• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

pockyD

Smash Legend
if the marth is fsmash happy enough and u dash cancel into shield fast enough you'll be rigth @ the hilt of marth's sword. I feel that its best used against fullhopped aerials.

i suppose if the marth is both ignorant enough to predictably fsmash your attack along with being slow enough to let you get all the way in on him

if you're playing a fsmash-happy marth, i'd just imagine dash -> spot-dodge -> usmash (jc from dash if necessary) would be much safer and more reliable, since you don't have to get to the hilt

and dash through, turn around, usmash is 100% more stylish than shield-smash =)

Na!l

Smash Journeyman
Today, me and switch and possibly Nancy will be there anywhere between 5-6 and staying late. Someone should point out Justin to me, I would like to Peach ditto with him. Also, Switch said he would like a Marth ditto with Swift, or another good marth.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
i suppose if the marth is both ignorant enough to predictably fsmash your attack along with being slow enough to let you get all the way in on him

if you're playing a fsmash-happy marth, i'd just imagine dash -> spot-dodge -> usmash (jc from dash if necessary) would be much safer and more reliable, since you don't have to get to the hilt

and dash through, turn around, usmash is 100% more stylish than shield-smash =)
i guess spot dodge works, but then if he smashes a bit late or early then ur a dead fish in the water, especially @ high percents. Its much smarter to block and give him the chance to hit the shield / grab instead, because even if he gets a grab off you'll at least be able to DI in some form/not get comboed(high % of course)/sent off the stage in one hit.

once again, i think doing this for aerials is a much better approach but u might be able to catch some ppl off guard with this way.

pockyD

Smash Legend
Today, me and switch and possibly Nancy will be there anywhere between 5-6 and staying late. Someone should point out Justin to me, I would like to Peach ditto with him. Also, Switch said he would like a Marth ditto with Swift, or another good marth.
just listen for the sounds of consecutive multi-hit dsmashes, followed by "YOU'RE SO GAY"

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
someone should make a sig(even if its half a$$ed) with a clickable pic to the SitC3 event. You kow like how there were so many cataclysm sig floating around? we should all have one.

pdk

Smash Lord
i expect many pennies to trade hands today

and more importantly much recording equipment to be brought

also kwalk drive to a meineke in ohio; RIGHT SERVICE, RIGHT PRICE

K_Walk

Smash Apprentice
I'm probably attending to Duq today, it'll be my 3rd time.

Hey Na!l, I'll Marth ditto Mr. Switch, although if he takes Green Marth first I will probably lose. But that's okay, apparently I heard Green Marth is associated with the high and mighty Cactuar anyway. And yeah, I really need to begin learning faces <--> with Smashboard names, aside from Taki, Justin, Swift, Naka, and any1 from CMU, I don't really know the names of anyone else if I were to see them. So whomever I play you will probably hear me ask for your name today.

And if I go I wanna get some matches in with A-Laon. Regardless of how defunct and nonexistent SCS is by now, at one point or another we were both in the same crew so I gotta see how his Falco stacks up. Oh yeah, and I guess the same goes for Sweetooth. Hmm, yeah so that's it, see you guys there.

cowboyardee

Smash Journeyman
just for the record, my marth is the best...

because I'm a nurse (sorta)*

*do not try to argue with this logic cuz if you do, one day you will aspirate and choke on that greasy-*** pizza at the night spot and rob, tim, taki, and kevin will all be sitting around wondering what to do since an effective mix of ground-based grabs and shiffled fairs =/= introductory-level medical knowledge, and I am a bitter, vengeful person.

pdk

Smash Lord
there is a simple solution to saving someone who's choking on the nightspot's greasy pizza:

go down to sbarro and get even more grease

cowboyardee

Smash Journeyman
there is a simple solution to saving someone who's choking on the nightspot's greasy pizza:

go down to sbarro and get even more grease

Perhaps, but what if the choker is also diabetic and pregnant, perhaps in labor? Do YOU know to properly maintain a birthing position and healthy blood glucose levels while administering the heimlich? If you had your way, toxic levels of pepperoni would cross right through the placenta causing a lifelong defect wherein the child thinks Will Ferrel is "like, a comic genius, bro."

You think I'm a one-trick pony or something, pdk? Sit back down, son.

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps, but what if the choker is also diabetic and pregnant, perhaps in labor? Do YOU know to properly maintain a birthing position and healthy blood glucose levels while administering the heimlich? If you had your way, toxic levels of pepperoni would cross right through the placenta causing a lifelong defect wherein the child thinks Will Ferrel is "like, a comic genius, bro."

This is why we love cowboyardee <3

Na!l

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so now its Me, Switch, Andy/Nancy, and possibly his girlfriend Cassie....and i have no idea who she is...its cool?

pdk

Smash Lord
gonna be there bout 5:30, got plenty of pennies but no $5 mm for harm yet since i just deposited my monies a few days ago and kept a few $20s

and you know my brilliant solution for choking on grease is fool-proof : (

A-Laon

Smash Master
Yay! I don't (quite) suck *** anymore!

Rob / Evan: I'm free all weekend and also all next week courtesy of spring break, so if you guys are available, you're both welcome to come up to my place if you so desire.

Cowboy: Carry on, my wayward son.

Kwalk: Glad that we finally got to play. Good games in that set.

Taki: lolololol Falco

Naka: Rock on.

Renth: Get your ****ing license.

TSK: I'll be gayer next time... gg

Taki: lolololol Falco again

Nail: We still need to play.

Team 'Hey ****': Good sheeit.

A-Laon: Whoa, I'm shouting out to myself. How rediculous.

...and there was something meaningful that I had to say, too; however, in the time I've taken to make all those needless shout-outs, I've totally forgotten what it is...

Na!l

Smash Journeyman
Yay! I don't (quite) suck *** anymore!

...and there was something meaningless that I had to say, too; however, in the time I've taken to make all those needless shout-outs, I've totally forgotten what it is...
Fixed

Thanks for the games today. We had fun. See you guys next time.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I really just wanted to throw this out there . . .

I really f#!@ing <3 CowB. I mean, if this was like facebook, and we could make smash boards groups, I'd totally make a "I really f#!@ing <3 CowB" group and force you all to join or forever suffer from multiple pokes a day.

fj2

Smash Rookie
I had fun today. I love how **** (richard) chang's name keeps getting censored on the boards.
haha dude, the only reason I didn't make my user name "D*ckChang" is because I knew the boards would throw a fit.

but yeah, getting 4 stocked cause taki kept shine spiking my peach was more than embarrassing. good thing only heynivek was watching.

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
I had fun today. I love how **** (richard) chang's name keeps getting censored on the boards.

harm's samus is my hero.

Sheik's chain grab on yoshi is not annoying enough.

I was going to quit samus because shes soooooo queer, but now that i have a fan i couldn't:laugh:

hahahahah your yoshi issss soooooo sweeeeet. Mad props for playen him in a tourny:)

I am very happy i placed yesterday, but i think i am going to need to get better/play someone gayer if i am going to want to beat wes/tim consistenly.

props to everyone
special props to nail destorying on ddr and alan owning on guitar hero :laugh:

o and i had an absolutly ridiculous dream last night with me rob wes and pocky......it was so freaken wierd but funny.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Yea, Nail has mad skills on the DDR pad. .__.

Tim, Good set, and great practice for my C.falcon.

Wes, Mike nasty goodness. :)

Alan, I hate your guitar hero skill. >.> Rock on!

Cowb, Keep workin on that puff and marth. :) Its looking good

Evan, Your fox is pretty sweet i'd say.

Kev, You sit out to much. Doc dittos were fun as always.

TSK, ...what the hell does that mean!?

Shiek, Playing you is less gay when you can't chain grab.

Taki, CHILLIN!! :D dude, stick with marth. We need a marth main in the group.

Rob, Good matches as always. :) <3 your Y.link

D20

Smash Lord
GGs all around as always.

I'm slowly getting Marth's match ups down... with the possible exceptions of Falco, other Marths, Sheik, and... Dr. Mario? I'm coming for you PockyD. You ended my winning streak at the Marth only TV, too. Geez!

PS - 'The Legacy of Young Link' might be updated tonight... stay tuned!

TSK

Smash Apprentice
TSK: I'll be gayer next time... gg
Haha good games man, I'll just have to be gayer and powershield more next time too then ;)

Good games today (er, yesterday) finally got to play A-Laon, Harm, PDK, TSK.
Yeah, it was nice to finally get to play you.

I really just wanted to throw this out there . . .

I really f#!@ing <3 CowB. I mean, if this was like facebook, and we could make smash boards groups, I'd totally make a "I really f#!@ing <3 CowB" group and force you all to join or forever suffer from multiple pokes a day.
Just make the group on facebook then lol, you know we'd all join because cowB is just that awesome :cool:

Also, if anyone didn't know already, the last day duquesne will be open next week is Wednesday because of Easter break. I'm not sure if the nitespot will be open all day wednesday or not but maybe we could all get some smash in tues or weds if you guys want.

pdk

Smash Lord
the weeklies are pretty much all i got right now as far as smashing goes (though my spring break starts on april 2 getting in games with 1 or 2 people is still lots of driving), how many people have the time to make for some games at duq on wednesday then?

xyt

Smash Lord
well..... couple o questions..
anyone know much about this ddr thing that happened on friday?
like..
is it a nitespot hosted thing?
what kinda pads they were using?
what the game they were using was called?
*curious* @_@)..

Top Bottom