• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

Space thing

Smash Apprentice
I have a few questions about where this is.
Is the zip code on the first post wrong? according to google the zip for Duquesne university area has a 9 at the end instead of a 7.
Also, which building is this held in. The Duquesne university bookstore?

D20

Smash Lord
1. You can simply mapquest Duquesne University. Be aware that there is no public parking on campus. If you are driving, you should find a garage to park in somewhere close by. For example, you could use the Mercy Hospital Parking Garage... which is about a 5 minute walk from where we play. There are also meters on Stevenson Street, which is next to the garage.

2. This is a link to a campus map. http://www.duq.edu/frontpages/main/map/DUQmapLG-072008.jpg

3. We play on the bottom floor of the Duquesne Union, which is in the center of the map. The garage I mentioned would be just to the west of the Palumbo Center. I believe one of the other two garages on the map (Forbes and Locust) is permit only... but I can't remember which one.

Hope that helps. Post if you have any more questions.

Vyke

Smash Champion
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/pvp/tournament/index.xml

Edit: "Canadian residents are not required to pay an Entry Fee in order to enter. Instead, Canadian residents may enter by submitting a 250 word typewritten essay comparing tournament video gaming in Canada to tournament video gaming in the United States on 8 ½ x 11 inch paper and mailing their essay to Essay Entry for The 2009 North American Blizzard Entertainment Arena Tournament, P.O Box 18979, Irvine, CA 92623."

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Edit: "Canadian residents are not required to pay an Entry Fee in order to enter. Instead, Canadian residents may enter by submitting a 250 word typewritten essay comparing tournament video gaming in Canada to tournament video gaming in the United States on 8 ½ x 11 inch paper and mailing their essay to Essay Entry for The 2009 North American Blizzard Entertainment Arena Tournament, P.O Box 18979, Irvine, CA 92623."
thats ****ing bull****

A-Laon

Smash Master
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/pvp/tournament/index.xml

Clearly, I chose the wrong country.

That's six words already!

And in other news, I just noticed the Murloc pet. This is now worth entering.

Space thing

Smash Apprentice
1. You can simply mapquest Duquesne University. Be aware that there is no public parking on campus. If you are driving, you should find a garage to park in somewhere close by. For example, you could use the Mercy Hospital Parking Garage... which is about a 5 minute walk from where we play. There are also meters on Stevenson Street, which is next to the garage.

2. This is a link to a campus map. http://www.duq.edu/frontpages/main/map/DUQmapLG-072008.jpg

3. We play on the bottom floor of the Duquesne Union, which is in the center of the map. The garage I mentioned would be just to the west of the Palumbo Center. I believe one of the other two garages on the map (Forbes and Locust) is permit only... but I can't remember which one.

Hope that helps. Post if you have any more questions.
Thank you.

What time do people usually start to come about?

takieddine

Smash Master
We're here right now but with no way to make the wii work because the sensor bar is broken.

Someone should be bringing another setup very shortly.... we'll play until atleast 6 today... maybe alot later.

pockyD

Smash Legend
you guys know about the way the sensor bar works, right?

get two lights, put them a few inches apart (the width of the middle of the sensor bar, between the shiny things) and point the wiimote at them; you can even do it with lighters (and it is amazingly cool)

by "getting two lights", i mean you can even just find two lights somewhere reasonably close to the wii... maybe two desk lamps, certain ceiling lights, etc

all the "sensor" bar does is emit infrared; it doesn't actually read input. it's not a "sensor" at all

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
you guys know about the way the sensor bar works, right?

get two lights, put them a few inches apart (the width of the middle of the sensor bar, between the shiny things) and point the wiimote at them; you can even do it with lighters (and it is amazingly cool)

by "getting two lights", i mean you can even just find two lights somewhere reasonably close to the wii... maybe two desk lamps, certain ceiling lights, etc

all the "sensor" bar does is emit infrared; it doesn't actually read input. it's not a "sensor" at all
duh

pound3

A-Laon

Smash Master
@Jacob -- Monk season finale beetch
"Are you patronizing me?"
"No, I'm insulting you."

If I'm entering this Arena tournament, I'm bein' an Arms warrior, no discussion.

Warrior/Rogue/Druid would be my first idea, give or take the druid, because druids suck.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
@Jacob -- Monk season finale beetch
"Are you patronizing me?"
"No, I'm insulting you."

If I'm entering this Arena tournament, I'm bein' an Arms warrior, no discussion.

Warrior/Rogue/Druid would be my first idea, give or take the druid, because druids suck.
replace drood with shammy

Harm.

Smash Cadet
get ur butt down the duq sometime

I quit samus. I am playing fox and peach. now. I figured i would get all the basic tech skill down and stuff before coming back. Not to mention i work at radioshack and they schedule me fridays alot. I really need to play a human being for a change so if anyone is free during the week to play i am down.:)

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
I quit samus. I am playing fox and peach. now. I figured i would get all the basic tech skill down and stuff before coming back. Not to mention i work at radioshack and they schedule me fridays alot. I really need to play a human being for a change so if anyone is free during the week to play i am down.:)
oooh peahc and msaus are awesome. glad to see that ur expanding ur horizons. radio shack where? like downtown, oakland, or somewhere way the **** out where I can't reach you?.

im interested in trying to make time for a little weekday smash

yay fox!

Engel

Smash Journeyman
so uh Tekko posted the game tourny schedules on their boards.....

Friday

8PM - Team Tekko and GPX Presents: King of the Hill
Midnight - Tekken 5:Dark Ressurection
2AM - Street Fighter III 3rd Strike
4AM - Request Tourney (Requests on Friday start at Opening and will be posted by 10PM Fri.)

Saturday

12PM - Halo 3 Singles
2PM - Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom
5PM - Street Fighter IV Singles
7PM - Street Fighter IV Teams
9PM - Rock Band Rock Off
11PM - Super Smash Bros. Brawl
1AM (Sun) - Super Smash Bros. Melee
3AM (Sun) - Naruto: Shipuuden EX 3
5AM - Request Tourney (Requests for this time slow will be taken from Saturday 12PM and posted 10PM Sat.)

Sunday

10AM - IIDX DJ Troopers
12PM - DDR: Extreme (Japanese)
2PM - Pop'n Music

Melee is pretty late >_>
Also, anyone good at Rock Band? I could use a good band :\

Engel

Smash Journeyman
downtown pittsburgh.... tekkoshocon.com
it's an anime convention april 3-5, you have to pay to get in and the prizes for winning are usually crap so unless you like anime it's probably not worth it

soap

Smash Hero
downtown pittsburgh.... tekkoshocon.com
it's an anime convention april 3-5, you have to pay to get in and the prizes for winning are usually crap so unless you like anime it's probably not worth it
i like anime. but not enough to go to conventions.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
So I'm thinking of buying a new laptop... suggestions?
gimme ur old one hows that for a suggestion.

since brands kinda matter with notebooks:

Thinkpad
Asus
Sony
Toshiba
HP

I'd shop online if possible but stores are OK nowadays

THINKPAD; Good quality overall, probly the best looking portable models. Higher ends can play WoW without any problem at all. honestly I dun think you can go wrong. They have one of the best keyboard layouts as well, and majority of them come with finger print readers built it. I cannot stress how solid they are. great battery, good design, tough......almost everything under the sun.

ASUS; has been around for a while, they make motherboards and **** so like they know wtf they are doing. Plus everything I've seen form them so far has been quality. I am a big fan of their notebook design(Taki's is amazing). If I were out on the market of buying notebooks I'd choose them 2nd.

Sony;. Even tho they are kinda hi-jacking apple's style(doing it better imo lol) their high end and mid-high end models are pretty amazing. sleek and solid. As usual sony boast good quality in the form of being pricey. If you go sony, drop some good money and DONT get anything that looks like too much of a bargain. Go up on the sony tier list to buy things. They would NOT be a prime choice for getting a average notebook for they will fail you.

Toshiba; They are probly my 3rd choice I would go with. soild all around. Arent really known for anything, and even at the stores their stuff just doesnt stand out to me, but they're reviews are solid and from my friends experience with one(he treats all his **** like crap. this guy throws his wiimotes on the ground and stomped his toshiba once) they're pretty tough. I've played around with a few and they're overall well built.

HP; default. they're what all the college kids are getting. I Hate their design it looks so lame to me, but like HP has a history of just making good ****. If you cant find anything else you'll always be able to find a deal on one of these.

If you ever decide to get a MAC plz for the love of all thats good, slap it with a linux/windows disk ASAP. and if you do....apply the Sony rule and go MacbookPro. They are the only well made notebooks by apple.

one more thing:
if the thought of macbook air ever crosses your mind, its a secret message telling you to kill urself.

Top Bottom