• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

Renth

Smash Hero
:tired:

Pikachu f smash
Falco fall off stage
Falco dead

any move hit falco...
falco fall off stage...

dead bird

falcos recovery is about as useful as ganons uptilt

pockyD

Smash Legend
i'm pretty sure this suggestion was already made recently but maybe this thread would get more attention from newcomers if we (read: taki) put "pittsburgh" somewhere in the title?

ROB_[MCC}

Smash Apprentice
As much as I want to hold cash tournies at the NiteSpot, I still think it's a bad idea. However, I will go with what the majority wants on this issue.

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
Well is everyone cool with what i posted to do on my tournament post? I thought we already figured this out.

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
For Those Of You Who Haven't Seen It In The SCS General Thread....

I regret to inform all of you that as of 5:13 PM EST Monday January 29, 2007 Corey (known as Dory...? on smashboards, also known as the kid who invented the business kick, also known as the kid at Duq with black and orange hair, also known as the kid who counter picked Gannondorf against Wes's Falco and won, also known as the inventor of the "He's so young" phrase (or maybe that was Evan....or Rob....or someone else...), and many other things) resigned from Super Smash Brothers Melee.

It was a dark day in Smash, and sad day for me because now I only have a Samus player to train with, and I hate playing against Samus.

ROB_[MCC}

Smash Apprentice
Well, looks like the banner needs to be updated...

We have open slots to fill. Someone join the MCC.

EDIT: Someday I will $50 MM somebody for you.

Renth

Smash Hero
Well, looks like the banner needs to be updated...

We have open slots to fill. Someone join the MCC.

EDIT: Someday I will $50 MM somebody for you.
You can $50 MM me :)

you know, i think i've quit this game atleast twenty times.... :laugh:

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
I think its stupid not to have friendly tournaments at duquesne, its basically playing just like usual except instead of staying at one tv playing the same person we get to play different people. And we get a freaken sweet certificate. Thats gay.

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
Evan, did you skip school to work on your washed up Samus game or something? Or maybe even your crap (cheap) Peach game.

Bu yeah like Ev said I have a feeling he'll be back in the game in a couple weeks.

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
I will destroy your falco any time, any where, and any place.....you just let me know, and i am astonished you just used the word "cheap" in ssbm, thats a true sign of a noob.
yea he will be back in a couple days.

Ok good naka, i don't like monies at duquesne.....there is no greater prize than the s.o.t.d. certificate.

Na!l

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so if there are no weather complications, RitN will be there this friday, parent free too! I have directions and i know how to get there, but 2 things: Where do I park? Do I have to pay to park? Other things required to get in?

ROB_[MCC}

Smash Apprentice
Parking always seems to be an issue. I live on campus, so I'm not the best suited to answer this question, but you can occasionally find parking on Stevenson Street (the first right after you pass the Palumbo Center). The parking there is meter parking, but I believe it is free after noon on Fridays.

Someone who drives, ya think you could help us out?

pockyD

Smash Legend
this is a certificate week right? i can't wait!

also naka, if you have a laptop you should probably bring it or something; we should try out some tournament software before you actually run your event (unless you already have some program or something that you're comfortable with)

Nakamaru

Smash Master
I can try and snag the family laptop for this friday, but really im just gonna have it for my Monthlys.

Na!l
--Parking by duquesne can be very tricky. Sometimes there is nothing, sometimes there is parking everywhere. Most of the time i'll just park in a little $5 lot by station square and walk the 10-20 minutes or so to duquesne. IM me at llxeell and i'll be glad to show you where parking is.

takieddine

Smash Master
yo Na!l i have my cell on the front post, so check that out, make sure you have it on your way here so you can let us know when you get stuck or something...

I would say definatley bring money for parking just in case. Other than that if you want to bring a GC setup feel free...I will sign you into the place.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
don't worry much about the setup, we usually have all we need. When you get there, they might say you need someone to sign you in, in which case, we'll get Rob or Taki to sign you in, and if not, you'll see the row of TVs with smash on them.

t3hEagleeye

Smash Rookie
Ello' just wanted to let youknow that I'm hoping to stop by this friday. I was wondering what skill everyone is. Is everyone like godlike or am I going to stand a chance. (I'm probably an 8 out of 10 on a really strict scale)

t3hEagleeye

Smash Rookie
Ello' just wanted to let youknow that I'm hoping to stop by this friday. I was wondering what skill everyone is. Is everyone like godlike or am I going to stand a chance. (I'm probably an 8 out of 10 on a really strict scale) Btw, you can IM me on TheNamesNuwanda9 if you want instead of replying here.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I don't know what a really strict scale is exactly, so I don't know how to answer this. . .

For the most part, we all use advanced tactics (L-canceling, wavedashing, dash dancing, ect), and are most certainly competent, but godlike is something we definately aren't. I like to think we're pretty good, but eh, you can be the judge of that, and even if you don't stack up, we're pretty friendly people and as long as you're cool, I'm sure you'll have a good time and learn a thing or two.

Na!l

Smash Journeyman
Thanks, ill probably be callin you, taki, when I get close. I will have the whole crew with me i think, so thats Na!l, Switchblade, Demon, and Ray (or Shawn). Do you need real names to sign in? And if it's snowing, dont expect us to be there...because my mom is like that...

Top Bottom