• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
^^^ that is because having a fast, fast-fall, is better than weight, when trying to survive from dying off the top.

And chu, if your going to put lucas'ftilt in that list of "good" moves, you might as well put ness' aswell. Its just as useful.

Powershield->anything, it's also easy to PS. It's pretty easy to punish IMO.
Unexpected > powershield > anything.

I don't know about Lucas, but I'm pretty sure that I have been at max distance for Ness's PK Fire with Zelda, reacted to the start up, evaded the attack, and lightning kicked. I do this fairly consistently... with Zelda. It's seriously that punishable on the ground. It should be used defensively unless your opponent is in lag and can't punish it like that.
Which relates back to what I was being reserved about before. PK fire is decent spacing tool that has it's uses, but it's not the best. Generally, if you know an attack is coming, and you start charging after your opponent you can pretty much counter it. That usually beats out most spacing methods easily. But again, if you aren't predicting it, or see it coming, than it's a useful spacing tool as it can hit people at a distance.

For Lucas, I believe he can perform his PK fire from a SH so that it repels him backwards a bit. So in Lucas's case, if started at a distance and ends at a distance it's a useful spacing method.

SuSa

Banned via Administration

Snake's Utilt > Lucas's Pk Fire

It triggers it, and we don't get hit, and it cancels our Utilt meaning we can follow up with anything. Including ftilt. Which is better then our OoS options.

EAT THAT.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546

Snake's Utilt > Lucas's Pk Fire

It triggers it, and we don't get hit, and it cancels our Utilt meaning we can follow up with anything. Including ftilt. Which is better then our OoS options.

EAT THAT.
Isn't FTilt an OoS option?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Unexpected > powershield > anything.
PK fire is only gonna be unexpected to a complete nub, like all projectiles it takes a LONG time to come out, and that gives use plenty of time to react to it by shielding at the right time.

Only if you refuse to believe that opponent used pk fire for (I think) half a second, you've gotta be amazingly bad at smash.

If you thought I was saying "powershield is greater then anything"...

It was "Powershield->anything" not "Powershield>anything"

"->" is an arrow, it means "to" as in "powershield to anything" which is written as "Powershield->anything".

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Yes, but isn't shield dropping 7 frames? So if Utilt cancels the PK fire, then lucas is still in is ending lag, and we can react 7 frames faster than before. I think that is what SuSa was getting at.
I find that very funny. SuSa doesn't consider Snake's FTilt (4 frames) an OoS option, and yet I remember him calling Ganon's jab (9 frames) one.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I find that very funny. SuSa doesn't consider Snake's FTilt (4 frames) an OoS option, and yet I remember him calling Ganon's jab (9 frames) one.
But snake has uptilt, he has no reason to use ftilt.

Ganon on the other hand... well that's the closest thing to an OOS option he has.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
But snake has uptilt, he has no reason to use uptilt.

Ganon on the other hand... well that's the closest thing to an OOS option he has.
That may be true, but that still isn't a reason to call it an OoS option. Ganon's grab is his only OoS option, since it doesn't get shied drop lag, and 7 frames start-up isn't that bad. Though, It's too bad it has the worst range amongst all other grabs.

That may be true, but that still isn't a reason to call is an OoS option. Ganon's grab is his only OoS option, since it doesn't get shied drop lag, and 7 frames start-up isn't that bad. Though, It's too bad it has the worst range amongst all other grabs.
What were the frames of ganon's jumping animation? Might his Nair, Bair or Uair be a somewhat decent option apart from the jab and grab? Or are his aerials just as slow as his other attacks?

SuSa

Banned via Administration
The problem with OoS ftilt is spacing. It won't hit a properly spaced PK Fire (the only time your opponent should be using it is when spaced well anyways) but if you utilt, you can still punish because there is less lag for you AFAIK*.... it seems be sight, and since I've been able to punish Lucas for doing so. The thing is for Lucas's PK Fire to not hit Snake, you need freakishly good timing... so more often then not I'd like to powershield. :p I was sort of joking about the up tilt thing... sorta. I do use it, but I do not prefer it.

*Needs to be frame tested, which is what I'm going to be doing very, very soon... once my friend drops off my Wiimote I left at his house. -_-

aeghrur

Smash Champion
That may be true, but that still isn't a reason to call is an OoS option. Ganon's grab is his only OoS option, since it doesn't get shied drop lag, and 7 frames start-up isn't that bad. Though, It's too bad it has the worst range amongst all other grabs.
I thought Sonic had the worst grab range. =/

:093:

justaway12

Smash Master
Well, to save everyone the trouble, here it is:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7521393#post7521393

Tether Grabs (Grabs disjointed from the character)
1.Olimars Blue Pikmin 10.1
2.Olimars White Pikmin 10.0
3.ZSS 9.75
Olimars Red Pikmin 9.75
5.Olimars Yellow Pikmin 9.6
6.Samus 9.2- 4 (I couldnt really tell so I took the range)
7.Link 8.25
8. Olimars Purple Pikmin 7.5
9. Lucas 7.25
10. Toon Link 7
11. Yoshi 6.75
12. Ivysaur 6.1

Non-tether grabs
*Note: None of these characters grabs were longer than the tether-grabbers although DDD came very close to surpassing Ivysaur.

13. DDD 6
14.Charzard 5.5
15. Zelda 5.3
16. Donkey Kong 5.1
17. Squirtle 5
18. Marth 4.75
Diddy 4.75
Snake 4.75
21. Kirby 4.5
ROB 4.5
23. Peach 4.25
Fox 4.25
Falco 4.25
Ness 4.25
27. Wario 4.1
28.Bowser 4
Pit 4
MK 4
Jigglypuff 4
Ike 4
Sonic 4
34. Pika 3.9
Sheik 3.9
36. Lucario 3.75
37.Wolf 3.5
ICs 3.5
Mario 3.5
Luigi 3.5
G&W 3.5
42. Captain Falcon 3.25
43. Ganon 2.75
Ganon's is the worst. This is where I got my statistics, hope it helps.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Oh?

Jigglypuff has a stupid long grab range, to compare her to Sonic's is just crazy.

I find that hard to believe, but if that IS right, then I can't really argue...

Is there no other resource?

Thank you for going through the trouble though.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Edit: Can't search for some reason, unless someone else posts something else up, that's all you have
Glad to see I'm not the only one having problems.

Its accurate, its because Sonic's grab extends a little further than it appears.
Okay then, good to know.

Even if I was a little bit off, I was right when I said he was the 31st best grab-range... since he ties with a buncha other chars. :D

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Weegee is a beast when he is, though like many other characters suffer hard from counters.

Yep, that's true. I say he's upper mid at best. He's an above average mid tier. I sorta though he could be dead bottom of the high, but the more I learn about him lately, the more I learn it isn't happening :ohwell:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Marth's F-smash is an OOS option, it's just not a particularly good one.

Realistically, because Brawl offers so little shield stun, 17 frames DOES punish a lot of stuff, so it is an OOS option. Snake just has better.

thanortinzak

Smash Apprentice
Chaingrab, good projectile (useful for blocking other projectiles, plus Gordos can KO), great killing power, strong, amazing Up-tilt and Back-Air (arguably the best in the air), furthest reaching f-tilt in the game, speedy D-tilt, great aerials, most damaging grabs in the game.

I don't mean he's better than Metaknight, I'm just saying he should be like one or two spots higher.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Chaingrab, good projectile (useful for blocking other projectiles, plus Gordos can KO), great killing power, strong, amazing Up-tilt and Back-Air (arguably the best in the air), furthest reaching f-tilt in the game, speedy D-tilt, great aerials, most damaging grabs in the game.

I don't mean he's better than Metaknight, I'm just saying he should be like one or two spots higher.
He was originally third.

He's in S Tier. You can't get much higher than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom