• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

R0H + COL

Smash Rookie
OF COURSE, me and shane played the game together when it first came out . . . just not as seriously as we do now. We've been friends since 4th grade and hes on D.A.S.T.A.R.D.L.Y. with me. Im guessing your that Doc Mario player hes been talking about???

Well he didn't do so well at the tourny last night as he got eliminated in a 3-minute free-for-all at a ****ty stage, but hes pretty good =] as far as team D.A.S.T.A.R.D.L.Y. goes

Renth

Smash Hero
yea, definately some good matches last night. just let me know when you guys are doing anything, and ill be there
Good **** sweetooth and once again it was nice to meet you and i figure i'll say this one more time

I'm soo goooddd :lick:

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Heya, the crowd didn't seem too disappointed to learn that you didn't show for the tourny Tim, lol.
of course, because its boring watching me win all the time >_> j/king but not rly lol. Im glad that things kinda sounded exciting towards the end, hopefully the event will help the number of attenders, because the past few years have been dismal. (y'all should goto pitt anime club*proceeds to plug*)

what was the format? just curious.

R0H + COL

Smash Rookie
what does anime club proceed?

And im not exactly sure what you mean by format... but for round one, it was 3 or 4 players with winner moving on. That brought it down to 16. Then it was four matches with 4players each. Top two moved on... Making it 8 left and they all received money (1-5 bucks besides the winner who got 57). Then it went to one on one 3-stock, but with ****ty levels still on . . .

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
what does anime club proceed?

And im not exactly sure what you mean by format... but for round one, it was 3 or 4 players with winner moving on. That brought it down to 16. Then it was four matches with 4players each. Top two moved on... Making it 8 left and they all received money (1-5 bucks besides the winner who got 57). Then it went to one on one 3-stock, but with ****ty levels still on . . .
* insert action text *

the thingy up there usually means that the person writing/speaking is doing, or does this. like in my previous statement I was plugging the anime club, so "I proceeded to plug the anime club".........in other words, I was trying to subtly advertise the pittsburgh anime club because they want more attendies.

and thats what i meant by format, thx

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
EDIT: i got a diff pair of HD cables since my other ones kinda were acting funny. so i'll bring those and my old ones to confirm the lag in the old ones that taki and naka apparently saw (i didnt feel any and i dont believe rob felt any either perhaps they were johning extra hard lolz)

Im compelled to bring my Wii as well i guess. FRITZ OR SOMEONE BRING DS AR!!! and ur pokemans

Na!l

Smash Journeyman
I'd join your anime club if I went to school at Pitt. What are the odds of people bein at duquesne on saturday? Not garunteeing my attendence, but im wondering if people will be there regardless, incase I decide to come. Also, tips to practice on my own, besides comboing lvl 1 Falcon, Fox, Marth, Falco? I also practice ATs.

Yeah, i know i misspelled every word over 4 syllables >_<

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
@nail im not that sure about peach practice but i know a few tihngs that you can do. Practice frame perfect ground floats(I.E floating perfectly just a bit above the ground and Fairing, Bairing, etc. like see how many times u can go the length of hyrule.

practice seeing the evil turnip while throwing turnips up....alot of ppl throw them up and up and sometimes dont see it until the other person does too.

you can also practice beating lvl 9 Cpus without Dsmashing, because all but too many peaches Dsmash too much in most matchups.

u can also float cancel waveland around the platforms on BF which is a fav of mine.

Na!l

Smash Journeyman
@Alan no really, what are the stakes, before u said loser plays Pichu all day, and i thought u were joking. Also, are there rules for competative GH?

@Swiftbass- thanks, i'll do that.

takieddine

Smash Master
a tiny bit of johning and a tiny bit of lag. like it wasnt as bad as the previous nitespot lag, but you can miss JC or shines out of shield etc..

A-Laon

Smash Master
@Alan no really, what are the stakes, before u said loser plays Pichu all day, and i thought u were joking. Also, are there rules for competative GH?
You can name the price. When can you do this?

Pro-face off, best of 5 songs -- first song is agreed on or chosen by someone else, the rest are counterpicks -- no Free Bird or Fall of Pangea due to length.

Also, I probably won't make it if we're going to Morewood tomorrow. I'm not feeling all too great and the last thing I need is that sort of heat.

Na!l

Smash Journeyman
I dunno when, kuz i dunno when im coming home. Friday i wont be home will like...8 at night, so im not even coming up. If people are smashing saturday, and theres no one at my house, ill definatly come up. Also, i assume this is on the PS2 version, what about lag?

pockyD

Smash Legend
also there is going to be smash with cmu's OGS this saturday from 3-8 p.m. or so

come get your dr. mario practice and KO with tippers at 6% (<-this was amazing, TWICE too)

i have more info if anyone is actually interested

Top Bottom