• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
I found a tier list I made when Brawl first came out. Feel free to LOL at it. I did.

Top:

Toon Link
Marth
Wolf
Pit
Olimar

High:

Sonic
Ike
Diddy Kong
Kirby
Fox
Falco
King Dedede
R.O.B
Lucas
Ivysaur
Ice Climbers

Middle:

Peach
Samus
Zelda
Squirtle
Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Snake
Yoshi
Meta Knight
Captain Falcon
Mr. Game & Watch
Pikachu
Ness

Low:

Zero Suit Samus
Donkey Kong
Charizard
Sheik
Jigglypuff
Wario
Ganondorf
Lucario

Frown

poekmon
I found a tier list I made when Brawl first came out. Feel free to LOL at it. I did.

Top:

Toon Link
Marth
Wolf
Pit
Olimar

High:

Sonic
Ike
Diddy Kong
Kirby
Fox
Falco
King Dedede
R.O.B
Lucas
Ivysaur

Middle:

Peach
Samus
Zelda
Squirtle
Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Snake
Yoshi
Meta Knight
Captain Falcon

Mr. Game & Watch
Pikachu
Ness

Low:

Zero Suit Samus
Charizard
Sheik
Jigglypuff
Wario
Ganondorf
Lucario
Priceless.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
imo the top of the tier list is starting to balance out, with ppl getting better, metaknight doesnt seem as broken anymore

just my opinion

Ravin

Smash Lord
imo the top of the tier list is starting to balance out, with ppl getting better, metaknight doesnt seem as broken anymore

just my opinion
Watch what you say, a few people might slit their throats hearing you say that.

But I agree.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol people will always overreact

but yeah it could also be that the issue has been argued so much that i don't realize how much dominance mk has over the rest

OR IT COULD BE that the issue was so overblown that mk was never really as good as people made him out to be :p people who are good at the game and have tried out everyone in the entire cast can realize that mk takes a lot of effort and skill to play well, and when played well he might be the best character, but not by THAT much

Ravin

Smash Lord
lol people will always overreact

but yeah it could also be that the issue has been argued so much that i don't realize how much dominance mk has over the rest

OR IT COULD BE that the issue was so overblown that mk was never really as good as people made him out to be :p people who are good at the game and have tried out everyone in the entire cast can realize that mk takes a lot of effort and skill to play well, and when played well he might be the best character, but not by THAT much
Thats a big COULD BE.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
I agree with Chok.
People have just been hard at work to work on their metagame, and having metagame to beat Metaknight.
I have a feeling, that once someone(Besides Reflex), gets really good with all 3 of PT's pokemon, he'll raise up, possibly Samus, but iunno.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Really?

In all seriousness though, I agree that Meta Knight isn't broken, he's just really good. There is a difference. He definitely isn't a pick up and play ownage machine, I can testify to that. I think we should just let the puffball be, the metagame will evolve, and he won't be the indestructable force people make him out to be. This all reminds me too well of Melee Sheik...

wangston

Smash Lord
Yeah there is no doubt meta is the best character in the game. But he isn't an instant win button nor is he so broken he needs to be banned. We all just got a cause of meta knight fever. He is still a tough one to fight but he isn't unbeatable you just have to play your best.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
In any case Top Tier will stay pretty much intact imo. I expect a fair bit of shifting in the rest of the list though, the metagame has developped quite a bit. Still, it matters not, let's just play the game and leave the BRoomers in peace, and then flame them for their new list. "Zomg you cantz play Br4wl m3w2 has gr4bz!"

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
imo

marth is gonna move up to top.

g&w is gonna move down but not by much

olimar, toon link, peach, diddy will all go up. diddy may go behind or above wario.

falco stay where he is, rob move down, maybe just switching places with marth.

mk will have his own tier.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
i expect diddy, peach, ROB, wario, Fox, yoshi, and wolf to be making some big moves.
Okay here I go.

Diddy will move up
Peach will move up
Rob will move down
Wario will move down
Fox will move down
Wolf will move... Where?
Yoshi will move up

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i just started playing as shiek and i find switching from shiek to zelda for kills is very useful and i don't feel using these characters in this way is represented on this tier list. Since you are not forced to switch during the match but some might do so i feel that shiek,zelda, and zelda/shiek should each have a spot on the tier list since using just one or both of them together is a viable strategy.

Now if you want to argue that they did not do this in melee so why do it in brawl i would say using both is far more useful in brawl then it was in melee and not everything that was done for melee still makes sense for brawl.

So in conclusion feel on the next tier list there should not only be a spot of both shiek and zelda but also a spot for them as one character.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I can see alot of people making a leap. I wouldn't be shocked if only 1 or 2 characters fell. Personally I think Captain Falcon...maybe Yoshi are the only ones that are almost surely going to stay. Actually sonic may even leave to make Captain Falcon the single worse character on the game....of course this is only in terms of regular brawl. I'm not sure what the list would look like for Brawl+. Any Ideas?

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
There's a lot of very... let's say "puzzling" things about your post, Spam. Perhaps the most confusing, though, is that you'd even compare Sonic to Falcon.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
There's a lot of very... let's say "puzzling" things about your post, Spam. Perhaps the most confusing, though, is that you'd even compare Sonic to Falcon.
Not sure what your confused about. Last I heard Sonic and Falcon where in the same tier. However Sonic has good enough moves that he could get up a tier. However I just don't see Captain going anywhere.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
But why single out Sonic and Yoshi in particular? They're both way better off than Falcon. Even people that HATE those characters acknowledge that.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
But why single out Sonic and Yoshi in particular? They're both way better off than Falcon. Even people that HATE those characters acknowledge that.
I Didn't single them out on purpose. They where the only other low tiers that came to mind. I do think Yoshi is decent but at a Major disadvantage as far as recovery goes. Ive played a good Yoshi before though.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
And his bair gives him great horizontal aerial mobility. Of course after getting ***** several times by Orion's Yoshi, I'd have worked that out by now.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Okay here I go.

Diddy will move up
Peach will move up
Rob will move down
Wario will move down
Fox will move down
Wolf will move... Where?
Yoshi will move up
I think wolf will go down.
HOLY ****

i just came...
Basically what I'm getting at is I could see everyone else leaving the low tier but Captain Falcon. Unless you have Brawl+
well ignoring brawl +, basically the way i see it is that low tier should be broken up into low and bottom tier. and bottom tier should prbably consist of CF, ganon, link and jiggz, while the rest of what is now low tier + acouple others should be low tier.
I Didn't single them out on purpose. They where the only other low tiers that came to mind. I do think Yoshi is decent but at a Major disadvantage as far as recovery goes. Ive played a good Yoshi before though.
i was about to get upset, but if sonic was the only low tier you could think of off the top of your head, than its not a big deal
Yoshi actually has a decent, hard to gimp recovery.
every one except link is hard to gimp in this game.

but yoshis recovery is average, its just odd. its not like its better than the characters with multi jumps and a basic up b like kirby or something, but its not bad. Its just hard to understand and weird to work with.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
I think wolf will go down.

HOLY ****

i just came...

well ignoring brawl +, basically the way i see it is that low tier should be broken up into low and bottom tier. and bottom tier should prbably consist of CF, ganon, link and jiggz, while the rest of what is now low tier + acouple others should be low tier.

i was about to get upset, but if sonic was the only low tier you could think of off the top of your head, than its not a big deal

every one except link is hard to gimp in this game.

but yoshis recovery is average, its just odd. its not like its better than the characters with multi jumps and a basic up b like kirby or something, but its not bad. Its just hard to understand and weird to work with.
Tether recoveries are easy to gimp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom