• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official R.O.B. Boards Video Thread

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I get it pretty often actually. Or normally you can string them into 1-3 dtilts and one of them trips for me.

Hater

Smash Ace
I usually have to wait for like the 2nd or 3rd to trip

Just get annoyed watching rob fall over all the time and not be able to return the favor :p

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
A couple of things if I may:

Wi-fi battles, from my experience can be too unreliable due to lag. I'm sure there are good moments, but that's uncommon. That said, do I battle my local buddies and use any replays from that? I was recently told that combo videos rarely use wi-fi matches.

I have no computer or anything, so would it be possible for me to send someone kind enough to want to receive Replay Data and maybe use my sent footage?

That's about all I wanted to know really. I've always dreamed of being part of a Community Combo Video. ^ω^

sneakytako

Smash Lord
This lucario is terrible, I didn't see a single uptilt/ftilt the entire set.

But I guess you'll be mad if I don't say anything productive. When you edgeguard lucario (or any char for that matter) cover high so you can cover the stage more. Letting him come back onto the stage unpunished is terrible. Cover the stage with nair more when hes off the stage.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
okay thanks tako. im guessing you generally mean to linger above the ledge when he's recovering and use nair to hit him out of his recovery?

Billawoh

Smash Rookie
Sup, never posted before. I main ROB and my friend mains Falco, so i'll probably be able to get some videos for u to look at of that match-up on here pretty soon. A side note, If the lag is consistant enough, i find wifi helps to memorize combo's, as if you press the right buttons at the times even with the lag the moves still execute. It forces you to rely entirely on muscle memory without waiting for any visual of a successful attack. Good for some training but thats about it

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I'm sure some of you have seen this vid posted elsewhere on the ROB boards, but I feel it demonstrates a new look to the MK MU against an MK that knows a lot about it.
This set is tournament.
Although I lose, I feel it's useful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AfaqdEVnv8

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah ive seen that before, although im no pro m,yself, can i suggest recovering high more often than low?
if the mk is in the air then our air mobility is actually better than his (unless he glides, **** him) so he'll struggle to reach you

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
yeah ive seen that before, although im no pro m,yself, can i suggest recovering high more often than low?
if the mk is in the air then our air mobility is actually better than his (unless he glides, **** him) so he'll struggle to reach you
well, I hope you aren't offering this advice because I ran out of fuel my first or 2nd stock game 1. That was simply my wrong doings.

And I do a mixture of both when I can.

And recovering low isn't bad if you can outsmart the MK.
Whether it be saving a jump and using it after you cancel your up b to do a surprise just either to attack the MK or to get back on the stage.

I do know to recover high as well, believe me. But that MK is very good at reading me as I come down so I mix it up. and until he reads my below-the-stage recovery and puts a complete end to it, im going to leave my extra options up.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
oh no, not that bit, im jsut saying you appear to get hurt more if you recover lower, trust me im not giving advice, jsut observing ^.^

Wrong. MK's base aerial mobility is .07, while ROB's is .01, the lowest out of the whole cast. However, if you're talking about aerial mobility boost while decelerating, ROB has a value of .04 (third best), and MK has .01. Also, ROB's max air speed is greater than MK's (.89 : .75).

But yeah, CJT is right. MK's glide and specials increase his aerial speed and mobility, so he really won't have a problem getting to us.:c

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well yeah i see waht you mean, although overall air speed we're a bit faster, i jsut it jsut depends of the mk wants to chase you that high or not, i lack sufficient mk exp (seeing as we have only one or two in all of england) to test this theorum out, but its a ton easier for him to get at us from low down than high up

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I watch this video of me vs mk and I cringe at how dumb I am.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmnhonaiqOM
wtf is with all the gyro cancelling? also i didnt know you could wavebounce the gyro cancel thing, i must learn to do this!
...i cant even wavbounce normally TT.TT...
also, sorry but i lack criticism, ive come to learn t onot make any comments until im a decent brawler myself

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
also i didnt know you could wavebounce the gyro cancel thing, i must learn to do this!
reallyz? I thought we talked about it lots, and you've seen OCEAN do it havent ya?
thats what really got it going for us. Idk why it took that long tho since many other chars were abusing it. I just didn't know the input/order of it.

i keep meaning to make a vid on it. i promise i will when school is out. Dec. 18th - Jan 10thish

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
hah it's ok<3 in post 129 i put up a vid of me doing the "WBGC" quite a bit, and you even commented on it xD
I just thought you had seen it displayed before.

and whatever happened to The Mike?

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Yeah, Bees is one of the better b-reversers I know of.
I want to see more of your fast moves follow up!
I have some new follow ups that have been working quite well for me.

and be a little safer with your b-reverals. still used good tho =]

stingers

Smash Obsessed
b reversing is nice and all
but I think a lot of new ROB mains are focusing on it too much
it's cool but not really that important

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
^^^
it's got me from placing top 17 all the time
to placing top 10/top 5 quite consistently.
beating more and more notable people because im less and less predictable.

yeah, it may be too much of a focus, but i believe it's beepin important at high levels of play.
i really really do.
i think it's a game changer for rob if used properly.
and i wills stick to me guns on that one.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
well I think it helps ROB reach the ground
otherwise I don't think it's that necessary
it's cool though
I mean it's not always bad or anything
just not necessary

but I see this game weird

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Once I got my wavebounces down, I was beating people I used to lose to all the time in friendlies, like Kain. :) My biggest problem is unsafe landings, so wavebouncing definitely helped me with that.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
well I think it helps ROB reach the ground
otherwise I don't think it's that necessary
it's cool though
I mean it's not always bad or anything
just not necessary

but I see this game weird
Hah, I think we must see this game weird in order to keep ROB diverse.
so that's fine.
One big thing I've been doing tho is retreating off the stage with my back towards the blastzone, but then wave bouncing an up b back at my opponent with a smack in the face. it's quite surprising since he just switches momentum instantly. I find it paying off quite well.
But yeah, it's mainly for getting back to the stage; I agrees.
I do enjoy overwhelming my opponent with it tho, but you has to be careful not to overwhelm yourself.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah, i think i might drop back to using ike for now, its a lot easier to land with him, and i generally like his gargantuan range XD

Bees!

Smash Ace
b reversing is nice and all
but I think a lot of new ROB mains are focusing on it too much
it's cool but not really that important
Well I still am figuring out smart use of it(making progress though)
Personally I believe it adds layers to ROBs game. like the grounded wavebouncing the laser makes great for a to keep ROB somewhat mobile and get a laser off. But I guess what I see with it is the possiblilties for making ROB a little less predictable. But I think a player with good breverse skills and smarts of a top ROB like you or Chibo definitely would make a very interesting sight. I just need to get smarter. Also its worth noting that I play Steam all of the time. He knows how to punish a lot of things vs ROB. And me in particular. He knows all of my trixies
Nice ROB bees. I feel like your ROB is way more technically proficient than mine lol.
Well thank you ^_^ I practice technicals a lot. But I feel that I have a lot that I still need to learn and apply. But thank you! I wanna be as technical with ROB as I can(but also smart)

Yeah, Bees is one of the better b-reversers I know of.
I want to see more of your fast moves follow up!
I have some new follow ups that have been working quite well for me.

and be a little safer with your b-reverals. still used good tho =]
My fast moves follow up? we should talk about this on AIM once my laptop is finished being resurrected.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
My fast moves follow up? we should talk about this on AIM once my laptop is finished being resurrected.
yeah like
jab1 > d-tilt > dash attack > u-tilt > u-tilt > pivot grab read/fsmash read

d-tilt > fully charged gyro

dash attack > hyphen smash

etc

Top Bottom