• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
I tend to get annoyed when people are lazy and expect others to take care of their problems.

Phoenix_Dark (and M@V): I know. I wasn't talking to you guys. However, there are some who complain without putting forth any effort.
Oh, well **** them. They all suck. <3

takieddine

Smash Master
My point wasnt about liking or hating brawl, or bashing or praising one game over the other. My point is that its stupid to exclude a person if they just like playing another game.

Now brawlers have to expect that not that many people are willing to play brawl, and thats your responsibility to gather people around.

There is NO reason for there to be bickering between 2 groups of people, we can all get together and enjoy either game. Its stupid to suggest that "we wont give up anther setup to brawl, when was the last time we used all setups?

D20

Smash Lord
Taki is right. None of us have a problem with real Brawl, and to call us elitist is a bit unfair.

Over my four years of co-hosting these weeklies, I have personally welcomed well over 50 Super Smash Brothers players of all skill levels to join us. Some of them chose to come back week after week, and many of us have made lifelong friends. Others slowly faded away from our scene for a variety of reasons... but I would bet my life that none of them ever felt "chased away". I take great pride in these events having a lighthearted and comfortable atmosphere.

If you want to come and hang out with us, you are more than welcomed to. You would just need to supply a Brawl disc (I don't believe many of us have a copy on hand). I promise you that a number of people would play with you. However, none of us play the game competitively... we dabble at best.

Also... The Pittsburgh Smash community IS awesome.

takieddine

Smash Master
Taki is right. None of us have a problem with real Brawl, and to call us elitist is a bit unfair.

Over my four years of co-hosting these weeklies, I have personally welcomed well over 50 Super Smash Brothers players of all skill levels to join us. Some of them chose to come back week after week, and many of us have made lifelong friends. Others slowly faded away from our scene for a variety of reasons... but I would bet my life that none of them ever felt "chased away". I take great pride in these events having a lighthearted and comfortable atmosphere.

If you want to come and hang out with us, you are more than welcomed to. You would just need to supply a Brawl disc (I don't believe many of us have a copy on hand). I promise you that a number of people would play with you. However, none of us play the game competitively... we dabble at best.

Also... The Pittsburgh Smash community IS awesome.
Yeah if we can play with PDK's little brother, we can play with anyone!

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
^^^^ I almost cried.

And WHO said we don't hate Brawl?

On a serious note, as much as I raise my voice against it, I really wouldn't mind having
a Brawl setup at Duq. Rob's right, some people would indeed play with you.

More Melee friendlies for me, anyway.

Come one, come all.

Duq is the place to be on Friday nights.

Not some party that is held in a basement where the ceiling is too low for you to stand up in, everyone/thing smells like alcohol, and when you try to find a room to sit quietly, someone lights up. . . .

>_____> . . . . . . . . Not at all.

M@v

Subarashii!
Hey, I've been working on the Brawl scene =). I'm just not in Pittsburgh year round anymore due to college, so I can't get anything consistent going. Had 2 tourneys that were pretty successful, although the second one had a lower local turnout than the first.

The 3rd Im hosting is in July, and the venue fee gets you in for melee and brawl days. In addition, I plan for the time after the tourneys to be melee/brawl friendlies(hell 64 if someone wants to bring it). Lets make that weekend an awesome gathering of all the Pittsburgh community, as well as other visitors.

TheLake

Smash Master
Ill play brawl

Ill play melee

hell id play the fiddle if i could ):

But i cant...soo

Ill just play melee

but ill totally play brawl too

Its like getting the fat chick thats friends with the babe sitting at the bar

she may not be nearly as attractive....or fun to be around

but chicks are chicks either way

just do'em all and get your knickers off

AprilShaw

aka Logan
Take is right. I get a really douchy elitist vibe from you guys in general (I've seen it in other topics), and it doesn't sound like you're the most fun crowd to hang out with. The only reason I asked about Brawl is because WEMP suggested it, and he seems like a pretty level-headed guy. Chill out and open up a little. You're all so quick to complain about how the Pittsburgh community sucks. That isn't going to change until you stop strangling the community and chasing away all the brawlers/casuals/whatever.

Back on topic, if some people do want to play Brawl, and it isn't too far away, I'd like to give it a try. I would like to find someone to play with once in a while.
I think you just haven't met any of us, so you don't get the humor. No one from the Pittsburgh community complains about the Pittsburgh community. I mean, hell, I haven't been going all that long and I'd consider these guys to be better friends than people I've been going to middle/high school with for 4~8 years. I have a feeling other people would tell you the same thing.

My point wasnt about liking or hating brawl, or bashing or praising one game over the other. My point is that its stupid to exclude a person if they just like playing another game.

Now brawlers have to expect that not that many people are willing to play brawl, and thats your responsibility to gather people around.

There is NO reason for there to be bickering between 2 groups of people, we can all get together and enjoy either game. Its stupid to suggest that "we wont give up anther setup to brawl, when was the last time we used all setups?
And my point was that no one is excluding him. But, it's true that no one's going to want to give up one of our setups to Brawl. I didn't tell him to bring a TV, I told him to bring a Wii and if necessary component cables, and that makes perfect sense. When we go to Duquesne we usually only get 2, sometimes only even 1 setup, for 10+ people. I certainly wouldn't be thrilled to bring a setup and have it used for Brawl. Gerald would probably rip someone's head off.

But anyways, all that said, if we came off elitist, and that is in any way my fault, my apologies. I won't speak for the rest of Pittsburgh, but me at least, if you bring any game I'll play with you, possibly get *****, but still have fun. I honestly think you just don't get the jokes. But here's the bottom line... if you wanna play Brawl, you're gonna have to just bring it one day. Because if you just sit around on the boards waiting for it to happen, it won't. We aren't gonna switch to Brawl ourselves, you know? Especially considering how amaaaaaaazing RoM2/Pound 4 were :laugh:

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
sleek dun show up to Duq tomm. I'm like 100% sure that if you bring brawl within a 300 foot radius of the TVs, The lazer beams from Taki's bookbag with destroy the disk with pin point accuracy. Then they will take the ashes, blow them into the wind, lawl and call you a f@g because you play brawl. Yeah that is what has happened to everyone so be careful and you may not wanna where anything too flammable, the lazer beams sometimes ignite non-brawl things but its only like a 33.3....3(repeating) percent chance that it will happen so no worries. good luck these guys are ruthless. I have no friends in Pittsburgh cuz they were so mean to me about not doing no items, fox only and final destination all the time...........yea I even liked melee but when i tried to pick another character or stage or turn on pokeballs they barked at me and chased me out with light sabers

takieddine

Smash Master
Its not fair to judge us when you havent even made the effort to come out to one of the weeklies so.

I think brawlers came off as super defensive (besides mav, and dark they're mad cool) from the get go, so that could explain why you think we're elitist jerks without even meeting us. But I mean i dont HAVE to make you happy, I'm just doing what i think is fair.

arcu

Smash Rookie
I'm pretty pumped about these weeklies. I'm sure some of you know Rose, I came to a smash-fest with him once. I am full-time college out of state though, but when I get the chance to come back to Pittsburgh on weekends I take it duq is the place to be on a Friday :D

*I made a really cool signature for this site, and its not showing up :(

TheLake

Smash Master
The only innacurate thing about swifts post is discriminating against the usage of pokeballs

this has never been further from the truth

Pokeball only tourney anyone?

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
Serious pokeball only matches are the only times Mew ever showed up for me. It's like the little ******* went out of his way to **** with me.

Raziel744

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty pumped about these weeklies. I'm sure some of you know Rose, I came to a smash-fest with him once. I am full-time college out of state though, but when I get the chance to come back to Pittsburgh on weekends I take it duq is the place to be on a Friday :D

Are you going to make it this Friday Jared?

Vyke

Smash Champion
None of this talking makes A BIT OF DIFFERENCE!

You're all just going to sit around and play games anyway. It isn't like thars gonna b a fite abot it.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero

u need more post. i think its like 10

AprilShaw

aka Logan
I'd love if someone brought Brawl. I've always been curious how I'd do against Brawl players, considering all I have is a small amount of knowledge + Melee skills.

It's up to the Brawlers now though. I seriously gotta agree with Taki saying a lot of Brawl players are just defensive though. I think Sleek Media has convinced himself we're elitists :( he's brought it up in other threads and stuff. Was looking through his posts to find the first one he made in our thread, he called us melee elitists in the other PA thread that got closed, and he said in another post that he laughs at people who travel and play games seriously. I'm thinking it's just a difference of ideals/mindsets lol. Whatever.

WEMP had the right idea. Instead of trying to switch us to Brawl, he just switched to Melee! ( We still gotta play sometime D: )

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
If someone could bring a small TV, I could bring my Cube.
+1 Melee Setup.

That said, Logan, I wouldn't rip anyone's head off.

I would just accidentally spill my drink on them

At 10:13 p.m. . . . . .

>_______>

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
If someone could bring a small TV, I could bring my Cube.
+1 Melee Setup.

That said, Logan, I wouldn't rip anyone's head off.

I would just accidentally spill my drink on them

At 10:13 p.m. . . . . .

>_______>
I've got a small TV.

But I'm not taking it on a bus.

Top Bottom