• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

D20

Smash Lord
OMG... I knew it! I wondered who the hell would post...
LFM Naxx25... must be 3.5K+ DPS

Also, Duquesne's internet is bad. It took me 2 hours to do 10 dailies.

Atacusbebop123

Smash Journeyman
Satirical*

"Satire" is a noun, hence I would not have a "satire sense of humor," but a "satirical sense of humor."

...BUUUUUUT I know you did that on purpose just to arouse me, and boy howdy it worked! You sly devil.

I also left out that Muse is one of my all-time favorite bands.

There should be smash happening in Butler this weekend, and Matt should take me.

Cheers.

EIDT: I just realized that I failed to even notice that you improperly spelled "You're" seeing as I was too busy beating off to your more glaring error! Jesus, you're shifty!
EDIT2: You also left an 'R' out of "your," and violated parallel structure by not saying "your similar taste in music." Steve, you make me so horny.

My Playgirl spread will be in the mail.

Happy annual tight shirt week!

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
Theres been a ton of mario karting in my life lately...

any one wanna give me a heads up on any pittsburgh tournies anytime upcoming?

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
I like how ppl talk about squarepit on vent in the 3rd person as if he isnt even in the vent and able to hear everything they're saying. ppl be ruthless when behind a monitor. I feel kinda bad for him. He said that his mom got him the name change fo free and one guy immedately stated that blizz gave him a name change because he was cancer on the server.

I almost got booted cuz in the raid leaders rant about fail players on detheroc I stated that straatman was awesome.(cuz hes def the best troll on the server)

And is it me, or is there always some dude who is like in college and around our age that sounds like a 40yr old player, who is ALWAYS sarcastic? They annoy me, cuz they talk too much and get extra friendly with the females on vent and act like they know every fawking thing.

and wtf ppl go crazy on vent when ther be a girl in the raid/vent. People would not shut the **** up tonite

raid tonite was pretty fun.

Oh and Zefox is DEF squarepit because if u had him friended it still says squarepit and cuz he was the only rogue in the raid ( he gave out most of the inv if iirc.)

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
WTF... he told me there were 5 rogues in the raid and that he couldn't take me.
wow srsly? every time Im in a raid with him no rogue **** drops and like me and few ppl exchange spiteful PST about karma and how it bites him in the *** when he raid inv's the way he does.

edit: slice n dice got buffed **** YEAH!! (from 30% to 40%) thats like the staple ability in leveling......yay!!! i be more ****

A-Laon

Smash Master
WoW is just one of the ever-so-many resources for ignorant jerks that feel the need to belittle others over trivial matters purely on the basis that there is no fear of retribution over the internet, thusly granting such weak-minded jack@sses the feeling of immortality.

/ignore saves lives.

EDIT: God ****it, Feral got nerfed, lol.

Vyke

Smash Champion
oh ****. Now that prot is actually viable for top arena, I'm totally for it.

ALAN, RESTO/PROT WARRIOR TEAM GO? OR TAKI... SINCE HE KINDA KNOWS THE CLASS (lol)

Edit: Probably gonna roll DK for arena tourney anyway. LOLOLOLOL

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
im so lost in this thread lol

is pittsburgh going to canada? its gona be big
i asked about a link to the thread in the fox boards and i got nothing...........plz link that ****t

finally found it

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=214592

so umm 5hr drive for what looks to be a 60+ turnout? i'd be down its next weekend. in compariosn to a 3.5hr drive for mid of ohio we be getting teh moneys worth. I wouldve been on this sooner but its canada and i'd never imagine anything happening relatively close

yo dun we need passports and **** tho? Last time i went to canada(in 8th grade) teacher made me bring mad **** with me..

TheLake

Smash Master
OMG GENISIS O_O

Jacob and I show GREAT INTEREST in this

estimated time on the road from jacobs house we calculated to be...1 day 13hrs

So *****es...whos in (;

Vyke

Smash Champion
If we go to Genesis. We're taking a plane.

There's a flight that goes directly from Pittsburgh to an airport somewhat near the venue with no lay-overs. Start saving.

I'm completely serious.

TheLake

Smash Master
if I Go To Genesis. I Am Taking A Plane.

There's A Flight That Goes Directly From Pittsburgh To An Airport Somewhat Near The Venue With No Lay-overs. Start Saving.

I'm Completely Cereal.
Disregard That I Suck *****

Vudujin

Smash Lord
We should see the difference between the plane tickets and the driving expenses, just so we get our money's worth. . . I think the plane would actually be cheaper, but the idea of road trip cross country sounds like it would be the coolest experience ever

not to mention bragging rights for driving 1 DAY AND 13 HOURS!

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
i'll be there from 3ish until 8 ish tommorrow for the weekly smashfest

this is a good time for a tourney update..........

IMPORTANT SMASH RELATED STUFF(AS IN NOT WOW)
IMPORTANT SMASH RELATED STUFF(AS IN NOT WOW)

Return of Test your might
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=219954
Closer than columbus, turnout is a bit less, last time we had 24 enter melee singles, and their new venue is really nice fro those who didnt go last time. Mad setups that are elavated on mini platforms and Mad ppl playing wow. I first saw nexus there. Some kid's GF was pissed and.....

MIDDLE OF OHIO V
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=220050

turn out be always nice 30+ everytime. Good amount of talent out there. Jianoa nd Souruch came out last time which was pretty cool since they be from kinda far away. I tihnk we pushed 42 entrants last time.

CANADIAN MAJOR
~~Smashbound Presents: WUGWAN BREDA~~

YES this is next week and kinda short notice ONLY because i never imagined a Canadian tourney(let alone a major) being relatively close. OK I dun have a car but im pushing for this hard, cuz this is Canada and a whole new smash scene and its looking pretty **** big(60-70 form what i hear). Check the confirmed list. Its a brawl and melee event in one day. Melee singles are a bit later which is nice, and teams is like at noon. From what I seen on video and stuff the Canadian tourneys have pretty good venues and if they're doin this in one day, it must mean that they either are crazy or have ALOT of setups and all that good stuff. Since its been co-signed by the likes of KAGE and RAYNEX.....2 prolific Canadian players and the fact that its drawing popularity from west canada it should be decent. Did I mention that Drephen/Watty/Soap/4%/taconinja/skatz are going?

Umm yeah if theres a time(address car driving folks) to step up up on what maybe kinda short notice nows the time. Oh yeah, about the drive length......folks its 5hrs 5mins exactly. This is about as close Canada gets. Its closer than philadelphia and maybe less expensive, cuz i cant imagine a toll as fawking crazy as the Philly and NJ ones. This tourney would be like a philly trip but with a while new scene and probly a larger turnout. you decide. Me and sheik already trying to get housing and stuff..

I would NOT be pushing for this if it were a trip to philly or Columbus 1 week b4, but I'd figure I'd try to sell it like the vince guy since its a whole new scene where we'd probly learn ALOT. And fawk I want some Canadian bacon anyways ehh/buddy/guy

=)

EDIT:
Alright, 84 people so far, and there are always people that show up without notifying anyone. Stupid noobs >_>.

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
i have a few questions about the bi-weeklies in Pittsburgh. one, do u guys play melee only or brawl too? two, if brawl is played, what is usually the turnout for brawl? and three, if it starts at 1:00 on fridays and i have school till 2:45 would that mean that i have missed my chance to enter tourneys? or do they start at a later time so people from a distance can join?

Vyke

Smash Champion
They're just weekly smashfests, CREWS. They don't hold tournaments, it's just a fun for all get together to practice our skillz. I've seen Brawl there before. If you bring Brawl and want to play, we will play it. There will just be more melee than Brawl, that's all.

And you can come anytime in the afternoon. Swift isn't getting there until 3, so you'll be fine.

Top Bottom