• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

Nakamaru

Smash Master
i got some new GnW skills i hope i can pull of on this friday.

@Wes
--When and where is that pre-release? Since this weekend is free i might go to that.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
@Naka
--David L Lawrence Convention Center.

I definately want some serious matches with Tim this time. Seems like he's the man to beat in town now, and I'd like to see what sort of tricksies I need to learn to get that good. I hope that I can get there by 5/6ish, but this project is looking like a bit of a *****, so don't be surprised if I'm kinda late.

BooThunder

Smash Journeyman
I will try to come this friday, its about time I play some smash again. rob if you're able to give me a ride there then give me a call, If i dont hear from you by tommorow evening I'll just call you and see whatsup. unfortunately I havent been practicing cuz my cube broke, but maybe i could still win a match or two.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero

@Naka
--David L Lawrence Convention Center.

I definately want some serious matches with Tim this time. Seems like he's the man to beat in town now, and I'd like to see what sort of tricksies I need to learn to get that good. I hope that I can get there by 5/6ish, but this project is looking like a bit of a *****, so don't be surprised if I'm kinda late.

sounds like a plan, FYI i'll there @ about 3:30-4ish

umm I may also be at the pre-release.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
ok, talk to me about it on friday if you want to show. I'm meeting up with another friend of mine from Pitt, but we're planning on getting there for the main event which might be earlier than you want to show. But whatever, just lemme know on friday and we can figure all this out.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
just bumping a bit so we can remind ppl.

@wesley
I dunno if its confirmed yet, but i hear one of the dragons will be the pre release card.

who is it from PITT? i know quite a few of them(probly all of them)

ROB_[MCC}

Smash Apprentice
sounds like a plan.

Btw im going ask for a 2-3 with everyone i face, i mean anyone can win matches once and go the next person for a while, but i wanna run some sets with everyone possible.

EDIT: do we have 4 setups?
I agree. We should play some sets so we get used to counter-picks and the overall tounament style.

I'll be bringing my setup as usual. I'm assuming Naka will have his, and if Cowboyardee comes, then we'll have all 4. Since there's always alot of people at the Nitespot on Friday afternoons, we won't be able to use all the TVs until around 4 or 5.

Anyhow, it sounds like we're going to have a nice turnout this week. I can't wait.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Rob you should make another smasher of the day certificate (butchered that word) and we can do another tournament thing. I need a little more tournament experience in just how its played rather than how to play the game.

If that made any sence

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Rob you should make another smasher of the day certificate (butchered that word) and we can do another tournament thing. I need a little more tournament experience in just how its played rather than how to play the game.

If that made any sence
running sets with ppl imo does that purpose but by all means if u wanna put a player of the day award up for grabs go head.

A-Laon

Smash Master
You can count me in for some sets. It's been too long, and last we left off was an idiotic rshl off the edge to my death in a totally inane in-game Tournament Mode match.

Evan-(Harm)

Smash Cadet
SMASHER OF THE DAY? i own one of those and i must say theres nothing like that paper in your hands....o the glory.

ROB_[MCC}

Smash Apprentice
I've got a good certificate lined up for this week if we want a lil mock tourny. This could get more intense than CyperCon...

maximusartemus

Smash Cadet
As the proud owner of an official, Ganandorf approved, Best Smasher of the Day certificate I must say that this will indeed get more intense then a cybercon tourney. Any one can win money, but these certificates are limited to only the few greatest. In short, I'm in.

Renth

Smash Hero
As the proud owner of an official, Ganandorf approved, Best Smasher of the Day certificate I must say that this will indeed get more intense then a cybercon tourney. Any one can win money, but these certificates are limited to only the few greatest. In short, I'm in.
Tear them up Justin you and Swifty got this.

You've got my ganons support ^^^ lol screen shoted out of one of my matches i just thought it was funny..

Oh yeah, Justin.. next time your home we need to get a lot of rounds in because we haven't in forever and you were my favorite to play with because you piss me off :laugh:

PlayaFritz

Smash Apprentice
Heh, well I won't be able to make these anymore guys, since I am no longer able to obtain a ride. Actually, I probably won't make anything but the cybercon tournaments, and even those may be limited.... none the less have a good time as always

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Alright this friday i'm gonna be testing out listening to techno while im playing smash to see if it will help me concentrate a little better. Just to let you guys know so you dont think im being rude or anything.

Unlike how cactuar has full conversations while kicking people's ***.

And sadly still no recording unless someone can bring something that i can dump all of the videos on. :/

Dory..?

Smash Apprentice
Tear them up Justin you and Swifty got this.

You've got my ganons support ^^^ lol screen shoted out of one of my matches i just thought it was funny..

Oh yeah, Justin.. next time your home we need to get a lot of rounds in because we haven't in forever and you were my favorite to play with because you piss me off :laugh:
Ganon cannt really give support, i mean hes evil, and hes all about destruction and misfourtune to all others but himself..............but i still love your banner.....?

And the picture does look like roy.......?

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
I could bring my laptop for you to dump all the video files onto Naka, but I'll only be there from about 3-5ish (I have work). I'll bring the laptop just in case anyone wants to get some matches video taped.

ROB_[MCC}

Smash Apprentice
Good stuff guys. That was probably some of the most fun I've had playing smash in a long time. I can't wait til next week.

High fives for Swift, who took home "Smasher of the Day" honors.

PlayaFritz

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, there is a good chance i will make it htis week, and i will be recording, one question though, should i bring i tripod, my camrera has a design that you cant prop up so, unless somebody is doin it by hand i will need that...Unless anyone has any Av splicers

Top Bottom