• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Play With Items

Smash Rookie
I hardly had influence on the position of the characters.

How I love scrubbies. ^_^
I guaranteed you're just some random bad who thinks he is good at this game because he plays some scrub character like Metaknight.

I can destroy you any day, even on a garbage map like final destination.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
*sigh.* Reported.

So, yeah.

I have no empirical evidence to validate my claims, but I have a strong feeling that Dedede is going to be bumped down a couple of notches. Lotta people are coming up with ways to deal with him it seems.

Smooth Criminal

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
*sigh.* Reported.

So, yeah.

I have no empirical evidence to validate my claims, but I have a strong feeling that Dedede is going to be bumped down a couple of notches. Lotta people are coming up with ways to deal with him it seems.

Smooth Criminal

i have to agree here some what.

Despite DDD's heavy weight, good Off stage game and chain grab game, people are finding ways around. Altho, as people are finding ways, thus the tech chasing game comes into play, which we have seen already start to make its way into gameplay.

i dont really think DDD will move so much that other characters will pass him because of recent discoveries.

Frown

poekmon
Blah blah blah blah.

Bowser is better than Yoshi. Range, weight, Koopa Klaw, dtilt, bair and fair as edgeguarders.

EDIT: WTF? I just read and replied to the discussion on page 285. Sorry.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Blah blah blah blah.

Bowser is better than Yoshi. Range, weight, Koopa Klaw, dtilt, bair and fair as edgeguarders.

EDIT: WTF? I just read and replied to the discussion on page 285. Sorry.
This made me laugh so hard.

bigman40

Smash Master
The only way you could list it out is by doing them via 2 (Squirtle + Ivy, Squirtle + Charizard, etc.), but even then, that's alot to do for just one character as a whole.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
As much as I would love to see Falcon rise above Ganon, Falcon will stay dead last.
IDK why, at least Falcon can try to dodge and isn't a target that can't get an attack out to save his life
don't worry, next time around (aka next game) Falcon will probably be were he was in Melee, or at least close

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
IDK why, at least Falcon can try to dodge and isn't a target that can't get an attack out to save his life
I dunno, attacks like Ganon's Jab are pretty fast. I doubt Ganondorf will just stand there and not be able to do anything. I've seen Ganondorf players do some weird ****.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
I dunno, attacks like Ganon's Jab are pretty fast. I doubt Ganondorf will just stand there and not be able to do anything. I've seen Ganondorf players do some weird ****.
i guess, but spamming pit or falco, or any projectile is worse for gannon that falcon

warknit5

Smash Rookie
:personaly i think this is just ******** but i may be wrong what i mean is for instince captin falcon is a great character I MEAN HAVE YOU SEEN WHAT A FALCON PUNCH DOES!!!! but that depends if your good with captin falcon if your good with him hes AWSOME if you suck he suck......but why the hell would meta night be first i mean a character that can spam its *** off and most of its B moves can kill him self if you dont know what your doing it would probably make more sence if snake was first idk im just blowin off steam i just dont like this list

Ranor469

Smash Apprentice
:personaly i think this is just ******** but i may be wrong what i mean is for instince captin falcon is a great character I MEAN HAVE YOU SEEN WHAT A FALCON PUNCH DOES!!!! but that depends if your good with captin falcon if your good with him hes AWSOME if you suck he suck......but why the hell would meta night be first i mean a character that can spam its *** off and most of its B moves can kill him self if you dont know what your doing it would probably make more sence if snake was first idk im just blowin off steam i just dont like this list
...... I don't even know what to say.

Smash Rookie

LOL

Give this guy an award or somthing.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
uh..............
i know there were already a lot of responses, but uh....
any character is good/sucky if the one using them is good or bad enough
CF isn't great at all, better than Gannon yeah, but not enough to get up more than maybe a tier

Smash Rookie
Anyway, Is Jiggs still a caididate for worst character in the game? Or did something happen between now and Febuary?

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
Anyway, Is Jiggs still a caididate for worst character in the game? Or did something happen between now and Febuary?
Jiggs beats Gannon, hands down
the only thing Gannon gots on Jigglypuff is his upB screws up rest, which would normally be good on a slow guy like Gannon

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
It is like the slowest jab in the game, aside from Zelda's Jab. At least Zelda has some faster options (Neutral B, FSmash, DTilt). Jab is Ganon's fastest move and like as slow as some of the slowest tilt moves gets. It's also the laggiest jab, enough for, let's say, a Wolf's USmash to punish? Non-multi is another factor that makes it bad, no jab cancelling, your forced to push your opponent away from you, meaning more camping against Ganon. Some characters like Kirby and G&W could also duck below it.

Shadow is right though, Ganon is like a stone against fast attackers and good spacers.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
Dude its Ganon
oh yeah, don't play Zelda that much...:dizzy:
yeah, i know how it is spelled, just doesn't look right (as in proper English) when it is spelled "Ganon", oh well....
either way Ganon sucks, CF doesn't get down right ***** by projectiles like Ganon

Sagen du Smash

Smash Journeyman
I think Sonic should be mid tier. He's obviously not high tier because of the steep learning curve he has and his difficulty in landing finishing attacks. But he has more AT's than almost any other character in Brawl (Shield Canceled grabs, Spinshot, Vertical Spinshot, Spring gimping and ASC to name a few), and while learning them is extremely difficult, upon learning them Sonic can match almost anyone.

Generally I agree that most of Sonic's matches are not in his favor, due to the fact that the higher tier characters have AT's that are MUCH easier to learn and execute. However I believe Sonic should at least be above Samus, Ness and Lucas. Samus because he has a better advanced approach game and Ness and Lucas because of their awful recoveries. Sonic isn't the best character in Brawl, but due to his AT's and INSANE recovery options, he can last much longer than most of the other low tiers.

Oh yeah, and if we had a recovery moves tier list, Sonic would get his own SS tier. Seriously, Sonic has STUPID broken recovery. With ASC, Spinshot, HA and the best vertical recovery with spring, he can recover from almost anywhere. I'm not thinking high tier, but mid tier at least, provided the users learn his AT's. If we factor in Sonic's AT's executed consistently, I believe Sonic should move up slightly.

One more thing, CF>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ganondorf. That is all.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Well, the new tier list is coming out tomorrow and I want to see some characters I use rise, *cough* Ness *cough*. ^_^;

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
oh yeah, don't play Zelda that much...:dizzy:
yeah, i know how it is spelled, just doesn't look right (as in proper English) when it is spelled "Ganon", oh well....
either way Ganon sucks, CF doesn't get down right ***** by projectiles like Ganon
You don't have to play Zelda, since in Brawl it clearly says GANONDORF on his roster spot, when he wins, on his trophies and whatnot else.
http://gannon-banned.com/

Nixernator

Smash Ace
@Sagen: AT's are not the basis of tier position. Look at link (huge amount of AT's), compared to D3/GnW (not many). AT's are used to amplify a chars natural advantages.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
I think Sonic should be mid tier. He's obviously not high tier because of the steep learning curve he has and his difficulty in landing finishing attacks. But he has more AT's than almost any other character in Brawl (Shield Canceled grabs, Spinshot, Vertical Spinshot, Spring gimping and ASC to name a few), and while learning them is extremely difficult, upon learning them Sonic can match almost anyone.
Two things:
1) A character's learning curve does not affect their tier position, because tiers assume that players are at the maximum skill level possible. Olimar has a ludicrous learning curve and look how high up he is.

2) Although ATs can defintiely help a character, a character can't become good on ATs exclusively.

Generally I agree that most of Sonic's matches are not in his favor, due to the fact that the higher tier characters have AT's that are MUCH easier to learn and execute. However I believe Sonic should at least be above Samus, Ness and Lucas. Samus because he has a better advanced approach game and Ness and Lucas because of their awful recoveries. Sonic isn't the best character in Brawl, but due to his AT's and INSANE recovery options, he can last much longer than most of the other low tiers.
Again, matchups are assuming that characters are playing at the highest skill level. Learnign curves have nothing to do with it.

And regarding the recovery thing. Ness does have an easy to gimp recovery, true, but it's not THAT bad. And if you think Lucas has a bad recovery then you've clearly never heard of Zap Jumping or Magnet Pull.

Oh yeah, and if we had a recovery moves tier list, Sonic would get his own SS tier. Seriously, Sonic has STUPID broken recovery. With ASC, Spinshot, HA and the best vertical recovery with spring, he can recover from almost anywhere. I'm not thinking high tier, but mid tier at least, provided the users learn his AT's. If we factor in Sonic's AT's executed consistently, I believe Sonic should move up slightly.
Admittedly, Sonic does have a very good recovery. And I can definitely see Sonic moving up a couple of places, but he won't reach mid tier anytime soon.

One more thing, CF>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ganondorf. That is all.
Gotta agree with out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom