• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
I'm also game for today Kevin.

Vidjo's marth isnt as impressive as rob said -_-...

Nitespot is closed as of today, Tim.

i think its spacing is impressive, its just not fancy and doesn't try to combo out every chance it gets.

i guess i missed the memo about the nitespot, is it because of the holiday or is it like closed for the rest of the semester?

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
I'm also game for today Kevin.

Vidjo's marth isnt as impressive as rob said -_-...

Nitespot is closed as of today, Tim.
its not impressive.......but then you realize your getting 4 stocked, its really weird. I guess he just does everything at the right time. I mean his marth competes with all the pros.

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
We definitly plan on it. We'll show em how pittsburgh plays.

p.s. does anyone play oblivion for the p.c? i got turned into a vampire and am having some trouble.

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
yea except no one in any town will talk to me and i die if i go out in daylight. Do you actually play the game pocky?

pockyD

Smash Legend
my neighbors played it a ton last year

if you have specific problems i can ask them about it but no, i never played it personally

A-Laon

Smash Master
Yesterday, I came within 5 notes of the end of the hardest solo in all of Guitar Hero II -- the one and only solo I still haven't beaten. This tournament means NOTHING to me anymore. :mad:

</sarcasm, don't get any ideas taki>

pdk

Smash Lord
we got so many side notes in this thread i might as well join in the party with something halfway on-topic

anyway i've got some guy who says he'll start coming to weeklies next week and wants to bring a portable tv, this seem good or just redundant?

Nakamaru

Smash Master
yea except no one in any town will talk to me and i die if i go out in daylight. Do you actually play the game pocky?
If you didnt get cured at the early stages of turning into a vampire. Your stuck, but being one isnt all that bad. Sure there are alot of down sides, but the pros of being a vampire really make most of them a mute point.

A-Laon

Smash Master
Well, I'm off to get some sleep for tomorrow. I'll be out front of the Union building by 9 for pick-up.

btw: Tiger Woods is sucking in the Master's.

pockyD

Smash Legend
Well, I'm off to get some sleep for tomorrow. I'll be out front of the Union building by 9 for pick-up.

btw: Tiger Woods is sucking in the Master's.
seriously you guys? i could've sworn you both live west of downtown and seeing as you're driving west, it's a bit weird that you're meeting up at duq =\

whatever, good luck though; rep PITTSBURGH

xyt

Smash Lord
come to cmu to watch an awesome custom song/in the groove tournament
if you're not busy : D! it'll probably goin on till about midnight ish
201-916-5369
or calintzjereviban (aim)
: D!!

A-Laon

Smash Master
i keep getting my *** kicked around 56% of the song...XD

Six pisses me off too btw.
Six is by far the hardest song in the game to 5-star.

All I really have of note to say regarding the tournament in general is that Drephen and Joe Bushman also attended in addition to Vidjo.

Personally, just a few of my own experiences:

I lasted the longest of us all in the singles, first losing to Vidjo (yes, indeed he went Peach on me... for a double four-stock -- unbelievable -- I absolutely couldn't touch him) and then smoothly proceeded through the loser's bracket taking out what were mostly average players (until my epic battle with Evan, ending in the illusion spike for the ages) until I reached Sliq, a very skilled and smart Jiggs that took me out. I'm going to try to make an educated guess that I got 5th. Earlier in the day, I had started a match with Drephen and was actually winning, but was forced to quit in order to start doubles.

I've learned from this experience that, in a nutshell, we all suck.

I'm fully intent on heightening our level of play in the future by whatever means necessary. It's the only way to improve at this point, and it's an effort I'm very much willing to put forth.

Outside of that little anecdote...

LOLOLOLOLOLZ EVAN GOT TEH SPIIK!

A-Laon

Smash Master
You'll have to wait for them to post -- I only posted my own as I'm not really clear on many details for everybody else. In general though, I don't really think anybody went out too early, even though we all did horrid in doubles.

Top Bottom