• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official R.O.B. Boards Video Thread

sneakytako

Smash Lord
I believe we solidly beat diddy.

You respect his on the stage game too much Bees, we can get through bananas because of 3 reasons:

1.) Our fair beats all of his aerials as long as we are above diddy. Diddy can only rising fair if he gets in before our fair or if he FF above ROB.

2.) We can punish really well OoS diddy's banana game. If he glide tosses into you, grab. If he glide tosses away, catch his banana with fair and get ready to buffer glide toss when you land. If he just throws it, Ftilt OoS.

3.) We can punish alot of banana pulls. The most obvious punish is laser/gyro, but dash attack is amazing at punishing banana pull on the ground, even if he is facing away from you.

You have to understand that diddy grabbing the banana actually limits his options rather than expanding them. You have to call him on his banana throws. Once he has a banana in his hand, the only option he has that beats shield is monkey flip. Short hop as soon as you see him retreat and prepare to nair. If he glides tosses towards you, time the nair to catch the banana. If he monkey flips, space nair to beat both his face grab and kick. If he has a banana in his hand, close the space with dash and shield. If he's hiding behind a banana, set up a gyro wall to knock one banana away. When he goes and grabs his second banana, shield and punish accordingly.

I've been rusty at this MU, but everything that diddy can do with bananas is actually punishable.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
omg bees that was the greatest first stock against falco I've ever seen. Then you break the golden rule of brawl by approaching. You should have played the way you played against that diddy on your second stock and played a game of attrition. Sadface.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Dude that dtilt to disrupt his phantasm was so money. What you should have done after was uptilt when he was trying to poke your shield from the top with phantasm.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I watched this on the fly on my phone (was on lunch break).
I tried calling you to talk about it but your number no worked =[
From the surface I didn't really see much shutting you down. You definitely beat yourself game 1 which might have deflated you the entire set. I know it's hard not to be irritated from blowing such a comfortable lead.
I'll def watch it again tho on a computer and get back with you with some analysis.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
right, Against marth in particular:
You want to abuse the HELL out of F-tilt, It outranges everything that marth has...everything!
Also, stay patient, Marth can punish recklessness harder than almost all other characters

More important for other characters:
Dash less, Rob's options from a dash are pretty poor. All of rob's tilts/jab are above average and very fast and you can't utilise them while dashing. Walking is the superior option during a fight

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Just a general critique, the matchup features aren't as important to me at this stage in my R.O.B. gameplay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk6fTn-7tMs

I've been looking to get some tournament videos, specifically with people other than Diddy, but I can hardly ever remember to save the replay, and if I do the wii is almost always not hacked and the match is over 3 minutes :/

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Someone should critique these videos from my smashfest the other day.

Vs Rizen (G&W)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn0iNztJ03Y
vs Skullkid (DK)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxB2wlY4c6I
(dubs) + Bonds (Snake) vs Rizen (Link) + Skullkid (DK)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3RdVh2Vizo
(dubs) + Skullkid (DK) vs Bonds (D3) + Rizen (Zelda)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7jc1n8fhV4
(dubs) + Rizen (Zelda) vs Meno (Peach) + Skullkid (Wolf)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTd7liZTAh8

My spacing with Dair is off for some reason. ; -;

sneakytako

Smash Lord
VS G&W

# of times landed on moving platform first and second stock - 8 times.

# of times landed on moving platform third stock - 1 time, which ended up killing you.

You did way better third stock because you didn't let G&W get below you. Don't run away to a higher position.

To beat Dair consistantly get used to the horizontal mobility as he falls. If you are within his cone underneath where he can aim his dair, shield > Grab/jab/dsmash. If you can, space away from this hitbox and punish him trying to bair or run at him if he decides to empty jump.

You had it right with ftilt, but then he figured it out. What you didn't do after that was retreating fairs/ftilts/laser/gyro/fsmash. Don't plant yourself, if you get pushed near the ledge move forward and shield to gain back real estate.

You overestimate the front hitbox/shieldstun of bair. A lot of the time the G&W could have reacted with up-b when you did it too low, and people who know the rob MU will call your movement and run up and shield. I wouldn't rely on the shoulder hitbox of bair as much.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Sorry I haven't seen these till now. I will check them out soon =]

Top Bottom