• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Gas > Bucket when it come's to useful killing moves, but that doesn't matter much about Wario being higher than Mr. Game & Watch, if Wario didn't have more bad match up's as he does now, then he would be in top tier or A tier. D=

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
My point: The sheer number of G&W players overshadow Wario.
And?
That only means there's more Warios out there that do well.
He's always had the tools to win, people just jump on any character with overwhelming advantages, like strong, spammable smash attacks, high priority aerials, and good recoveries.

People look down on Wario for this, and he doesn't get as many players. Thus less tournament representation. Game and Watch is arguably the better character. I'm still convinced Wario's above him, though.

I think Wario's only beaten by Game and Watch because he doesn't kill as easy as Game and Watch. His aerials are his main damaging moves that set you up for his finishers. Fsmash, ftilt, waft, and upair are his main kill moves, and they're not exactly easy to land when playing certain characters.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Gas > Bucket when it come's to useful killing moves, but that doesn't matter much about Wario being higher than Mr. Game & Watch, if Wario didn't have more bad match up's as he does now, then he would be in top tier or A tier. D=
What bad matchups? GW has more bad matchups than Wario does. Especially amongst the top tiers.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I think Wario's only beaten by Game and Watch because he doesn't kill as easy as Game and Watch
G&W actually struggles getting KOs since his only really reliable finisher is his Fair. Wario's fsmash gets him earlier kills than G&W ever does.

G&W high range and long lasting hitboxes that don't allow Wario inside (including his finisher, Fair, which is in the air where Wario always is) are the reason that match up is in G&W's favor. Wario's aerial mobility means nothing if he can't go anywhere :\

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
What bad matchups? GW has more bad matchups than Wario does. Especially amongst the top tiers.
Really? Well then again, I haven't been messing with Mr. Game & Watch for a while. I'll take your word for it, as for me, I'm going to find out about his bad match up's later.

D

Deleted member

According to the G&W and Wario boards, Wario has 7 bad matchups and G&W has 4. Unfortunately, G&W's weaknesses are to high tiers, as you stated.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Fair as his only finisher? Are you serious?
Every smash kills earlier than Wario's fsmash ever will. Dthrow > Dsmash for certain characters is almost guranteed. Wario still struggles more than Game and Watch.

D

Deleted member

Wario also struggles against some high tiers such as
-D3
-Marth

arguably
-G&W
-Falco
-MK

BentoBox

Smash Master
Wario was JUST discussed on the GW forums and the consensus came down to a flat 50:50. He goes even With MK. Falco vs Wario is a 55:45, Falco's adv. D3 is debatable; 50:50 if wario is camping in the air the whole game. (which is how the current top warios beat down D3s).

Marth is his worst match-up, at 60:40.

GW has solid hard counters, 70/30/65:35 (marth, snake) and loses 60:40 to diddy and MK.

Even if you counted D3 has a bad match-up for Wario, he still does way better than GW.

Everybody knows GW is dropping in the next tier list.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Fair as his only finisher? Are you serious?
Every smash kills earlier than Wario's fsmash ever will. Dthrow > Dsmash for certain characters is almost guranteed. Wario still struggles more than Game and Watch.
Fsmash and Usmash aren't good finishers. Waft kills more often than those 2 combine and at lower %. Wario's fsmash is garuanteed out of a Dair a lot of the time. Dair is easy to land too.

