• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

pdk

Smash Lord
can't it work at all with composite out? most of the cubes probably wouldn't have component out support anyway if i recall

pockyD

Smash Legend
well we'd still need additional hardware; just different types

if someone can confirm the nitespot will be open tomorrow i'll be there

edit: and if we want to record, in addition to the splitter/cables, we'll need a laptop (i won't have mine back until the summer, and sheik probably won't be there tomorrow so we won't have his)

pdk

Smash Lord
so in short you can still use composite as a last measure?

pockyD

Smash Legend
no, i don't have the proper hardware for that either

but if someone brought ALL of that stuff instead (1component -> composite, 1 composite splitter, 1 composite -> component (plus one more if the TV doesn't accept composite directly)) it's usable

just much simpler the other way

D20

Smash Lord
I can bring my laptop. It is a Dell Latitude D620... really standard. I don't know if that will work.

pdk

Smash Lord
if that's how it goes, then everyone who brings cubes to duq, check your cubes for component-out ports

pockyD

Smash Legend
if that's how it goes, then everyone who brings cubes to duq, check your cubes for component-out ports
all cubes come with the component cables

i don't understand at all what you're getting at here; using composites is infinitely more complicated and doesn't produce a better result at all

pdk

Smash Lord
all cubes come with the component cables

i don't understand at all what you're getting at here; using composites is infinitely more complicated and doesn't produce a better result at all
i recall some thing a while ago about HD/progressive scan/whatever support being removed from cubes later on, granted i'm probably on a totally wrong track here

and that wasn't vey nice alan : (

pockyD

Smash Legend
If i see one sheik ditto i'm dropping out

edit: if the nitespot IS closed today at some point, someone needs to make a post here so I don't travel for no reason

and also if it is closed, my place is open to get your smash fix (since it sounds like there won't be too many people)

D

Deleted member

hey pittsburgh. Myself and my friends from college are going to some anime con thing in pittsburgh apparently. Can anyone give us housing? We're too poor to get a hotel. I think there's 6-8 of us total.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Tekkoshcon is the only anime convention for a long while, so i believe they are talking about the 13-15th.

@Mow
--I can host two of you if you can't find stuff in pittsburgh.

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
vidjo said he is bringing a "secret partner". One of the poeple running the tourny knows who it is and said no one stands a chance, so its probally someone reallly crazy good.

Top Bottom