• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

GraphiteZeppelin

Smash Rookie
Yo I am looking to play some smash. I met some of you briefly at bears pitt tournament, I am some scrub from the Pitt Smash club. Whats the policy on me showing up to a smashfest sometime?

bearsfan092

Smash Journeyman
You just go, although letting people know you're coming is nice. There's one at Carroll's place tonight

Cranzor

Smash Rookie
I live in Erie, but it'd be cool to make it out and play with you guys eventually. Any age policies? I'm 16, not sure if people are cool with that or not.

Dees

Smash Journeyman
I live in Erie, but it'd be cool to make it out and play with you guys eventually. Any age policies? I'm 16, not sure if people are cool with that or not.

Yo, I'll be going to gannon this fall and my friend Sweet is going to penn state behrend. Where do you live in Erie?

Edit: We both are home in ashtabula for the summer, about 35 minutes away from erie.

Sweet™

Smash Famous @PennStateSweet #SweetNation
Premium
Yo, I'll be going to gannon this fall and my friend Sweet is going to penn state behrend. Where do you live in Erie?

Edit: We both are home in ashtabula for the summer, about 35 minutes away from erie.
PennStateSweet tho. Second year.

16 is old enough.
Few questions:

Do you have a car?
Where at in Erie timewise from the mall?
How long have you been playing, and who do you play as?

jbro

Smash Ace
that feel when all these new heads

that feel when i will no longer be the worst player in pittsburgh

EDIT: sweet why are you ****ing interrogating the new kids

Sweet™

Premium
I'm not, I'm just asking if they have transportation to smashfests. Marco can't have a car first year at Gannon I believe.

I just didn't want to be the only driver. Lol.

Cranzor

Smash Rookie
Good to see age isn't a problem! Also, didn't know about Carroll Fest 4. Might have to try to make it out there. I might be on vacation in North Carolina then, but it'd be cool to go if I'm back by then.

No car, unfortunately. Maybe this will be what finally forces me to actually go get my permit...
I'm about 15 minutes from the mall.
Basically just started, so I'm a little nervous about playing with others. I figure I'd probably learn a lot from playing and watching matches though. I play as Marth mostly, but I'm interested in Ness as well.

Didn't known about the scene in Ashtabula. That's awesome. Unfortunately, I think getting a ride might be hard and I'm not sure if my parents would be okay with Smash dudes picking me up. Like I said, I should really get to work on getting that license.

Dees

Smash Journeyman
15 minutes from the mall eh? Could you take a bus to gannon or behrend? We could try to grow a scene in erie during the school year.

Sweet™

Premium
Agreed with DEES. Erie is kinda dead now. Vudujin used to go to Edinboro, and UmbreonMow used tl live here.

My Marth is alright, and I looove playing Ness for fun, so it shouldn't be too hard to for you to get better quicker. Do you have any friends interested in playing Melee, or at least Project M?

The EBus has routes allll over Erie. A car is defintely more beneficial though for tournament purposes. Last year I went to Big House 2, Apex 2013 and more, and definitely plan on their successors plus RoM, etc. I'm a big tourney goer.

DEES (Marco) and I (Dylan) are great with parents. We dress nice and stuff. Smashfests shouldn't be a problem. We've got a month til move in day, and we'll be there for 9 months.

Marc, can you link the Facebook smash group? I'm on my phone. Lol.

Cranzor

Smash Rookie
Cool, made a Facebook account so I could join.

I hadn't even considered the bus! That could be a viable option if I've got no other ride. My brother is going to Behrend (not living there though) so I'd probably be able to get a ride that way as well if schedules line up.

Also, don't really have any friends interested in competitive Smash. Some play casually, but I don't think they care much for it beyond that.

Oh, a friend and I will probably be going to Carroll Fest 4 if I'm back in time. Like I said, he's not really interested in competitive Smash, but he thinks hanging out and going to a tournament could be fun. We'll be doing doubles together (and getting absolutely destroyed) and I'll be doing singles (again, getting absolutely destroyed lol).

Dees

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure you can get better than me in a few months. I lost most of my competitive drive and I haven't improved since last year lol. I used to go to smash stuff to improve, now its more like I go there to hang with homies and improve just a little.

Cranzor

Smash Rookie
I'm sure you can get better than me in a few months. I lost most of my competitive drive and I haven't improved since last year lol. I used to go to smash stuff to improve, now its more like I go there to hang with homies and improve just a little.
Not so sure about that lol. I am pretty bad. Actually, really bad. And yeah, I'm not sure I've got much of a competitive drive myself. I'm not super concerned about placing high in tournaments or anything.

Im gay. Hope thats not a problem.
Of course it's not. Why do you think I'm going to your tournament with a friend who's not interested in Smash? I was hoping to bet him instead of cash if I played you in a MM.

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
alright, i found a cube and a melee disc. you are more than welcome to come to lawrencville and smash tonight, tomorrow or thursday night.

Ambix

Smash Ace
there's going to be a fully stocked bar at CF4.

Nick can wear a thong and wave his junk in my face as long as i can get some liquor in me.

EDIT:

No homo though.

silentSWAG

Smash Lord
smash brother plaing time together today londell and i are geting some in for GH the sit com or taost house if ur hungry. box

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
when & where are yall playing? i am willing to go somewhere to play and all are welcome to come to lawrenceville and play here

bearsfan092

Smash Journeyman
I just want everyone to take a moment of silence for everyone's favorite standard fox/coach.

We will miss you greatly Carroll. Hope all your stuff gets sorted out.

Except when we still hang out or maybe the occasional tournament.

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
Basically Im leaving the game. CF4 is gonna be the last for me and YOU ALL NEED TO BE THERE.

Well first off heres my public apology for the incident at hand. let me explain in case you were'nt there. Obviously i dont need to get into the issues ive had with my brother in the past but PLEASE dont think that any of this really has anything to do with smash. Far from it.

Basically this is how it went down.. Durring Lonnie D vs Sweet. (A match I was VERY interested in as i pretty much set it up early in bracket.) it came down to a very close game three. A couple people watching, notably me and johny. Now i was really pulling for lonnie here. Id chime in here and there with a "Good **** Lonnie" or a "Shake it off Lonnie" nothing more than that because I know the tourney nerves are real and there need to be nothing more than what i was doing.. Now Johny on the other hand talked alot durring this set to lonnie,rather then just cheering and letting londell so his thing. johny was giving long periods of tips and advice in the middle of their match. i saw a change in lonnies gameplay. johny wasnt helping lon win or play better, he was doing quite the opposite. Obviously you know how my tolerance for johny and his antics are already paper thin as it is..

I say to johny plain and simple "shut up" to which he get REALLY (maybe an inch away from my face.) close to me and says "Dont tell me what to do." I do shove him out of my space. that is not unreasonable I feel. he walked over a good 2 feet to get RIGHT in my face and say that. After my deffensive shove he swings at me. (first time ive every seen him do anything like this) to which i respond. "dont ever swing at me again" and hes puts down his stuff and swings at me maybe 3 more times and even tried to kick me. At this point (Scifi Mike I believe) steps in and kind of pushes johny away and get my flip flops back and sit down. Johny storms out of the room still yelling at throws his controller at the door before leaving to cool off.

OBVIOUSLY THIS IS BAD. I KNOW THIS. IF IT REALLY IS MY FAULT FOR THE INTICIAL SHOVE I APOLOGIZE. And im not gonna assume the very likely possibility that johny was under the influance of something but his rage did not end there.

AND OF COURSE AFTER ALL OF THIS GUESS WHO HAS TO PLAY IN WINNERS SEMIS!?
PGH Carroll and SIlentSwag. I say to him "johny its whatever, its done and it ends here." I put out my fist for a pound. He pounds back. we play our set. goes to a very close game 3 and he edges me out. I nod my head and shake his hand. At this point im PERFECTLY FINE. I played a good set. I move on to losers I play the rest of my matches. johny on the other hand..

At the end of VaNz and Johnys set johny shoots up the moment he loses, and throws his controller and starts swearing up a storm and yelling. actually swearing at vanz to which vaNz shugs him off and takes the higher road. They meet again in GF's and nothing out of the ordinary happens. alrthough i think i saw johny kind of talk to vanz in a angry manner while playing. but not really any of my business.

As im packing up Goast pulls me aside and reiterates that this kind of stuff has no place at a tourney and that if something were to actually happen then it would be his ass and he really shouldnt have to put up with that. to which I totally agree 100%. I explained my side of the story and apologized for the incident. im embarrassed that this is even happening. As im talking to goast i see (and later confirmed) johny yelling at ambix about money and gas. ambix then later talks to me and says just as i was saying earlier that hes not putting up with johnys **** and that he sees that johny is really on edge (HAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHHA) and its best to not even bring it up.

So thats that. im not asking for people to pick sides or feel a certain way about johny, but under stand that these issues are for the most part just pent up frustrations that only really come out in the heat of these competitions. SADLY this is the downfall of our brotherly relationship. Between his heavy drug use and smash weve drifted so far apart from each other ever since i moved out of my mothers house two years ago. he started getting into some bad stuff and and i wasnt really around much to be there. and i only really see him at smash related things so smash has really turned into the ONLY mutual thing we have. And trust me, smash is the last thing we need.

Without getting too far into me and johnys issues let me just apologize once more that ANYONE was ever effected by this. to be quite honest i feel like at this point our relationship is broken beyond repair and ive come to the hard discision that I need to cut both him and Smash out of my life.

So after Carroll Fest 4 Im gonna hang it up. and ill be officially retiring from competitive SSBM. I feel like at this point its the best move for me and my health. I dont plan on losing touch with you guys and Ive meet some of the greatest people on earth through this game. met some of my best friends and been some AMAZING Places. My Samsh career for what it was, was some of the best times of my life. i wouldnt change any of it for the world but even though ive gained all these great things and done almost all there is to do in this game at my level. somewhere along the line i failed as a brother and tried to connect with him this game as it was the last mutual thing we had and it not healthy for either of us. I hope to see you all out for CF4 and hope that none of this scares you off because im REALLY working hard to make this the best event i can make it. More so id like my last tourney to be spent with all of you guys that made the last 5 years of my life some of the greatest times of my life.

Also PGH Carroll vs SilentSwag is gonna be hype. wouldnt wanna miss the last match of my standard fox career. :^)

Vudujin

Smash Lord
Nick when is CF4? I'm gonna call off work and be a player/DJ if there's no noise ordinance of some sort.
You also have a great talent for singing, and if there's ever a moment you wanna come up here for some constructive creative outlet of sorts, then just say the word.

Even if smash was the last thing you had left with your brotherly bond, at least you were still trying in some way.

Johny, there is such a thing as responsible usage; people with jobs who take care of those around them, and maybe need a moment to unwind or a celebratory cause, but seriously. . . . you're in high school. I went through the same exact thing with my brother. Ask Aaron or Mike. You won't have a clear retrospective view toward your actions until your head is clear. Yes, getting high can make you feel enlightening albeit veiled through a pseudo-intellect, but it's entirely subjective. You two but heads from not seeing eye to eye, but Nick is just trying to look out for you through his disapproval of your smoking habits. You can't see through his eyes until they're like his. . . . sober.

Don't ever get stuck in the sky when you're high.

Top Bottom