Wario also struggles against some high tiers such as
-D3
-Marth

arguably
-G&W
-Falco
-MK
Everyone has trouble with MK at least a bit. I don't know why we still list him XD

Sucks that the top 2 are REALLY bad for G&W though. :(

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Bowser are WAYYY too high, liiiiiiiikkkeee WTF were you thinking?
Wait... what? Bowser is a great character. He goes even against MK, Falco and Wario, and most of his MUs against the other Top Tier characters are only 40:60, except De3 when Infinites are allowed. x.x
I mean... Oh wait. *looks at main icon.* But of course. You're not a Bowser player. It's only logical you jump to that assumption, thinking he's a fat big turtle who's too slow for anything. =/

Umby

Smash Master
dude shut up. anyways pit can move up atleast 1 or 2 spots falcon all the way to the to top of of his tier because i know for a fact his moves are better than ganons
You'd really have to convince me that 3 of Falcon's moves altogether are better than Flame Choke in overall utility.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I think I died of laughter seeing Ike in dead last on that dude's tier list. XD

And I say Falcon > Ganon. Better match-ups (slightly), and better tournament results (by a lot). And a ground move that actually comes out quick (lol at the speed of Ganon's jab)

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
You do know that the only reason Falcon even has tourney results is because-

...Actually no, why don't you be the one to enlighten me? I would think by now that Ally's results would've been outdated and by now Falcon would be in the right spot he deserves, so... yeah...

"I'm waaaiiiiiitiiiiiiinguh!"

woody72691

Smash Ace
ok?? falcon was treated wrong but with a few more ATs he'll be back in the running like in melee.

anyways who was the one said ike is dead last. ike is okay his spike dair is messed up cause u have to hit in a good spot in order to spike

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
You do know that the only reason Falcon even has tourney results is because-

...Actually no, why don't you be the one to enlighten me? I would think by now that Ally's results would've been outdated and by now Falcon would be in the right spot he deserves, so... yeah...

"I'm waaaiiiiiitiiiiiiinguh!"
Falcon has gotten more results besides what Ally put up. >_>

Sure, soon the distance won't be as much, but I'm near positive Falcon will stay ahead of Ganon in results. IIRC, he has been for a while now.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Just name me one person who isn't Ally who places with Falcon in a decently sized tourney with decent players, and you'll convince me.

I need referrals man, where you at? XD

Though if you want my opinion, Jiggs/Falcon/Ganon are all equally bad and should share the bottom spot.

They all got some things going for them and yeah, but they still get wrecked...

...Son.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
>_> I may not have decent sided tournament proof, but it's better then Ganondorf's no longer existent placings ever since that one dude stopped using him.

I'll dig through the character ranking list, though it's going to take a while due to the large amount of Sonic spam.

EDIT: Screw it, not searching through 100s of pages for one of 6ish results. >_>

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Is just one person, that can't be hard to dig through all the Sonic Spam Steak. Hahahaha!

A N D R E

Smash Cadet
After playing for the first time in a long time yesterday, I'm going to say yet again something that I believe in so strongly:

Any character is viable and can be great!

This is choknater btw

I ***** with Ganon and Falcon and Lucas and Sonic yesterday, haha.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Falcon has gotten more results besides what Ally put up. >_>

Sure, soon the distance won't be as much, but I'm near positive Falcon will stay ahead of Ganon in results. IIRC, he has been for a while now.
Ally hasn't really put up results. He uses Falcon for fun, Snake is the character that gets him anywhere.

Just name me one person who isn't Ally who places with Falcon in a decently sized tourney with decent players, and you'll convince me.

Though if you want my opinion, Jiggs/Falcon/Ganon are all equally bad and should share the bottom spot.

...Son.
There are about 10 that actually use Falcon and place better than Ally while actually USING Falcon and not Snake. lol

Rebaz. There, you get one. XD

>_> I may not have decent sided tournament proof, but it's better then Ganondorf's no longer existent placings ever since that one dude stopped using him.

I'll dig through the character ranking list, though it's going to take a while due to the large amount of Sonic spam.

EDIT: Screw it, not searching through 100s of pages for one of 6ish results. >_>
By that one dude do you mean Sliq? lol

There might not be many placing Ganons but since he moved on, there are Ganon's that are way better than he ever was. He dropped Ganon because someone was better than him with Ganon and he then became the best Bowser.

Look up Koskinator. There, you get only one too. XD

btw, it was my list that had Ike dead last. :p

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
You probably have to be over 9,000!!!!!!! times more better than your opponents though if you want to make one bad character viable though.

