• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corigames

Smash Hero
But seriously, Skill>Tiers
Personally, I'm against tiers because people who look at tiers to see where the main stands and then realize their main is at bottom would feel bad about themselves even though skill is the main factor of playing brawl.
Why can't I hate people to death?

Read what we use the tiers for before you say you are against them >_>

Skyflyer

Smash Journeyman
Top Tier
Metaknight
Mr. Game and Watch
Falco
R.O.B
Toon Link

High Tier
Snake
Marth
Diddy Kong
Wario
King Dedede
Lucario
Pit
Kirby
Olimar
Squirtle

Middle Tier

Donkey Kong
Pikachu
Zero Suit Samus
Luigi
Fox
Peach
Ivysaur
Sheik
Wolf
Charizard
Zelda
Ness
Ice Climbers

Low Tier

Ike
Mario
Bowser
Jigglypuff
Yoshi
Ganondorf
Lucas

Bottom Tier
Samus
Sonic
Captain Falcon
Link

that's my current vision of the list.. i think Sheik, Pit, and Jigglypuff will move up. and metaknight, toon link, snake, and wario will move down. it's still kinda early to say we know what the chars' potential is.. so we'll see.

also, i think link is definitely the worst. very slow, worst recovery, weak projectiles and NO glide toss.. lame lame lame.. definitely last place material
Snake is 6th best?

Were you drunk when you made this list?

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Oh, gee. Well I guess that I need to switch to Metaknight now... NOT! lol. Players take this list a little too seriously.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
WOW, I just realized I mained a character in each tier:)

I think C Falcon should be higher, not to much higher, but that's just me

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
One problem with all your conspiracy theories:

We didn't do this overnight, and we did this with multiple people.

So.... exactly how would this even occur?

[...]

But really guys.... relax. The Melee tier list is also created in this way. There is no conspiracy, and we don't hold back our reasoning on placements simply because we don't have them... there's just no reason to really explain them just for them to get shot down as well. Take it or leave it.
Idk, I guess that makes sense. It doesn't really matter. Yall made a list. There's really nothin to talk about. It's fine for the first one. Good job guys.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
As I look at the low tier I see so many characters with potential...

Good list btw, I'm not quite so sure that Bowser is middle of middle tier, but I guess he is like DDD who has his good match-ups and has his bad match-ups.

My negative comment would have to be the terrible job sectioning the tiers. Metaknight and Snake need a tier of their own. It doesn't make sense that you have Top, High, Middle, and Low. You can't say it's middle tier if it isn't in the middle. It should be Top, High, Middle, Low, and Bottom like it was in Melee.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
So this is how it goes in general:
People who main 'low tier' characters complain about the list
People with 'mid tier' or higher praise the list because their main is considered good.
People who main the 'higher tier' characters praise the list and call characters they know almost NOTHING about rubbish and give ridiculous and inaccurate description of their strengths and weaknesses and post statements not facts.

It's quite obvious this is biased and released to early. Seriously, it's only been over six months...

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
Oddly enough, nobody has talked about Pit or Zamus yet. And Ness is stuck in the shadow of Lucas discussions. Wario has my favorite final smash. If you put someone on a spring and keep using dair, they're stuck XD.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Oddly enough, nobody has talked about Pit or Zamus yet. And Ness is stuck in the shadow of Lucas discussions. Wario has my favorite final smash. If you put someone on a spring and keep using dair, they're stuck XD.
What does this have to do with FS???

He's got a point. I'm a proud Sonic, Yoshi, and Pokemon Trainer mainer. I can beat Metaknights and Snakes. But seriously, Skill>Tiers
We aren't idiots, we know that it takes skill to be good but saying a stupid comment like "I can beat them".
Doesn't mean that there far better then most characters. If 2 players of equal skill played against each other, one was a metaknight and another CF, there are higher chances that the Metaknight would win.

Understand something before posting....

MyNameIsRyan

Smash Journeyman
Well there's a tree... and.... uh i see a car... a
So this is how it goes in general:
People who main 'low tier' characters complain about the list
People with 'mid tier' or higher praise the list because their main is considered good.
People who main the 'higher tier' characters praise the list and call characters they know almost NOTHING about rubbish and give ridiculous and inaccurate description of their strengths and weaknesses and post statements not facts.

It's quite obvious this is biased and released to early. Seriously, it's only been over six months...
This man states the truth.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Meta Knight
Snake
King Dedede
Mr. Game & Watch
Falco
R.O.B.

High
Marth
Wario
Lucario
Donkey Kong
Diddy
Pikachu
Ice Climbers
Kirby
Pit
Wolf

Middle
Toon Link
Olimar
Fox
Zelda
Zero Suit Samus
Bowser
Luigi
Peach
Ike
Sheik

Low
Lucas
Ness
Mario
Pokémon Trainer
Samus
Yoshi
Sonic
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Link
Captain Falcon
Few things:

High Tier
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
I've got a horrible feeling this is going to cause HUGE debate.

Furthermore:

High Tier
Kirby

Mid Tier
Wolf
Something is horribly amiss here. Wolf should be slightly higher, while Kirby could take the Mid Road.

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
Something is horribly amiss here. Wolf should be slightly higher, while Kirby could take the Mid Road.
Both of them are in high tier.

Kirby Is probably higher than wolf due to kirby's better tournament results, and wolfs more blatant flaws. Kirby usually makes it back from the stage whenever he goes off it. >_>

smashbot226

Smash Master
Both of them are in high tier.

Kirby Is probably higher than wolf due to kirby's better tournament results, and wolfs more blatant flaws. Kirby usually makes it back from the stage whenever he goes off it. >_>
If he doesn't get K.O'd first.

No, really. Kirby is a lightweight, and still kind of weak, doesn't have a TRUE projectile unless copied from another, etc.

The only thing he has on Wolf is a better recovery.

And why do Tourney Results affect Tier Lists? These guys are too good for most users on this boards; shouldn't we, gee, I dunno, AVERAGE-UP the results?

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725

No, really. Kirby is a lightweight, and still kind of weak, doesn't have a TRUE projectile unless copied from another, etc.

And why do Tourney Results affect Tier Lists? These guys are too good for most users on this boards; shouldn't we, gee, I dunno, AVERAGE-UP the results?
no... because only pros can bring out the full potential of a character.... but, on the other hand... overplaying should be compensated for.... DDD is NOT as good as he appears... he's just really popular with a lot of pros... and Lucario gets Azen <_<

Zinc Elemental

Smash Journeyman
If you ask why a character is above/below a certain character:

That character is better/worse than the other character you mentioned as a whole.

If you disagree with me:

You are wrong.

>:[

But really guys.... relax. The Melee tier list is also created in this way. There is no conspiracy, and we don't hold back our reasoning on placements simply because we don't have them... there's just no reason to really explain them just for them to get shot down as well. Take it or leave it.
I trust the SBR, but you make it really hard when you refuse to share reasons because you're afraid people will disagree. Of course there will be people who disagree. People are disagreeing now. However, the people with some sense will actually listen to your reasons. If anything, people will aruge about what you said instead of whining "Oh noes! PT is low tier!" What's the problem with that? I should hope the SBR is self-conscious enough about this list that they'll start changing their mind if people disagree. Just put the reasons out there so people can see and discuss them. It can't hurt, and it will make a lot of people in this thread very happy.

If anything, people can at least make intelligent criticisms then. Right now, people have to argue based off of personal opinion because you haven't posted any reasons. Posting your reasons would give us something to go on.

You know what, Bowser might be as high as he is. You may well be right about that, and if you are, I'll accept it. However, right now, all you're doing is saying "Bowser is better than you think". Why can't you just say that and then add "because...".

I don't really see the harm in having people critcize your reasons. Plenty of people will be enlightened by them, and it's not like there's going to be any more arguement than there is already here. Besides, even if there was, why should the BR care if people on this thread disagree?

I apologize for the long post, but I really want to know your reasoning behind some of these just for my personal edification.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
no... because only pros can bring out the full potential of a character.... but, on the other hand... overplaying should be compensated for.... DDD is NOT as good as he appears... he's just really popular with a lot of pros... and Lucario gets Azen <_<
However, I think it's unanimous that DDD is the best heavy character. Is he Top 3 material? Maybe not. Should he be Upper-high to Top Tier? Yes.

And on the Kirby vs Wolf debate, Kirby has better recovery than Wolf among a few other small things, and Wolf is more powerful and is heavier, but I'd say it all depends on the player. If you want my opinion, they should both be high tier.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
lol noob lol

u r a ***

lol
This. Flamed for having an opinion outside the general one. Let me say this again. It's only been 7 months, all of them have a lot more potential. Everyone's playing at the highest level now, not the highest level there will be. No one should be taking this seriously. Come back in a year or so...

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I'm not surprised about Yoshi's placement. He has the Dragonic Reverse, but it hasn't been used in tournaments much because most of us are still trying to do it correctly. Just wait next year and you will see a change.

BTW, Snake is the best heavy character because according to M2K's list he is heavier than DDD and Charizard thus making him a member of the heavyweight class.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
congrats, you trolled a troll.
Congrats, you are a troll. *puts up do not feed sign*

Now back ON topic, is there any particular reason Shiek got such a downgrade from Melee? I don't really care for Shiek, but it was just interesting that he/she/it/eggplant took such a plunge.

Kenrawr

Smash Master

Kirby's fsmash is monstrous. His overB and Bair are also very strong and his spike is a helluva lot safer than Wolf's. He also has kirbycide and imo his small size can make him a bit of a difficult target at times.
On top of that he has his annoying little fthrow->uair->repeat combo that he can do on some characters.
I think Kirby deserves to be higher than Wolf. :p

DOGE

Smash Rookie
NOOOOOO LINK AND FALCON ARE BOTTOM!!!! :urg: They're my mains, but at least Dedede and Snake are high (my other mains).

nicaboy

Smash Champion
this game is more than blanced enough for you too win with anyone honestly its not like melee where if fox played mewtwo odds are fox would win i still think if i played link agaisnt metanight its still more than possible too win im not even brothering worrying about teirs for brawl the game is blanced unlike melee mvc2 etc

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
Now back ON topic, is there any particular reason Shiek got such a downgrade from Melee? I don't really care for Shiek, but it was just interesting that he/she/it/eggplant took such a plunge.
Trying to guess Sakurai's logic, eh? A brave soul...

Anyways, I think he tried to nerf some aspects of Sheik, trying to balance the roster from Melee into Brawl (yeah, that makes sense, with MK). There are many aspects that didn't need a hard nerf, none other than Sheik's dair.

Oh, and can people really stop complaining/post surprised posts about tier placement? It does not help with discussion (unless given reasoning), this is only 6 months into Brawl's metagame (a stab at the dark), and... who cares? See my location if you do not find these comments annoying.

Question: Is this tier list a combination of tournament results worldwide? I would like to chat with a BRoomer in more depth (if willing) about the establishment about this early tier list (prefer to use a messanger for conversation, which I have an account for all five of them).

This is my entertainment for the next eight days...

Edit:
this game is more than blanced enough for you too win with anyone honestly its not like melee where if fox played mewtwo odds are fox with i still think if i played link agaisnt metanight its still more than possible too win im not even brothering worrying about teirs for brawl the game is blanced unlike melee mvc2 etc
Don't you dare start a Melee vs Brawl in here, this thread is bad as is. If you want to debate about which is more balanced, I believe the Brawl Tactical Discussion has a thread for discussion, I just can't seem to find it.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I trust the SBR, but you make it really hard when you refuse to share reasons because you're afraid people will disagree. Of course there will be people who disagree. People are disagreeing now. However, the people with some sense will actually listen to your reasons. If anything, people will aruge about what you said instead of whining "Oh noes! PT is low tier!" What's the problem with that? I should hope the SBR is self-conscious enough about this list that they'll start changing their mind if people disagree. Just put the reasons out there so people can see and discuss them. It can't hurt, and it will make a lot of people in this thread very happy.

If anything, people can at least make intelligent criticisms then. Right now, people have to argue based off of personal opinion because you haven't posted any reasons. Posting your reasons would give us something to go on.

You know what, Bowser might be as high as he is. You may well be right about that, and if you are, I'll accept it. However, right now, all you're doing is saying "Bowser is better than you think". Why can't you just say that and then add "because...".

I don't really see the harm in having people critcize your reasons. Plenty of people will be enlightened by them, and it's not like there's going to be any more arguement than there is already here. Besides, even if there was, why should the BR care if people on this thread disagree?

I apologize for the long post, but I really want to know your reasoning behind some of these just for my personal edification.

It would take a lot of time, effort, and dedication... for nothing but the appeasement of a few. And others would still get angry.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
However, I think it's unanimous that DDD is the best heavy character. Is he Top 3 material? Maybe not. Should he be Upper-high to Top Tier? Yes.
Best heavy character?

I guess you forgot about snake.... and, in the opinion of many.... ROB... and in the opinion of some... even wario

AgentAO

Smash Journeyman
It would take a lot of time, effort, and dedication... for nothing but the appeasement of a few. And others would still get angry.
Why not just a tl;dr on the characters that people keeping getting confused/angry/emotionally hurt about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom