• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

Na!l

Smash Journeyman
well..... couple o questions..
anyone know much about this ddr thing that happened on friday?
like..
is it a nitespot hosted thing?
what kinda pads they were using?
what the game they were using was called?
*curious* @_@)..
I had no idea it was going on, but someone asked us if we wanted to sign up, so we did. They were using metal pads, good quality. They were using the first US mix, nothing was unlocked. I saw on the bulitin board, as we were leaving, a flyer for it which said "March 30th" and it had no other future dates.

heynivek

Smash Apprentice
they were using colbalt fluxes sheik. They were definately playing ddr, i'm guessing a new ps2 mix, cause i didn't recognize the songs. I don't know how good they are but it seemed like the ppl playing knew what they were doing. The girls were decent looking, well at least they were when they were playing ddr and you could only see their backs.

I also joined the awesome facebook group.

D20

Smash Lord
Taki - Right now, my car's full. I'm supposedly taking Evan, Matt, Corey, and Alan. I'll need confirmation from those guys, but if one of them drops, you'll have his seat. I guess you could break one of their gaming thumbs or something to assure a spot. Anyhow, I'll let you know for sure what's going on by Wednesday.

If you can't come to this tourney, I'll make sure you have a spot for FC.

xyt

Smash Lord
I had no idea it was going on, but someone asked us if we wanted to sign up, so we did. They were using metal pads, good quality. They were using the first US mix, nothing was unlocked. I saw on the bulitin board, as we were leaving, a flyer for it which said "March 30th" and it had no other future dates.
US 1st Mix... wow.. talk about ancient.. -_-)...
well.. guess there will not be anymore ddr stuff there in the near future = /
unless it's owned by the nitespot or something
anyways... Na!l if you play ITG at all friend me on groovestats.
i got bored of/quit ddr basically about 2 yrs ago = /
the account is XYT

ohio tourny commin up next sat. too bad most of us can't go = /
better rep us hard MCC : D and Alan of course XD
still no word on Taki's minivan? = /

Switchblades

Smash Apprentice
Marth?

Taki and Swift, I played a few Marth dittos with each of you, and I just wanted to know what your thoughts were.

And Rob, next time I'm at Duquesne, can I Y.Link ditto with you (maybe Marth as well, you have a pretty good one =P)?

Thanks

Na!l

Smash Journeyman
US 1st Mix... wow.. talk about ancient.. -_-)...
well.. guess there will not be anymore ddr stuff there in the near future = /
unless it's owned by the nitespot or something
anyways... Na!l if you play ITG at all friend me on groovestats.
i got bored of/quit ddr basically about 2 yrs ago = /
the account is XYT
They were not Cobalt Fluxes, they were the metal pad I have, its not super awesome, but its very acurate in judging. A step below CF, IMO.

I have never played ITG, though i plan to rent it in the future ,(I have a hard drive for my PS2, so I just put games on it) if I can find it anywhere.

Just feel like telling you, I broke my middle finger on my right hand. Anyone else know how hard it is to hold a controler with a splint on your finger? Annoying...

pockyD

Smash Legend
anyways with duquesne closing later this week, anyone up for midweek smash and/or smash elsewhere on friday?

edit: also, i've been thinking and east pittsburgh >>>> west pittsburgh.

thoughts?

xyt

Smash Lord
pocky: i agree @_@)! we win.
taki: minivan ok desuka?
alan: we.are.not.brothers.because.i.am.gay.
i'm getting many smasher friends on facebook. yay.
nail: ah ic.. itg is fun man : D you should play. it's basically just a harder ddr = /
mooooooooo..

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
i MIGHT be able to do something thurs.

@switchblades FThrow ---> Smash, doesnt work everytime. You can catch some ppl off guard every once in a while, but it should be a reaction to them not DI'ing rather than taking a chance on it. You shouldnt FSmash as much. Yes this seems very hard to do with marth at times, but its overusage can be ur worst enemy. Shorthop double Fair a bit more. grab more and lastly grab more.

D20

Smash Lord
I'm free Thursday as well, but we wouldn't have the NiteSpot then. Anyhow, I'm up for anything.

Switchblades - I'd be happy to YL ditto you... same goes for Marth.

pockyD

Smash Legend
my place can be open for thursday, and if tim or someone brings a TV + setup that would make 3 (and if someone ELSE brings a TV that would make 4, which is honestly fine by me; we can just put 1 in the bedroom)

if anyone else wants to host that's cool too; i can bring a TV if someone provides me with a ride =\

edit: just replace all marth fsmashes with dtilt!!

Nakamaru

Smash Master
I would be cool with hosting people at my house if it didnt take people so long to get to sewickley. :(

-If you ever play against a GnW when you play marth. Just D-tilt and it will hit him even when he jumps.... >.>

fj2

Smash Rookie
**** Chang got censored again. I take that as a personal offense from smashboards.

not really.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Only problem with CMU is parking. There is never any parking around CMU that doesnt cost like $20

Man this poke **** music is really getting on my nerves. >.> I think i might just go insane.

pockyD

Smash Legend
there's a lot of street parking (some metered, some free) where I'm at, especially if you don't get randomly unlucky

on-campus spots are generally packed though =\... but the parking garage is also free at night (after 5 i think?) in addition to being mostly empty, so if that's when this goes down, you can park there for free

pockyD

Smash Legend
our lounges suck and are VERY unreliable (they all have 1 TV each at most and most students here refuse to buy their own TV so there will generally be people using it)

how about upitt?

pockyD

Smash Legend
sounds lame

can we get an actual count of people who are interested in smashing thursday afternoon-evening?

just increment the count and add your name if you're in

1 - Kevin

pdk

Smash Lord
depends on whose place we're doing it at for me, it's a drive of about 40 minutes already to get to duq so i'd need to know how far away our new home is

edit: also i'm trying to get someone else to start going to the duq weeklies and maybe sitc, i'd need to know exactly where and what time this will go down since i have to tell him

Top Bottom