• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

D20

Smash Lord
Matt and I will be leaving Duquesne at 3. We'll call if we have any problems... cause I completely forget how to get there.

Dogosse Gier

Smash Journeyman
I have a bunch of orientation stuff to get to, so I won't make it to this one, but next time I'm solidly in unless I have to do homework or something. I'm new to college and all that, so I have no idea what to expect by way of out-of-class work.

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
directions:

1. go down forbes until you see cmu.

then park by the uc on the right and walk to the morewood building across the street.

We is taking the bus yo.

Anyway I can bring my Wii if that helps with the setups at all.

Fritz, I'm bringing my DS so that you can hack me my Pokemon team.

A-Laon

Smash Master
We seem to be gathering one hell of a crowd... how many TVs are even there? I was only there once, but as I remember it space was limited as were the TVs.

takieddine

Smash Master
they block online games @ duquesne.

and smash for this week is done...get back to us the next Friday.

keep up-to-date with posts here to see when/where the next event is.

heynivek

Smash Apprentice
good stuff yesterday, it was hot as hell though. I was brainstorming different solutions in my head, and I am thinking that if it continues to be really hot, we should consider starting at night @ cmu or we should figure out whether or not we can fix the lag in the duqesne tvs.

i did see that enough of us bring wii's for this to work, people just need to start getting component cables. They run from 18$-60$+ depending on what manufacturer you buy. one of the cheapest is madkatz that is around 15-18$, while its definitely a weak and less durable cable, I don't know how this affects the quality of the output though.

Renth

Smash Hero
A Challenge to Pittsburgh

Team Loss Vs. Pittsburgh Crew Battle

Standard Crew Rules
4-6 people
pre-set characters

$100 Dollars

You have plenty of time to come up with the people you want to use in this crew battle and plenty of time to figure out if you want to do it or not.

Do you accept or decline?

Dogosse Gier

Smash Journeyman
Team Loss is code for suck. Xyt should enter the tournament himself. He might also consider lurking moar?

Last I knew, Loss was made up of what little PA has to offer of actual good smash.

Na!l

Smash Journeyman
Woah, Gier, I havn't heard from/seen you since cranberry like...last year. I hope I see you at weeklies sometime

Renth

Smash Hero
Team Loss Vs. Pittsburgh Crew Battle

Standard Crew Rules
4-6 people
pre-set characters

$100 Dollars

You have plenty of time to come up with the people you want to use in this crew battle and plenty of time to figure out if you want to do it or not.

Do you accept or decline?
well.... ?

takieddine

Smash Master
what was that for?

there is no "pittsburgh crew".

its a pretty pointless idea given that its generally agreed upon that team loss would most likely win.

pockyD

Smash Legend
would be more interesting for you to battle TSA o_o

pittsburgh isn't a crew and i know this is going to sound offensive but there are fairly few people here that i'd trust enough to have any money riding on them

much less against a team where we already have little or no chance of winning

not to mention last time i checked team loss contained 3 members right? so do you guys forfeit or something since you can't meet the rules ;)

Renth

Smash Hero
would be more interesting for you to battle TSA o_o

pittsburgh isn't a crew and i know this is going to sound offensive but there are fairly few people here that i'd trust enough to have any money riding on them

much less against a team where we already have little or no chance of winning

not to mention last time i checked team loss contained 3 members right? so do you guys forfeit or something since you can't meet the rules ;)
Team Loss:

The Cape, Mow, Myself, Komo, Vagabond

R0H + COL

Smash Rookie
Team D.A.S.T.A.R.D.L.Y. is a group of college freshmen/high school seniors in the Pittsburgh area that has been playing smash for a couple years. Nonetheless, we are new to the smashboards scene and would like to improve as much as possible by playing against and competing with the best that pittsburgh has to offer. We heard about Duquense tournies and cannot seem to find when and where they take place.

We would appreciate any help on the subject from our pittsburgh buddies. There is a small tourny at Pitt on tuesday night . . . otherwise let us (a group of 8) know where and when you guys are playing as we are not familiar with names such as "the crew" or "team loss"

or if you're looking for a challenge =]

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
There is a small tourny at Pitt on tuesday night . . .

or if you're looking for a challenge =]

thats the worst ran tourney ever. If you go(which i strongly do NOT recommend, unless u like anime fans and puns :p) ask about a smasher named Tim T. and how he's won everyone they've held......>_>

they basically play timed freeforalls(3 min) with items and almost every stage on the random. Not too bad right?(wrong it takes like 3 hrs to finish and the people there dont rly know howto play) This Tim T. guy is registered by MLG as "semi pro" and he just goes there to win free money, because he plays freeforall exceptionally well. I dont think thats fair :[

AIM me or something ( Swiftbass ) so we can meetup and show u where we play smash @ duquesne every friday.

FYI im a junior @ pitt so i know what the pitt smash scene is like i live in tower C.

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
thats the worst ran tourney ever. If you go(which i strongly do NOT recommend, unless u like anime fans and puns :p) ask about a smasher named Tim T. and how he's won everyone they've held......>_>

they basically play timed freeforalls(3 min) with items and almost every stage on the random. Not too bad right?(wrong it takes like 3 hrs to finish and the people there dont rly know howto play) This Tim T. guy is registered by MLG as "semi pro" and he just goes there to win free money, because he plays freeforall exceptionally well. What a dyck right? :[

AIM me or something ( Swiftbass ) so we can meetup and show u where we play smash @ duquesne every friday.

Or Friend me on facebook!!!
http://pitt.facebook.com/profile.php?id=14219552

FYI im a junior @ pitt so i know what the pitt smash scene is like i live in tower C.

Tim you are just the epitome of helpfulness.

In other news, I got a set of component cables for my Wii. So I think that brings our playable Night Spot TVs total to.....two (I think). Basically we are 1 or 2 set of component cables away from being able to play in the beloved Night Spot again (3 TVs is pretty good, but 4 would be ideal for when we take over the entire room which is usually).

I got my cables at EB Games for roughly $17, yes they are the generic ones but whats the difference, we're only using them once a week.

Anyway it would be awesome if we could play at the Night Spot this Friday and hold a Smasher of the Day tournament to bring in the new school year.

Please actually respond to this rather than pass it up with useless spam, which is the usual case when someone posts something relevant to the title of this thread which is "The *Official* Pittsburgh Weeklies Thread".

Kthnxs, Pittsburgh Sucks.

Top Bottom