• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

TSK

Smash Apprentice
Could Rob or Naka possibly give me a ride to Mow's smashfest? I'll take the smallest/crappiest seat if one of you would be willing to let me tag along.

Renth

Smash Hero
Talk to Renth, Tim, and taki about who is gonna be squished in back if you want a seat in my car. If they are ok with it i will gladly take you. : )
I don't think i know you TSK but i personally could care less i rode for over 2 hours stuck in the front seat of a car with someone else mad uncomfortable this wouldn't be that bad and i've had worse.

TSK

Smash Apprentice
Thanks Naka & Renth... Wes I thought you already had a spot in the MCC car, I don't want to just take your spot :\ but whichever car I can get in I'll gladly be the person who gets to be most squished in, I'm skinny so it shouldn't be too bad lol

D20

Smash Lord
Ok, as of now, I'll be taking Evan, Wes, and Kevin... that leaves room for one more. I guess we'll be discussing housing and such this Friday. See you guys then!

TSK

Smash Apprentice
So for now perhaps mark me down for that last spot Rob? Then if someone else wants to come they could take that spot and I'll go with Naka instead and be the squished person in his car.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
I call shotgun. Anyways about the housing, like there is a list of hotels in the area and if we all chip in we should be okay with money. I dont care if we have like 5-6 guys in like a standard hotel room(maybe even more if needed).

xyt

Smash Lord
which tourny are you guys talking about?
is this hot cheddar w/ mcc car and squished tsk in naka car
about the mow invite thing? or.. ohio 4/7??
what's going on? @_@)!!

K_Walk

Smash Apprentice
Despite all of the heavy imploring, I don't think it's wise anymore to bank on my car going to Ohio. This doesn't necessarily mean I won't be going, but I know you guys wanted an answer beforehand and if I had to give an answer by today it would be No, for the weekend of April 6th-7th. You guys should start looking into other transportation if you still plan to go. Sorry.

That's essentially the majority of the entire weekend I'd be dedicating to this smash tournament, one of a mere eight weekends left in my entire college era. I play plenty hours of smash and I am content with the smash sessions I randomly get in these days. Still love the game, I just don't care to play smash for 10+ hours straight and have to drive 2+ hours for it unless I absolutely had nothing else to do.

Cheers~

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
wow soooo many tournaments

i am going to citc, ohio, nepa, mows

sweeeeeeeeetttt

we HAVE to have a sotd tournament this friday, i want to get a warmup.

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
Despite all of the heavy imploring, I don't think it's wise anymore to bank on my car going to Ohio. This doesn't necessarily mean I won't be going, but I know you guys wanted an answer beforehand and if I had to give an answer by today it would be No, for the weekend of April 6th-7th. You guys should start looking into other transportation if you still plan to go. Sorry.

That's essentially the majority of the entire weekend I'd be dedicating to this smash tournament, one of a mere eight weekends left in my entire college era. I play plenty hours of smash and I am content with the smash sessions I randomly get in these days. Still love the game, I just don't care to play smash for 10+ hours straight and have to drive 2+ hours for it unless I absolutely had nothing else to do.

Cheers~
Well looks like the tournament just got alot easier for the m.c.c. sorry guys.

sorry for the double post.

pockyD

Smash Legend

Cheers~

way to suck!!!~~!1111!

KratosAurion192

Smash Ace
So who all plays as link in Pittsburgh? I'm going off to school in October there and you better believe I'm going to try and play with you guys...

pockyD

Smash Legend
justin (maximusartemus, our resident peach player) plays some link, other than that, no one really

we eagerly await your arrival

Nakamaru

Smash Master
No one mains Link, but a few people can play him. D20 is our resident Y.link player.

Can't wait to play ya.

Does anyone know when the last duquesne friday is? Gonna see if i can't get someone to do the editing of the last friday.

D20

Smash Lord
The NiteSpot is run by students... it closes when classes end. So, the last possible Friday would be the 27th of April, but because it is so close to finals, I doubt it will be open that Friday.

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
i can turn around with the running short hop double laser with fox.....in turn i feel very special.:)

i am pretty sure taki/tim do this already but you can jump cancel up smash out of shield.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
actually i just started SH double lazering, like its kind practical if u can do it without thinking. I used to have to make sure i was far away enough and then think about the timing for it, then do it (BAD >_<). I still havent gotten it down like some other things I do but its coming along finally and when i get it down i will camp the **** out of everyone.

Usmash out of shield in a nut shell:

-beats(and ties) alot of L cancelled moves other that fast fallers and sometimes peach, cuz shes weird.
-the knockback from an aerial/attack while trying to do this may space you enough to miss it.
-it EATS DASH attacks up. dash attack happy peaches/samus are easy pray........umm yummy.
-***** puff if her aerial game is a bit too aggressive or not spaced correctly
-two solid ways of gettting it off
----beating dash attack with it(easy)
----dash cancelling with the shield and getting within the charcters spacing(a perfect example would be marth and his fsmash)

Top Bottom