• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official R.O.B. Boards Video Thread

Bees!

Smash Ace
ya I sometimes I don't use ftilt enough. I guess I use it too predictably when I do use it. Its my biggest issue. and with fSmash being so fast its easier to cover yourself it seems.

Also wifi is for funsies and learning. I am usually just practicing reading.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Man, all that showed me was I need to start using up B more efficiently. I was really impressed with your ROB, Jelly. You too, Chibo. I haven't seen much of your ROB since you stopped being a ledge *****, but I like where you're going with him.

I don't see anything really specific, because I'm terrible at the ROB ditto. I have to ask though, why Halberd, Chibo? I only really like the stage because I can come up from below with uair or something, but I don't usually CP people there.

SxK

Karakuri Shogun mdl 00 "Burei"
Honestly, I think the only reason he went there is because he likes that stage.
You can't really counterpick yourself. He also too MamPam there too.

And thanks Zwarm :3
All this training in Gainesville is finally paying off.

Also, could we put this in the ROB video thread?
And on another note, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1tNb7mx24s Vs. ExDeath.
I feel like I played super terrible in this match, like I was sandbagging hard lol.
But, it IS MK, so think what you want.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
...game 2. 2:20-2:26
that was brutal

also i must ask, how do you do that thing at 1:35 in game 2 where you up-b backwards and move FAST

SxK

When you know all of ROB's options, its really easy to avoid them when facing him. So, just be wary of all the **** he can do when you bot are on the ground, in the air, etc.

And for the Reverse Up-B, Just dash, then (without jumping) just B-reverse your up-b. Make sure you don't rotate the control stick too far to the left or right or you go the opposite way with full momentum. EDIT* I think it just looks like I'm moving exceptionally fast lol.
Just an Up B reverse with full momentum.

SxK

Get someone off stage and follow them with the Up-B. You facing away so Bair is already prepped. Then, If you miss. You still have your jump to pop up and hit them again. Instead of Bair, you could also nair if you predict an airdodge.

Drake12

Smash Ace
Very very impressive. I don't use that move in that way either. I gotta ask, why so much over b? I find that move to be useless.
The only thing I could think of saying is that I think you should use more ftilt. Its a fantastic move, and I didn't see to much of it. I have a different playstyle then ya though, so thats just my opinion.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
And for the Reverse Up-B, Just dash, then (without jumping) just B-reverse your up-b. Make sure you don't rotate the control stick too far to the left or right or you go the opposite way with full momentum. EDIT* I think it just looks like I'm moving exceptionally fast lol.
Just an Up B reverse with full momentum.
Actually, you can do it with jumping as well which makes the input margin of error when doing it a bit easier.

I have Z set to jump so when I do the input, I kind of hit three things at once:
1.) B
2.) up+diagonal
3.) Z (jump)

@GP~ The reason it seems like he's moving faster is because he is....
You get a faster boost if you do a grounded up-b during an initial dash.

I'm going to start updating my Bags of Tricks thread now and keep you beepos informed :p
<3

Very very impressive. I don't use that move in that way either. I gotta ask, why so much over b? I find that move to be useless.
definitely not useless.
would explain but i need to start taking notes in class. (maybe later this evening)

EDIT:
A video explaining dash boosting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcILdThBbgw&feature=channel_video_title

SxK

The only thing I could think of saying is that I think you should use more ftilt. Its a fantastic move, and I didn't see to much of it. I have a different playstyle then ya though, so thats just my opinion.
If I recall, I use ftilt alot. Its amazing. And *side b* is really good and situational. A: it beats tornado when tilted appropriately. B: it can stall you in the air for multipurpose uses. C: it's good to troll people who can't DI / Smash DI.

And just practice b-reversing, the move it to your up b.

:phone:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i can b-reverse just fine, the only thing i struggle donig is wavebouncing, typicalyl quite important for rob XD
side-b is useful for three reasons
1. reflects projectiles. obvious usage
2. Transcendant priority. this means it goes through nado and other transcendant priority moves. sadly they also go through it
3. momentum cancel. f-air > side-b can keep ou alive a bit longer.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Side B is pretty useful against ROB. There were like 3 times in a row Jelly reflected Chibo's offstage laser away. Plus it stops gyros.

SxK

Mr. Eric, do you play with tap jump? I do, so I'm essentially doing the same thing you are.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
just something i ned to throw out there because im incapable of testing it myself.
when doing horizontal momentum cancelling, has anyone ever tried to do the standard aerial and then wavebounce gyro while still moving backwards from the hit? i dunno how it works but does anyone know if it reverse your momentum this way? it could potentially make us live longer when knocked horizontally

SxK

Yeah, I've tried, It doesn't work. The momentum you get from a hit is different from momentum you generate yourself, so when trying to wavebounce with the Gyro or Laser or Up B you just turn around. :sadface:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
damn, i figured someone else would have tried this
also i cant do that thing for the life of me. screw you bad hands!! XD

Heartstring

Smash Legend
how about luigi? b-reverse fireball after a luigi fair!
lets jsut be glad that mk cant do that after his u-air XD

also ive finalyl managed to do it. you have to have the direction exactly right for it to work, not like ike where anywhere near up-back withh do a reversed aether -__-

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Mr. Eric, do you play with tap jump? I do, so I'm essentially doing the same thing you are.

Then it's important to mention it since it actually does count as a jump though I know it doesn't feel like it. Definitely feels like it when you have tap jump off xD It's doable; just more difficult and it feels clunky.

If I recall, I use ftilt alot. Its amazing. And *side b* is really good and situational. A: it beats tornado when tilted appropriately. B: it can stall you in the air for multipurpose uses. C: it's good to troll people who can't DI / Smash DI.

And just practice b-reversing, the move it to your up b.

I would say there's much better options than side b simply because of startup lag.
And since you can kill with your other options.
Side B is mainly good for shield pressure and gimping from what I've discovered.

SxK

I troll people with Rotor Arm lol
otherwise its because im messing up my b reverses.

8Bitman

Smash Master
I troll people with Rotor Arm lol
otherwise its because im messing up my b reverses.
If there was a like button for Smashboards I would have liked this.

I finally realized why I was messing it up all of those times.

It is because if you are still holding the analog stick when you reverse you will do a reversed Side-B. But if you want to reverse your neutral B, as soon as you want to do it, let go of the analog stick then reverse.

It is pretty obvious and everyone probably knows this but I didn't realize it at first. =/

Heartstring

Smash Legend
ooh nice games 8bit.
it really looks like i need to learn to wavebounce consistently to be better at this game XD

8Bitman

Smash Master
Naw I don't want to be critique'd on these.

They were all very long ago except for the Set with ESAM.

I just put these on here so I could maybe help everyone out a bit. IDK. lol

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Man, it looks like I actually need to go into the labs with ROB again and practice stuff with him. I haven't done this since I taught myself how to wavebounce gyro cancel, which was over a year ago now...

8Bitman

Smash Master
There's too much to learn with R.O.B.

I consider him the most technical character in Brawl. Maybe that's why everyone disagrees with me when I say Brawl is more technical than Melee... They don't main R.O.B... :(

stingers

Smash Obsessed
the best use for up b while on the ground is just using it to use aerials safely on peoples shields, its too slow to be really useful for punishing people who are in the air, they'll just react to it =/

and robs def. not more technical than melee chars >.>

Top Bottom