• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Rate My Mario thread

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Here's 2 of mine. Both are Mario vs Wario.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP5GIy26UBE&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYFnRVXlA0c

Has my Mario improved at all (if you remember last time), and what else needs to be improved? Also, for some reason, I couldn't seem to get my double back airs that day and kept getting Fair instead, so I'm going to have to work on that instead (Just so you know, in both videos together, there was a total of one intentional Fair. Now compaer that to the number I did... yeah, I know, that's bad...)

Thanks in advance.

Matt07

Smash Master
It was pretty cool. It was fun listening too you commentating, and playing at the same time. The gimps on MK made me lol so hard xD.

I'll play you next year for sure, you can bet on that :D.

Matt07

Smash Master
Sorry for the double post but, the new users who posted their videos might not have noticed the Edit.

By the way anyone can rate each other's Mario, it just doesn't have to be me :p.

Yoshi-Kirby
Against Jiggs use less fairs, and use less smashes. Keep them fresh for K.O's. Also on the B/f stage when you both have 2 stocks, and she was camping, you could've used Fireballs to camp too. Use them when your opponents are in that situation, other than that there wasn't really any specific spots in the matches that made me go "You could've done ____ here."

Against Ness
1:27-You probably got over-zealous and thought Cape would finish it. Should've used FLUDD first, because you came in with the Cape a little too late.

Overall, less rolling, and use your Cape too Cape his PK Fire.

GhostPowder
Can't rate the Pit match, he got owned =P.

Against Ike
It was hard to rate you with the Ike match-up. Someone else who knows the match-up better can help you.

Fromundaman
The first match didn't work "Unconfirmed ULR" or something.

Second match, I haven't fought any Wario's too often, but the lip of FD is gay.

Hopefully more people rate you, "C'mon Step it Up" guys.

Geou

Smash Apprentice
If you really want people to critique you, and help you improve, wouldn't it be better to post a video of you losing? It's harder to see your shortcomings when you're watching a video when you win, and obviously no one wins every match.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfRB5H42EdE

That is my latest Mario. XD at the ending. Please rate me.
The G&W was really bad and it looked like neither one of you knew the match-up very well, second match was ok but nothing special. One tip I can give you is to use the FLUDD more; I saw no use of the FLUDD in any of your matches other than charging it. Still, your Mario looked leagues better than it did before.

If you really want people to critique you, and help you improve, wouldn't it be better to post a video of you losing? It's harder to see your shortcomings when you're watching a video when you win, and obviously no one wins every match.
QFT

Matt07

Smash Master
FireMario149, sorry but pick the videos that you play your best in, and let us critique then. Only a maximum of 5 videos are allowed sorry :(.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Fire, my personal opinion of your Mario is that you are very predictable with spotdodges. You spotdodge too much and you don't turn around to hit people behind you when you D-smash.

I dunno what else, but mainly ease off on the spotdodges and be more slippery, fast, and stuff.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Fire, my personal opinion of your Mario is that you are very predictable with spotdodges. You spotdodge too much and you don't turn around to hit people behind you when you D-smash.

I dunno what else, but mainly ease off on the spotdodges and be more slippery, fast, and stuff.
Mind watching at least 3 videos? I can tell you only watched the first one >_>

Edit: Here's the other match VS. Fox, but it was too short. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGGO7Ufl8Wc

Matt07

Smash Master
Updated!

Removed month old videos, and added East videos.

@East, and Yoshi-Kirby I'll edit this post with advice.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Yoshi-Kirby, I watched your video, and I have to say, you might want to try a less laggy wifi match. Seriously it looked like you had so much lag you were doing moves randomly at times.

Some advice though:

-Don't be afraid to edge-guard with aerials. Don't just stay onstage and wait for them.
-You should have run up and caped or FLUDDed him while he sat at the edge and prepared his PKT2 rather than waiting for it with your shield up.
-Your usage of smashes seemed really random. Personally, I like to use Usmash and Dsmash out of shield and spot dodge respectively.
-You used Dtilt twice... WHY?! Mario doesn't have a Dtilt!
- You shouldn't approach with Dair. It generally isn't so great. Bair is better (And double Bair is even better still).
-You used almost no fireballs. A good idea is to shoot a fireball at him, perhaps two, then while he's raising his psi magnet hit him with a hyphen smash.
-That Ness sucked... >.< Try to play better opponents...
-There's no point in reflecting Ness' aerial PK fire since it shoots into the ground.

That's all I have for now. It's hard to give advice when you play against scrubs.

strike42

Smash Journeyman
any1 wanna review my mario, i put it in the right place this time lol

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
1st vid...you used Cape and D-smash in pretty bad places. When camping against Lucario, instead of SH fireballs, it helps to just stand and fire them, as you fire fireballs faster than he throws aura spheres.

D-throw combos are risky on Lucario, unless you use Up-B as follow up, which is a true combo.

That one time you failed to punish a double team, you should have charged a Smash to punish....

I'll get back on the rest later maybe. Your Mario seems OK to me right now.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
How would some of you guys reccomend getting a video of one of my matches so you can rate my Mario, it seems everybody has a match but me (and I'm poor, so there will be none of that camera stuff)

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I upload anyone's replays to my youtube account....at a snails pace.

I currently have like a million replays I haven't uploaded yet srsly btw.

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
I got a SD card too, a 1GB SanDisk one epspecially made for the Wii.

Btw can I put matches vs the CPU in this topic or is it only vs online people?

Matt07

Smash Master
You can submit offline matches, and online matches. However, if you have no access to offline then WiFi>Computers because human opponents are always better.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
No one is posting in My Silly Mario anymore (:() so I'm going to post a couple matches here.

Vs. G&W
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbpN1-xIQzk&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wiQ1svamb8&feature=channel_page

Vs. Diddy Kong
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es1Qq3ety88&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov9Ip8n8QEA&feature=channel_page

Advice would be greatly appreciated as I'm attending a couple big tournaments soon. These vids will be added in My Silly Mario as well.

Matt07

Smash Master
Updated first post.

And ThatGuy against Game and Watch you did good against him, nothing I could really critique you on except your use of Fireballs, you got predictable and he bucketed them (I dunno if you wanted him to bucket them) but spam Fireballs when he's at higher &'s, hey if he buckets your Fireball that's a free f-smash.

Against Diddy they were very close matches, however to get better work on using Banana's more effectively (just fiddle around in training mode and see what Mario can do with them), or throw them off-stage. That's my opinion, honestly I would've just thrown the **** banana's off. They're really annoying.

Matt07

Smash Master
Triple post >_>, updated. Removed month old videos.

I may just let this thread disappear if no one posts videos.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I'll probably get a video up in a week or so. (Getting a capture card + hacking my Wii) so I'll show you guys my EPIC brawls. (If I get any)

Dory

Smash Journeyman
Hi everyone. My name is Dory. I decided to main this character named Mario and I was hoping I can learn some stuff from all you mario mains. Im in the Socal area and at the next west coast circuit i will be representing mario. Mario seems to be made of win after trials with other characters (some of you may know the struggle i have gone through to find the right main and still put some what decent results :/ )
Ill hope you guys can give me feedback on how to improve my mario ;]

-Dory

Top Bottom