• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I think Ganon might drop to worst character. Falcon has better match ups in the end.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not an expert on either character, but I thought ALL of Falcon's MUs were disadvantageous, while Ganon had a couple going even...? D:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
What advantageous matchups...does falcon have?
Its that Ganon has some very hardcore **** MU. He has 10 match ups worse than 30:70 (And Pikachu might become worse) Where as Falcon manages to do better in those match ups. So in a sense, Falcon does better than Ganon.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Yes, even falcon dittos are 40-60. :psycho:
LOL!

I never count MUs with the same character. :p

Besides, as far as I know, Ganon has like 2 or 3 MUs in the Top/High Tier sections which only go 40:60 for him (G&W is the one I can think of right now), while Falcon's are all disastrous.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
LOL!

I never count MUs with the same character. :p

Besides, as far as I know, Ganon has like 2 or 3 MUs in the Top/High Tier sections which only go 40:60 for him (G&W is the one I can think of right now), while Falcon's are all disastrous.
Falcon can at least guarantee a punch. Legit inescapable style at that. Works up to like 50% by forcing the opponent into the getup animation with his Bair. Depending on the stage or character, that is a VERY early kill. And he does have a few setups to pull it off too, none of which are so situational that it won't happen. Until now the situations where it would have worked were just used to toss in a Nair or Uair to work into another string because we didn't know about it.

I really cannot see how Falcon can be worse that Dorf. Each character is bad, don't get me wrong on that one, but Falcon has legit combos. People probably just don't bother to keep up with what he can do; really why would you bother when he is the lowest ranked currently. His grab game is great. His jab is fast, and can combo into a grab which leads to other strings, his grab release game, or other strings. His Nair can combo into his jab, which then combos into his grab. He has a lot of stuff he can do. Are his options good? Not compared to the rest of the cast, but definitely better than Dorf.

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
Falcon can at least guarantee a punch. Legit inescapable style at that. Works up to like 50% by forcing the opponent into the getup animation with his Bair. Depending on the stage or character, that is a VERY early kill. And he does have a few setups to pull it off too, none of which are so situational that it won't happen. Until now the situations where it would have worked were just used to toss in a Nair or Uair to work into another string because we didn't know about it.

I really cannot see how Falcon can be worse that Dorf. Each character is bad, don't get me wrong on that one, but Falcon has legit combos. People probably just don't bother to keep up with what he can do; really why would you bother when he is the lowest ranked currently. His grab game is great. His jab is fast, and can combo into a grab which leads to other strings, his grab release game, or other strings. His Nair can combo into his jab, which then combos into his grab. He has a lot of stuff he can do. Are his options good? Not compared to the rest of the cast, but definitely better than Dorf.
Ganondorf haz the flamechoke and Dtilt <<
>>
<.<
>.>

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
no lol, I use olimar too and the ease at which i can win vs people i go even against with any other character is no coincidence. olimar has always been one of the best chars. Olimar is ridiculously hard to fight against for everyone. Read any boards matchup discussions... they all talk abot how olimar is so much harder than currently perceived and boards which claim a heavy advantage over olimar are under the assumption olimar cant jump and is only limited to standing in place and getting owned by aerials lol
If you play with people that don't know how to fight Olimar, then yeah. He's pretty ****. You'll win against most people like that.

He's not third best though. That's almost funny.

I have witness Peaches losing to Olimars... so yea Olimar is pretty ****.
I've two stocked Peachs before. It just means I know the matchup well and they don't.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
If you play with people that don't know how to fight Olimar, then yeah. He's pretty ****. You'll win against most people like that.

He's not third best though. That's almost funny.

I've two stocked Peachs before. It just means I know the matchup well and they don't.
I love your signature.
I have to use that next time someone johns :p

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
And, as the previous posters said, Ganon has the chainchoke, a very deadly tool, the DTilt, the almost lethal Jab, as well a surprisingly good aerial game - at least for a character like him. His power is higher than Falcon's, and the fact he's one of the heaviest characters in the game doesn't really hurt, either.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Ganon is good. By all means, Ganon sucks balls, and that a lot, but I don't think one could say Falcon is sooooo much better, if at all. I personally think Ganon, Falcon and Jigglypuff are pretty much tied for being the worst characters in Brawl, as the "viability gap" in between those 3 and Link, the next one up, is bigger than in between them.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
IMO Ganon gets ***** harder from his lack approach and speed. Falcon has speed to approach better than Ganon.

Just there are times when Ganon can approach, then he does better since he has better damage racking abilities than Falcon.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Exactly how does that make him better?
The moves that make Ganon playable: Upair, Warlock Kick, Choke, Dair, Fsmash, Ftilt, Dtilt.
Don't forget USmash, that's occasionally very useful, too. :x

IMO Ganon gets ***** harder from his lack approach and speed. Falcon has speed to approach better than Ganon.

Just there are times when Ganon can approach, then he does better since he has better damage racking abilities than Falcon.
Of course. But Falcon lacks one thing Ganon has though: Priority. Power, too, but MAINLY priority. It isn't really funny playing as Falcon if many low priority moves of other characters can even go through Falcon's highest priorities.

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
Exactly how does that make him better?
The moves that make Ganon playable: Upair, Warlock Kick, Choke, Dair, Fsmash, Ftilt, Dtilt.
Straked, you now are an official "donkey".
:)

Make us proud.

But seriously, 4 hits =death agaist Ganon.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Don't forget USmash, that's occasionally very useful, too. :x

Of course. But Falcon lacks one thing Ganon has though: Priority. Power, too, but MAINLY priority. It isn't really funny playing as Falcon if many low priority moves of other characters can even go through Falcon's highest priorities.
And of course, ganon is one of the few characters who actually has a move that gives out hitstun :x
Dair is too good.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
when i said damaging racking, i was implying Falcon has a hard time dealing damage cause of his low priority.

Basically, Ganon can't approach but Falcon can't deal damage.

EDIT : I think Ganon's inability to approach hurts him harder than Falcon's inability to damage. Of course having one and not the other is suicide either way.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
when i said damaging racking, i was implying Falcon has a hard time dealing damage.

Basically, Ganon can't approach but Falcon can't deal damage.
Ah. Okay. Got'cha.

And yes, both a very very bad characters and lack both abilities they would need to be better. Alas, they don't have anything really going for them. :X

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Ganon doesn't even know how to use the sword. He picks it up and just stares with a goofy look on his face.

IsmashedYOURmom

Smash Apprentice
ya know...i'm shocked. How is pit not winning tournaments? In all honesty I have the hardest time beating Pit out of anyone else! It's all good though. My main is IC, and I like for my main to be as low as possible on the grading scale!

Low tiers FTW!!

.Marik

is a social misfit
ya know...i'm shocked. How is pit not winning tournaments? In all honesty I have the hardest time beating Pit out of anyone else! It's all good though. My main is IC, and I like for my main to be as low as possible on the grading scale!

Low tiers FTW!!
Ice Climbers are High-Tier...

Guess you're speaking on two seperate notes then.

Because nobody likes Pit. Let alone places with him. People don't usually main a character they dislike. And there's only a few real Pit mainers around SmashBoards.

This made my day.
It was nice, but nothing extraordinary. It was just simply a Dair Spike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom