• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Hey Spade, seeing as you just got promoted: do you get to vote in the up coming tier list, or do you have to wait for the next one?

And Ganon's kill power doesn't mean anything if he can't land a single hit the whole game. >_>

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Bad matchups for Ganon: Falco, Sheik and IC. If Ganon could approach Falco easily he would be able to have something in his favour: Gimp Falco. Falco recovery is EASILY edge guarded by Ganon, THUNDERSTOMPED if using Fire Bird.

Captain Falcon shouldn't approach opponents. He will lose against the opponent's attack unless they make a misstake. Falcon instead must wait top the opponent to approach instead. So Falcon still can be camped.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
True enough, but if they are doing the "everyone votes" thing again, wouldn't you get to vote as well?
Technically, yes, but the system is a bit different this time than it was for 2.0.

@smashkng:
Ganondorf has FAR more bad matchups than these three you mentioned. Those you said are his abysmal matchups with digits around at least 80:20 in the opponent's favour.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Hence the "at least". A "bad matchup" is something hardly winnable, which starts at 65:35 in the opponent's favour.

noahbaby94

Smash Cadet
Nope everything about the ice climbers shuts ganon down. Quote from the ice climber boards.
Ganondorf is probably armed with the most powerful moves in the game. Almost all of his moves have the ability to kill.

Ganondorf's Jab, Down-Tilt, and Forward-Tilt are suprsingly fast and are usually used as followups to Side-B and kill moves on stage. F-Smash can kill insanely early if you managed to get hit by it (especially Up-Angled,) and Up-Smash has Inturrupted as Soon As frames. It reaches through the platforms on Battlefield so keep that in mind. Down-Smash hits on both sides, but it has terrible startup lag, end lag, and is unsafe on the shield. Ganon's down smash is never used

Up-Tilt is one of the most damaging tilts in the game that can kill insanely early if it connects. It has wind properties that pull you into the attack, ***** shields, and can be a useful edgeguarding tool.

In the air, Ganondorf is known to do his thunderstomp to approach. It deals massive damage, and can lead to followups for more damage. It isn't uncommon to only be hit 4 times and be up to or over 70 damage. N-Air's first hit does more damage and has more knockback, while the second hit has sex-kick properties. F-Air is a powerful move that is still a good finisher. It comes out quick with a somewhat deceptive hitbox. It's massive landing lag makes it a situational move. B-Air and Up-Air are quick and have good range and power.

Ganondorf's specials are quite situational. Warlock Punch is extremely powerful, especially when reversed, but is difficult to land. His Side-B is one of his favored moves, but it's kind of limited in this matchup with two Climbers present. He can't techchase without being hit, but he gains Superarmor when he grabs a Climber with this move. Up-B has almost non-existant hitstun and little knockback when it catches a Climber. If he manages to catch a Climber with the other one not present, you can most likely N-Air him upon release. Ganondorf mains are aware of this and won't use Up-B as an offensive attack. The other Climber will hit him out of his attack most of the time. When recovering, he can uppercut you if you are close to the edge, so lookout for that.

Ganondorf's Wizard Foot (Down-B) has many uses. On the ground it can push you off the stage. He can also use it to cancel at the edge with little lag. In the air, it can spike with great power, or kill you off the top at around 100. It also has a landing hitbox.

Ganondorf is pretty good at edgeguarding. All his aerials knock you out of Squall Hammer. Down-B when used in the air can eaisly kill as well. Up-B is probably a better recovery option.

Ganondorf can **** Nana with his powerful moves if the Climbers are seperated.

Ganondorf does ok against SoPo. SoPo can chaingrab him for a while and can knock him off stage. He can knock us out pretty far with any move. His approach is still kind of limited though.

Ganondorf is the slowest character in terms of mobility on average. He also has no projectile. Blizzard stops his approaches and beats everything he has. Desynched Ice Blocks can force an approach while alternating Blizzards give him trouble up close. Squall Hammer racks up the damage. Popping him in the air for juggling works very well at low percents. He doesn't have a great recovery, so killing him at the sides works well. Spiking him also works pretty well. Getting the grab shouldn't be too difficult and chaingrabing him shouldn't be too bad either. Rising B-Air out-spaces him and should be able to hit him.

Delfino is most likely their best stage. With the water for easy spiking, and the Side-B to drag you into the water, easier Gannoncides (though he can eaisly grab the wrong Climber ) and platforms that make it easier to attack though, it is not a stage to take him lightly. Norfair is another stage to consider banning. Stages that have uneven terrain like Lylat makes it more difficult for him to perform his attacks smoothly. Flat stages like Final Destination make it extremely easy to limit him.

I think it's 95-5 in our favor. Ganondorf has power, but will struggle to get attacks in.

TP

Smash Master
Spadefox, do us all a favor and make sure the next tier list is call The Offical SBR Brawl Tier List v3. SBR sounds and looks better than SBR-B, especially since the next word is Brawl. Having v3.0 is unnecessary, since we all know there won't be a v3.1.

gm jack

Smash Lord
Sheik does the same. I think it is/very nearly impossible for Ganon to break through a properly used chain. Throw a single needle and throw out the chain near the edge. Now hold B and move the control stick in the correct direction for 8 minutes to win. Not even considering how much Sheik ***** him before you consider chain camping.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
DDD has only slightly faster dash speed than Ganon, and DDD has the slowest air speed while Ganon has the 10th slowest air speed. I think DDD has the worst mobility.

A bad edge hog in Final Destination on Ganondorf can result in a deadly stage spike with his up b.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
DDD has only slightly faster dash speed than Ganon, and DDD has the slowest air speed while Ganon has the 10th slowest air speed. I think DDD has the worst mobility.

A bad edge hog in Final Destination on Ganondorf can result in a deadly stage spike with his up b.
So a ganon main should rely on an edge hog to win?

You so silly

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
My thoughts exactly.

People who main a character and go to tournaments with them better than anyone else.

Both the Ness boards and the Lucas boards KNOW Lucas is worse than Ness.

:093:
i don't think so, i think that they both have some things that could be better for them, and lucas's regular attacks are stronger, and he doesn't have the stupid yo-yo, the yo-yo smashes are quick but rather weak

Frown

poekmon
i don't think so, i think that they both have some things that could be better for them, and lucas's regular attacks are stronger, and he doesn't have the stupid yo-yo, the yo-yo smashes are quick but rather weak
Lucas' dsmash only hits forward. Annoying like hell if you play as him. Then there's the usmash where you just have to spot the "oh my god my balls hurt so bad" stance before the hitbox begins.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
He's quoting posts from the first 3 pages of this thread.

huhahahahahaha!

I also find it funny that Wi-Fi is good for anything besides getting people mad.

Ike sucks... or is still low-mid/ top-low at least.

Also hopefully only trolls still say Sonic sucks, because if he does then the people who lose to him are worse.
uhhhhh....... i don't lose to sonic, because he sucks, his final smash is meant to level out how much he sucks without it, same as gannon

and if i am looking at the post, i ususally look at some earlier posts before later ones, duh

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
Lucas' dsmash only hits forward. Annoying like hell if you play as him. Then there's the usmash where you just have to spot the "oh my god my balls hurt so bad" stance before the hitbox begins.
still beats the stupid yo-yo, didn't say he was perfect
have you ever KOd anyone using the yo-yo?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Hahahahaha.

Yeah, because it makes total sense to revive arguments a long time ago than just bring up new ones.

But I should stop here, it's not worth my time.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
Hahahahaha.

Yeah, because it makes total sense to revive arguments a long time ago than just bring up new ones.

But I should stop here, it's not worth my time.
but you didn't

and hello? not all of the stuff at the end is what i want ot post about

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
how come zelda and sheik are different characters when squirtle, ivysaur, and charizard are not?

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Meh, we just need a huge dumpster to put them all in.
Does it honestly matter who is 37th on the tier list compared to who is 36th? It's easy to see that neither of them are tournament viable, so....*runs away*
Yes, it does matter. Why? More glory for winning tournaments. Ganon isn't just the worst character, he's the worst character IN a separate tier..that's how bad he is (check the Japanese tier list). See? His match-ups are all starting to make sense now.

TP

Smash Master
Yes, it does matter. Why? More glory for winning tournaments. Ganon isn't just the worst character, he's the worst character IN a separate tier..that's how bad he is (check the Japanese tier list). See? His match-ups are all starting to make sense now.
According to Kel, who lives in Japan, they put Ganon in his own tier because his name starts with a G, not because he is a whole tier worse than anyone else.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
C-C-C-C-C-Combo Breaker!

But yeah no list is perfect, not this soon after the games release.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
Sonic is top tier with items + final smash.
They don't know he sucks is good.
without items his best chance is hit and run, and he is only fast on the ground making that hard on some stages

and some final smashes are ment to make the character suck less
examples are gannon, sonic, and sorta jiggly(jiggly takes repeated abuse on small stages, where his FS rocks, but on big stages where he can actually fight his FS sucks)

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
ZSS does amazing close-ranged, and her FS is only close-ranged... So, she sucks because she's good.

Or her FS is a mindgame... Of course...!

And NOW I understand Sonic's....! He's fast on the ground and slow in the air, so his FS makes him SUPER fast in the air, and SO SLOW on the ground he actually can't even land!

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
ZSS does amazing close-ranged, and her FS is only close-ranged... So, she sucks because she's good.

Or her FS is a mindgame... Of course...!

And NOW I understand Sonic's....! He's fast on the ground and slow in the air, so his FS makes him SUPER fast in the air, and SO SLOW on the ground he actually can't even land!
Sonic's one of the fastest in the air..

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
Sonic's one of the fastest in the air..
no for horizontal distance, not to mention the fact that he falls to fast to get that much horizontal distance on a normal jump (no 3rd jump) makes him not be that good in the air

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
no for horizontal distance, not to mention the fact that he falls to fast to get that much horizontal distance on a normal jump (no 3rd jump) makes him not be that good in the air
*facepalm*

Kid, you are an idiot.

Sonic is like, 7th fastest for horizontal movement in the air, and he's not that fast of a faller. About middle of the pack IIRC, if not on the floatier side.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
*facepalm*

Kid, you are an idiot.

Sonic is like, 7th fastest for horizontal movement in the air, and he's not that fast of a faller. About middle of the pack IIRC, if not on the floatier side.
even so, aproaching with the fastest running character should not be by air if he isn't near as fast as on land, that is what i meant, and he still sucks

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
How do I Shot Spin?

*If I get infracted for this I'm gonna- you know what screw it*

No, I'll just agree with Nidtendo that you're an idiot if you think aerial approaches are bad for Sonic (in fact, you're wrong on many other points but IDC enough to correct you, you can go ahead and believe in your fallacies.)

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
How do I Shot Spin?

*If I get infracted for this I'm gonna- you know what screw it*

No, I'll just agree with Nidtendo that you're an idiot if you think aerial approaches are bad for Sonic (in fact, you're wrong on many other points but IDC enough to correct you, you can go ahead and believe in your fallacies.)
but he is faster on land
that is the point i am trying to make
and either way, he still sucks, he is Sega's mascot and in Brawl he is a joke

MK can approach by walking, but that isn't the best or fastest way to approach
and i don't go looking up exact places for stuff like falling speed

Spin-Dash

Smash Journeyman
but he is faster on land
that is the point i am trying to make
and either way, he still sucks, he is Sega's mascot and in Brawl he is a joke

MK can approach by walking, but that isn't the best or fastest way to approach
and i don't go looking up exact places for stuff like falling speed
Correction. Sonic sucks, he's SEGA's mascot, and in Brawl top Sonic players can wipe the FLOOR with everyone still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom