• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaac Brawler

Smash Apprentice
It may sound a bit stupid, but:

Why don't you put on the list, apart from Zelda and Sheik, a "character" called Zelda/Sheik?

Many people use only Zelda, many other use only Sheik. But there are also people who combine Sheik's damaging power with Zelda's KOing power. I think Zelda, Sheik, and Zelda/Sheik should be listed as separate characters.

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
Yes, when is the next Tier List coming out, hmm?

And will it be a v1.1 or a v2.0 I wonder...

1.1 means there'll be only a few minor changes...

2.0 means there'll be some major alterations.

I personally hope for a 2.0 esque change.

Also...

Why again were there only 4 Tiers?

kr3wman

Smash Master
It may sound a bit stupid, but:

Why don't you put on the list, apart from Zelda and Sheik, a "character" called Zelda/Sheik?

Many people use only Zelda, many other use only Sheik. But there are also people who combine Sheik's damaging power with Zelda's KOing power. I think Zelda, Sheik, and Zelda/Sheik should be listed as separate characters.
Try searching the thread before saying stuff we already discussed upon.

Also...

Why again were there only 4 Tiers?
The SBR deemed(?) that only those 4 gaps between the characters overall matchups were big enough to warrant a separation.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I hate to be a party pooper, but everyone has different page settings. I only have 71 pages, and his post is near the bottom >_>

also, you stretch my page like deet

kr3wman

Smash Master
I hate to be a party pooper, but everyone has different page settings. I only have 71 pages, and his post is near the bottom >_>

also, you stretch my page like deet
It doesn't for me. We probably have different Screen resolution settings.

Vaniix Raiser

Smash Rookie
I am currently displeased about shiek's current tier placement, and I intend to do something about it
I agree. I loved Shiek in Melee (and not for the tier placement), and she feels so much different this time around, but I want her to be higher. Hmmm...I might look into seconding...

P.S.: It feels kind of good resetting my post count after about two or three years.

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
I think Sheik should be higher as well, but her tournament results are very poor. Peach deserves to be a few spots higher, as does Pit for obvious reasons.

M@v

Subarashii!
I think Sheik should be higher as well, but her tournament results are very poor. Peach deserves to be a few spots higher, as does Pit for obvious reasons.
sheik is fine they way she is. The thing is sheik and Zelda are meant to be played as one IMO; it would be really hard to place them that way. Zelda does better alone than sheik, and is actually feasible alone. But adding sheik is like giving her an upgrade.

Xeze

Smash Ace
NNID
XezeMaster
3DS FC
3969-6256-6191
In my opinion, the changes on the new tier list will be:

- DDD and R.O.B. will move down to high tier.
- Marth will be top tier.
- Falco will move up in top tier.
- Pit will move up in high tier.
- Bowser will move down (not sure if he mantains middle tier or moves to low)
- Toon Link will move to high tier.
- Mario and Lucas will move to the bottom of middle tier.
- Peach and ZSS will move up to the top of middle tier.
- Ike will be on the top of low tier.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
i expect the next list will come out 6 to 8 months from now. you have to have some major usa tournies go down.

and in the FUTURE i see peach/pit/fox climbing the tiers.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Hopefully Ness should move up. The truth about Ness CG, rise in tourney results and squatted misconception will help him rise.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I don't know why ppl care so much about their main characters position on the tier list. It doesn't make him a better character, eh? :/

DarkISDA

Smash Lord
IMO:

Toon Link will rise
Dedede will move down a bit, but stay Top.
Marth will move in top
Peach will rise, probably top of middle tier
Sonic will rise
Jigglypuff will rise, but not much
Link will rise above Ganondorf
Metaknight won't be in

Kookie

Smash Apprentice
I don't know why ppl care so much about their main characters position on the tier list. It doesn't make him a better character, eh? :/
I guess it makes some people feel smarter about their decisions.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
A lot of the bottom and low will move up, a lot of the high and top will move down.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Why does nobody talk about Yoshi rising up? He has TEH PH1RE!

But seriously, Giving that his Matchups are above average (Even against the Top and High Tiers), and several techniques that make him stand out, why should he be in Low Tier?

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
The problem with Brawl that wasn't NEARLY as big of a problem on Melee is that virtually every bottom tier character has people saying "He doesn't suck, he shouldn't be there!" when once again, SOMEONE has to go on the bottom.

(And yes, being a Yoshi main, I'm just as guilty of this.)

Here are the characters that I think absolutely belong in the bottom tier:

-Peach
-Ganon
-Mario
-Falcon
-Jigglypuff

I feel the following characters are a lot more debatable, however:

-Link
-Yoshi
-Samus
-Sonic
-Ness
-Lucas
-Pokemon Trainer

All of these characters should form a low tier, as they all have marked advantages to bring to the table. I'm not saying that a person using Falcon or Ganon CAN'T win (in fact, I've played against players for every bottom tier character that have used them well). I'm saying they don't have anything special going for them to give them any sort of competitive edge, whereas the more debatable characters do.

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
Marth is fine where he is in my opinion. He doesn't scream broken like many of the Top Tiers (well, at least not anymore since Melee), and he is actually a very solid and balanced character. Top of High Tier is perfect and completely representative of Marth. If match-ups played a bigger part, I can see him moving into Top Tier though. He has the least amount of bad match-ups after Meta Knight (only 2, I believe).

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I would ask why you believe Peach and Mario belong in the absolute bottom. :o
Same question. Mario and Peach can go toe-to-toe with all of the high and some of the top tiers. Bottom-tier is ridiculous.
First of all, I'd like to thank you both for completely and totally CONFIRMING the very first thing I said on that post. Great job! :laugh:

Secondly, let's leave the anecdotal evidence out of this, Mystic. Just because I hear someone say that they beat a Meta Knight with their Ganondorf doesn't mean that Ganondorf is suddenly better than he is.

Remember what I just said. Just because someone is bottom tier doesn't mean they will automatically lose no matter what. That's not what I'm saying at all.

What I'm saying is that neither Peach nor Mario have any noteworthy strengths that overcome their significant weaknesses. They don't dominate in any particularly noteworthy matches, they don't have any exceptional stage picks, they don't have any great ATs that will turn a match in their favor.

In short, the bottom tier brings NOTHING to the table that isn't found better someplace else. Does that mean they will automatically lose against a high-tier character? No. It means that they're not as well-rounded competitively as anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom