• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
And on yet another totally different note:

Is anybody planning / thinking of planning / even remotely interested in planning to do anything for this weekend? I'm going through a bit of smash deprivation and it's been a long while since we've done anything on a weekend (outside of Colver).
I am definitly up for it, maybe my house or robs this weekend?

pockyD

Smash Legend
i'd probably be up for smashing this weekend

i'm on a 5day streak and not feeling sick of smash yet =o

edit: how did recording work out friday? was the vcr thing a good/bad idea -_-

more importantly any chance of recording regularly? or someone tell me what kind of equipment i'd need to get to do some camcorderless recording if possible

A-Laon

Smash Master
I'm still coming this Friday, but I'd like to play a little more, especially with next week off for me and also a tournament nearing.

Additionally, Fritz has a very good digital camera that we've used to record a lot of our own stuff -- even without a splitter, the quality is more than satisfactory. I could probably get him into doing some recording in the future, but the camera's memory capacity is less than admirable, so it would have to be reserved to fewer, select matches.

xyt

Smash Lord
i do have a digital cam w/ good quality
and technically i could bring my laptop and transfer/record as we go along
to empty memory for the next match
but yea.. it'll probably be one match at a time @_@)..

pdk

Smash Lord
that'd be grand, how long do you think the transfer and such would take between matches?

(plus just need to nag taki/fritz to bring their stuff and we could have the HOLY TRIFECTA OF RECORDING, picture it guys)

pockyD

Smash Legend
i'm pretty sure the transfer time from camera to computer is almost always equal to the recording time, so we'd be looking at alternating between recording and not recording even if someone wanted to commit to running the transfer the whole time, which is no good

if someone can figure out definitively what's necessary for a quality VCR recording, i would definitely look into that

A-Laon

Smash Master
Well, with two cameras, we could simply trade off which one records while the other transfers...

And even if you didn't want to mess with doing that much -- how many matches really need recorded? I imagine the hardrives of the two cameras combined, regardless of how small, could still make for a reasonable number of recorded matches when the two are combined.

For reference's sake, Fritz's camera alone can hold about 12 matches.

pdk

Smash Lord
the transfer rate isn't capped to 60fps like the recording is (assuming this is all digital) and there's the bandwidth of the port to consider, i don't see how the transfer and recording times would be equal

and wasn't there someone else in here who was planning on bringing a camcorder a few weeks ago?

pockyD

Smash Legend
sheik was referring to a plain ol digital camera, not a camcorder

and of course not 'all matches' need to be recorded, but the idea is record as many as possible and only post good/relevant ones, not decide ahead of time that "this match will be posted" then record it

and my sources for transfer time = play time are naka, taki, and renth, who are incidentally the only people i've met in person that have done recording; if i'm wrong it's because they're all wrong

Renth

Smash Hero
sheik was referring to a plain ol digital camera, not a camcorder

and of course not 'all matches' need to be recorded, but the idea is record as many as possible and only post good/relevant ones, not decide ahead of time that "this match will be posted" then record it

and my sources for transfer time = play time are naka, taki, and renth, who are incidentally the only people i've met in person that have done recording; if i'm wrong it's because they're all wrong
lol, i'll get the vids up when i can XD i haven't had much time to work on them.

pockyD

Smash Legend
smashtality 3 is 6/2-3 20 mins from my place at home =)

i'd offer housing to you guys that are "closer" (wes/tim, anyone else from tristate area) but i don't even have my own room at home =[ (i sleep on the couch)

pockyD

Smash Legend
huh? @_@).. what are we talking about all of a sudden?..
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=94972

30 mins from you in NJ, if you are going home for the summer

edit: point being that if i don't find a summer job, which it's looking like i'm not, then this will be the summer of traveling around and playing smash =)

also i just went a whole day without playing smash... i'm feeling empty and withdrawn

Nakamaru

Smash Master
If i have nothing by then i might show up. That is if i feel like driving so far. -_- I think i've driven a longer distance for smash than everything else i use a car for combined.

@Wes
--About going to Mow's fest. I have a seat, but its not the most comfortable. Nither really are for long car rides, but if you want to go. Its all yours. Although it may be Tim, Taki, and renth in the back seeing as they are the smallest of the 4 going. :/

BooThunder

Smash Journeyman
hey everyone its a little late to be saying something now but I'm smashing tonight at around 900 or 930 with Cowboyardee and a couple buddies of mine so if anyone wants to join just call me and I have a car so the possibilites of getting a ride are open if you call me fast enough.4123524019 btw no johns ftw

D20

Smash Lord
I'd drive people to Mow's smashfest, cause I have one of those automobile things... but I guess I wasn't cool enough to get an invite. However, Mow might just want to settle that $50 MM with Corey... PeAcH iS bRoKeN.

Renth

Smash Hero
I'd drive people to Mow's smashfest, cause I have one of those automobile things... but I guess I wasn't cool enough to get an invite. However, Mow might just want to settle that $50 MM with Corey... PeAcH iS bRoKeN.
If you want an invite i could talk to Max for you i'm sure he'd be cool with it

pockyD

Smash Legend
If you want an invite i could talk to Max for you i'm sure he'd be cool with it
ask him for me too... i'm probably going to be very busy that weekend but on the chance that i'm not, i'd like to be able to change my mind (provided that there's a ride somewhere)

i'd be able to bring a TV too if that's a deciding factor =)

Top Bottom