I guess it would be better to say some characters are "more viable" than it would be to say some are not at all.

Also Chok what's with the new account?

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot all about Rebaz.

Kay.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
No he won't woody. AT's don't make a character good. Look at Link or Sonic, they have a ****load of AT's but they still aren't very good.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I just also want to say how MK has very little ATs, and look where he is.

Mach FTilt and Glide-Attack cancel (if these are even considered ATs) are minor, and IDc is banned, and anybody is free to inform me of anything MK might have that could consider an AT.

Vorguen

Smash Champion

...Son.
I don't know, Jiggly has epic shield breaking tactics... on her own shield.

A N D R E

Smash Cadet
You probably have to be over 9,000!!!!!!! times more better than your opponents though if you want to make one bad character viable though.

I guess it would be better to say some characters are "more viable" than it would be to say some are not at all.

Also Chok what's with the new account?

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot all about Rebaz.

Kay.
I'm trying to start off with a clean slate since the mods hated me so much. It's not like they will stop hating me, but I don't want them to mess with this account as I try to post. After they took away my post count, I started posting properly for a long time but they still won't change it back.

Anyway, of course I believe that MK and Snake and stuff are dominant for a reason, but too many people play with RESTRICTIONS in their mind instead of FREEDOMS. Of course Lucas vs MK is a bad matchup, but it's better to go in the match and be creative, be innovative, and do your best instead of going in without the confidence to beat MK.

Kage Me

Smash Ace
Most bad characters can be used as counterpicks, or to exploit match-up inexperience.

Or, in the case of Captain Falcon, to Falcon Punch stuff.

A N D R E

Smash Cadet
Man, Falcon is not that bad lmao. He IS kinda fast.... sorta. He has plenty of options as long as you know what you're doing. And so does Ganon. You just have to concentrate really hard.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Low tiers, used as legit counterpicks?!

This is madness!!

...Erm... okay but seriously now, how is it possible that a low tier character might have a considerably better matchup than somebody whose a/ny number of position/s higher than them? (Remember they are put down as low tier for a reason, and a 5 point difference will not count BTW)

I cannot think of a time where using Sonic as a counterpick character for example would be better than somebody as say... oh I dunno Marth. The few characters who he actually DOES have an advantage on are 55:45 or 6:4 if you really want to push it.

I chose Marth because a lot of people agree that he is the magnetic north as Sonic is the magnetic south. By this I mean Marth only has few bad matchups, Sonic only has a few good matchups, and Marth has a lot of neutral/slightly advanteged matchups whereas Sonic has a lot of neutral/slightly disadvanteged matchups, and then you have Sonic who on a universal agreement only gets hard-countered by a couple of characters (again, this isn't accepted by everybody) while Marth only ***** a few dozen (maybe) characters such as the Captain or the King (Falcon/Ganon).

A N D R E

Smash Cadet
Yeah, you're probably right, but I kinda enjoy having sentimental connection to a character and using that character no matter what. I guess it can be a tough battle though for low tier mainers, since yes obviously characters have their limits (good thing i have like 6 or 7 mains that i use equally LOL)

A N D R E

Smash Cadet
I think ROB lacks priority and speed in a lot of his moves which kinda limits him, but he's definitely a solid choice

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Most bad characters can be used as counterpicks, or to exploit match-up inexperience.

Or, in the case of Captain Falcon, to Falcon Punch and knee stuff.
You forgot the knee of justice. Blasphemy.

I agree with the point that low tiers can be used as specific counters. For example, take someone like me who mains Bowser. Against Triple D with his infinite, the matchup is "LOL." However, if I seconded Zelda, who has a good matchup vs him, I would be able to handle it. So if someone were to main primarily low-tier characters, they could theoretically have a plan for any high-tier matchup. Now granted, they would need more than two characters. However, I think it can be a very good strategy if implemented correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom