouble. His excellent edge-guarding skills, fantastic recovery, solid projectile and edge game, etc all have the makings of an upper High Tier character in my opinion (at least in the Top 10 for sure). 15th is a bit low when you consider how he fares against some of the best characters. If more people start using him well and boost his tournament placings, I wouldn't be surprised if he took bottom of Top Tier.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
ice climbers i believe actually have the highest pinnacle of ability, when people learn to actually master them, they probably will end up being top tier, they have an infinite on every single character, that can lead to easy KO's off of every single grab, metaknight just mashing the A button in the air while pressing random directions, and then using 12 whorenado's per stock.....he's gonna get banned eventually i'd bet money on it.
Lol

Ice's grab game is dangerious against characters that need to be in their grab range to work well. It basically forces them to space disadvantagiously,

However, against characters comfortable at that range (Marth, MK, Zelda, etc.) Ice Climbers have got nothing. They'll get less then a grab a match.

hizzlum

Smash Journeyman
The main difference between Snake and Meta Knight is that Snake has a few firm counters, while Meta Knight only has a couple of arguable neutrals.
K then it settle my statement,

MK(lol at his brokeness, though he is not unbeatable by any means)

Very High
Snake
DDD
G&W
Falco
ROB
Wario

As I am follow tourney results since this tier list for brawl was created, it seems like snake,DDD,G&W,Falco have remained doing as well as they have before the list came out(maybe falco will swicth positions with G&W beacuse falco is proving himself more than G&W at touries recently)
ROB on the other hand has done slightly worse after this list was made while wario has shown his potenical at axis and futile being ranked 2nd in socal rankings with wario, so I think wario may pass rob now that wario has had a boost in results.
As for the tier below this very high tier, diddy kong has done really well as naners has shown and DK has been dropping, while marth and Lucario remain consistent.
Just IMO so you can critize, but know I go to weekly frinedlies where I played the best sonic in norcal and maybe califoria(nor4u) and other great smashers, so I know a bit about the competive scene.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Who, Snake? That's not true. Snake has a handful of disadvantages and a few neutrals as well. Even the Snake board concedes to this.
No, metaknight. I know snake has a lot of bad matchups.

About ic:

Ic's has trouble Fthrow cging
ness lucas rob MK jiggly

Ic's has trouble dthrow to fair cging
most BIG heavy characters.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Oh yeah, that's true. Meta Knight dominates. He's truly in a league of his own.

But Yoshi is still eyeing him with a grin on his face.

...Then again, Yoshi ALWAYS has a grin on his face, so that might not mean anything at all. :laugh:

Boxob

Smash Champion
I'm really disliking the placement of Link.

He's almost as strong as Ike, has a better recovery, projectiles, is green, combo ability, zair, great kill moves.

What exactly is it that makes him the second worst? Nothing.

:093:

Barge

He's almost as strong as Ike, has a better recovery, projectiles, is green, combo ability, zair, great kill moves.

What exactly is it that makes him the worst? Nothing.

Link? Better recovery than ike? Link is 10x more gimpable than ike. Ike has super armor frames, and quick draw has an additional long range recovery method, but yes, both equally suck if they are too far from the ledge.

Amide

Smash Lord

What exactly is it that makes him the second worst? Nothing.

Actually, Link has a MUCH worse recovery, and this is the main reason he's so low. Projectiles, while helpful, don't really help him have a long range game. Link's moves are to slow to combo, and yeah, he has a good zair. What makes him the second worse is how he has trouble beating Meta Knight, it's like impossible. He also doesn't have a reliable way to reack damage.

Boxob

Smash Champion
Link? Better recovery than ike? Link is 10x more gimpable than ike. Ike has super armor frames, and quick draw has an additional long range recovery method, but yes, both equally suck if they are too far from the ledge.
Ike sideB is a joke, so easily interrupted.

They get the same amount of height almost, but link has better DI during the move.

Plus everything else I said.

Barge

Ike sideB is a joke, so easily interrupted.

They get the same amount of height almost, but link has better DI during the move.

Plus everything else I said.

Ikes up B has longer range then link, and it attacks under the stage, and again, it has super armor frames, and if it can't make it, he has a chance at taking the opponent down with them. Hmm... quickdraw is still another recovery option. And zair is useless if hes not close enough

Boxob

Smash Champion
Actually, Link has a MUCH worse recovery, and this is the main reason he's so low. Projectiles, while helpful, don't really help him have a long range game. Link's moves are to slow to combo, and yeah, he has a good zair. What makes him the second worse is how he has trouble beating Meta Knight, it's like impossible. He also doesn't have a reliable way to reack damage.
Projectiles = long range game.

Combo's can be initiated with the bombs and Nair, both of which are of high priority and speed.

Metaknight is one character.

Boxob

Smash Champion
Ikes up B has longer range then link, and it attacks under the stage, and again, it has super armor frames, and if it can't make it, he has a chance at taking the opponent down with them. Hmm... quickdraw is still another recovery option. And zair is useless if hes not close enough
I'd rather have the extra DI than the less than half a character length of height, Placing yourself near directly under the stage to recover is begging for a stage spike or gimp of some sort, Link does that same, just a little bit safer.

Zair is useless if they're too far, as is every other attack in any game ever.

Barge

I'd rather have the extra DI than the less than half a character length of height, Placing yourself near directly under the stage to recover is begging for a stage spike or gimp of some sort, Link does that same, just a little bit safer.

Zair is useless if they're too far, as is every other attack in any game ever.

Yeah I definitely worded that wrong.

ANYWAYS: Okay, theres 2 scenarios

One with Ike, one with Link.

Toon Link is above you, and your trying to recover! He dair's you and lands it.

Scenario 1: You Up B with Link, Dair lands, link dies.

Scenario 2: Your Up B with Ike, Dair lands, Ike survives due to super armor frames

Which is better?

Boxob

Smash Champion
Yeah I definitely worded that wrong.

ANYWAYS: Okay, theres 2 scenarios

One with Ike, one with Link.

Toon Link is above you, and your trying to recover! He dair's you and lands it.

Scenario 1: You Up B with Link, Dair lands, link dies.

Scenario 2: Your Up B with Ike, Dair lands, Ike survives due to super armor frames

Which is better?
Air dodge, and both die.

You can't use one scenario, especially one as flawed as this. Any good TL will use dair off stage only if they know they will hit with it. Which means they're going to combo into it. Which means you will get hit and die regardless of character.

Unless of course the the person you're fighting is stupid enough to mindlessly drop down on you from a distance without you being in hitstun.

Barge

Air dodge, and both die.

You can't use one scenario, especially one as flawed as this. Any good TL will use dair off stage only if they know they will hit with it. Which means they're going to combo into it. Which means you will get hit and die regardless of character.

Unless of course the the person you're fighting is stupid enough to mindlessly drop down on you from a distance without you being in hitstun.

Thats not the point, the point is if ike/link were to get hit when they're recovering, link would die and ike would survive, making ikes recovery surperior.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
They both suck near equally, they both have their advantages. Which is better is truly based upon the situation, which there are way too many of to make an actual evaluation on.

But there are more situations where Ike's is preferable.

Boxob

Smash Champion
Thats not the point, the point is if ike/link were to get hit when they're recovering, link would die and ike would survive, making ikes recovery surperior.
The point is invalid because the situation is ridiculous.

If you know that you're going to get hit by a dair from so far away that your super armor frames will be out and ready to save you, you would just air dodge and not take the risk.

Barge

The point is invalid because the situation is ridiculous.

If you know that you're going to get hit by a dair from so far away that your super armor frames will be out and ready to save you, you would just air dodge and not take the risk.

It doesn't specifically have to be a dair.
Any gimp in general, ike would survive, link wouldnt.

And i'll bring up the fact again that ike has more range than link in the verticle recoveries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom