• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I'm a Braves fan and even I was shocked at the stupidity of that call.

It's a shame an epic 19-inning game had to end like that.

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
He slide didn't even make it all the way to home plate. I was watching it with my dad and we were talking the inning before about how rough the game must be on the home plate umpire (they have to crouch down behind the catcher before every pitch which for nine innings alone is rough on the body). Must have been miserable enough for him to just want the game to end, I was laughing actually when it happened because it was so painfully blatant.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
i just watched the highlight of the call on you-tub. Firstly i can't even imagine watching a 19 inning game let alone playing/umping one. But that aside it is very unprofessional just to botch a call just so you can go home. Did they go over footage of the play, and he still insisted it was the right call or what?

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
They didn't go over any footage because baseball is still living in the stone age and doesn't use instant replay for anything except borderline home runs.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
it was just... not even a little bit close. at least the jim joyce call was kinda close, but this one... gawd, anyone even vaguely familiar with how baseball works knew he was out.
Lol.

I perfectly fit this criterion.

I had to watch the video after reading this.

He wasn't even close.

We didn't need instant replay, just common sense.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
he said at the time he really thought that the catcher sweeped over and missed the tag. after seeing replays he didn't really have remorse like joyce did, but admitted that "maybe he got him on the shin area". it looked like he blocked the whole damn plate and held on to the ball. safe call was ridiculous.

M@v

Subarashii!
I don't know how the whole penn state situation is looking yet, but if we don't get a full car going to APEX from Penn State, how about we split a room with any of you guys going at the hyatt regency?

As of now from Penn State, Berserker(The tall Ike player with glasses) and I are going. Others want to come, but I don't know how their funding is looking at the moment.

Abate

Smash Journeyman
So I just moved to Monroeville, PA and I have no one to play melee with. I'm gonna be craving it real hard in a week does anyone want to meet up?

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
Well... the EVO livestream was awesome!

Lord Knight repping both the east coast and the smash community, taking 2nd in Blazblue :D
He's a cool dude, slept at my house one time for a tournament. Did not know he ***** BlazBlue in addition to Smash.

Vudujin

Smash Lord
We seriously need to start Pittsburgh music jam weeklies. When are the bards of the boards free?

Good stuff, Logan

DickChang

Smash Journeyman
Well... the EVO livestream was awesome!

Lord Knight repping both the east coast and the smash community, taking 2nd in Blazblue :D
He's a cool dude, slept at my house one time for a tournament. Did not know he ***** BlazBlue in addition to Smash.
LK is pretty good at Guilty Gear and Arcana Heart as well. He got totally bodied in that grand finals match though... But that's cool, he could still wreck my sh.t any day of the week in those games.

Vyke

Smash Champion
My legs are frozen solid! You'll have to cut them off with a saw...

I can't do that Patrick, because I've already CUT OFF MY OWN ARMS

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
I remember the days when I would stuff you guys in lockers, take your lunch money, and pull down your pants in front of the girl you had a crush on.

Good times.

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
Then swift leaves and gives rise to kids like taki Arron and Jacob. Who started destroying kids left and right. Until recently when carrolls Marth rose above and sliced his way to pghs undisputed best melee player of all time.

And then I woke up.

It's silent swags birthday. He's 15. No longer impressive that he's kinda good at this game. Looooooool

:phone:

gouda

Smash Journeyman
YO HO HOOOOOO

AND A BOTTLE O' RUMMMMMMMMMM

Pat Just called me, He's got some time off nignogs. Wanna git together before friday yall? play some o dat der smash n at? some poker, tales, w/e?

Hit me up yall

Havent forgotten bout the musical fest with those interested too... planning is coming shortly.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
The over aggressive Nakamaru goes overlooked, but he shall be dominant once the prophecy comes true. For once he finds the elusive L-cancel and masters it. No one shall be safe.

Top Bottom