• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

A-Laon

Smash Master
as for blissey (****it...i can only have aromatherapy on it(egg problem)
bold/leftovers/nat cure
aromatherapy
soft boiled
u sure i can breed toss on it?
and ice beam.
Maybe it's just an issue in D/P, but there HAS to be a way to breed Toss onto Blissey. Ffs it's her primary move, and it definitely goes with aromatherapy.

Why don't you just ask Mow? I'm sure he can give you some 7-generation breeding chain or whatnot.

Attention to all the haters: The Pokemon conversation came about after an entire day of inactivity in this thread. See this as a reason to take it upon yourself to spam more often.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Noo! dont encourage him!

Just have sheik spam to his heart's content.

I dont know why, but i had a dream last night where i got to beta test brawl, and i couldn't wavedash. o.o; I was so sad.

TSK

Smash Apprentice
I believe Blissey can only have seismic toss via move tutor from either fire red/leaf green or emerald. However, I think ice beam is just as useful as I think it deals almost as much damage to most pokes plus more to a few annoying ones that would switch in to blissey. Or you could also consider having counter or stealth rock on blissey if you wanted.

Starmie seems pretty standard, I like psychic over tbolt for stab bonus but in your case keep tbolt because it's your only electric attack.

Definitely roost over steel wing on skarm.

Solid rock ability instead of rock head on rhyperior, and I disagree with Matt on the moveset, I would keep it as is since your only fighting move is brick break (maybe change to hammer arm?), I'm assuming rock wrecker is for killing subs, I like avalanche on him but you already have 2 ice moves so I guess it's fine.

Not too sure about dusknoir but I would consider replacing night shade with an elemental punch, eq, or shadow sneak.

A-Laon

Smash Master
However, I think ice beam is just as useful as I think it deals almost as much damage to most pokes plus more to a few annoying ones that would switch in to blissey.

Solid rock ability instead of rock head on rhyperior
Seismic Toss has a great quantity of PP, giving Blissey her potential to stay out and chip away.

Also, Solid Rock is only on Rhyperior -- but you need to have a Rhydon with rockhead to get it, otherwise it will be lightning rod.

TSK

Smash Apprentice
Meh a couple pp ups, and blissey should be fine with ice beam.

Also, he said it was rhyperior not rhydon, so I got confused I guess :\

A-Laon

Smash Master
Meh a couple pp ups, and blissey should be fine with ice beam.
If that were true than the metagame would show it.

Of course, beam also has the flaw of being resisted by certain types -- simply putting more holes in Blissey's defense, and with Blissey being centered around making a standing defense, the potential offensive advantages beam offers aren't the better aspect to bet on.

takieddine

Smash Master
what the hell are you talking about?

an offesnsive move(which is what blissey is really not good for) puts a hole in blissey's defence?
having ice beam doesnt make blissey less of a tank...

A-Laon

Smash Master
what the hell are you talking about?

an offesnsive move(which is what blissey is really not good for) puts a hole in blissey's defence?
having ice beam doesnt make blissey less of a tank...
I was talking about beam in direct replacement of toss. Not smart, unless you're planning a very unorthodox set anyway.

takieddine

Smash Master
I only had beam there because i couldn't breed toss, will talk to mow about that i guess...

toxic=good on blissey?

Also wesely and sheik are just jealous because they cant understand crap about pokemanz

takieddine

Smash Master
Unless you have any better discussion, you might as well quit Smashboards...

I do have a working VCR for recording today...so if you want more matches bring some empty tapes.

A-Laon

Smash Master
Pfft, who subscribes to threads? Nerd.

Whichever event match has you fighting the metal Samuses on Depths in definitely the hottest. You should totally money match that one.

Renth

Smash Hero
OMFG Naka!! your clips are with me!!

yay @ having 2 clips of you falcon punching me

p.s. Smash World Forums not pokeworld forums =)

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
The only way to get Seismic Toss on Blissey is through move tutor on leafgreen/firered or emerald. So I guess Ice Beam would be an ok replacement seeing as you cannot get it on Blissey any other way. Actually Alan was sorta right in saying not having Seismic Toss hurts Blissey's tanking ability or atleast the SkarmBliss combo. It is meant to go like this:

Get Skarm into play, spike as they switch to their Skarm counter, switch to Blissey b/c most Skarm counters are countered by Blissey, Seismic Toss their Blissey counter as it switches in (free 100 damage no matter what, whereas they could resist/take neutral damage from Ice Beam making it less effective since Blissey's SPAttk sucks), switch to Skarm and take the physical hit from their Blissey counter, spike again as they switch to their Skarm counter.

Rinse wash repeat till you have 3 Spikes up.

Without Seismic Toss this is alot less effective and gay.

Toxic is no good on Blissey because you'd rather paralyze with T-Wave.

Don't bother BPing to Blissey its a waste of time and it is to difficult. It takes 2 CMs to get her to above average SPAttk, 3 CMs to make her good enough. And a typical scenario for this would be you BP they pull there Blissey counter you don't do enough damage to 1HKO you are forced to switch. If anyone on your team should receive CMs it should be Starmie, with it's move set that at least deals neutral to all types (Ghost, Dark, Poison, Normal and Psychic are the only 5 that take neutral from all the moves on that set I think, therefore its not worth losing that to add Psychic over T-Bolt). One CM and Starmie could sweep a team with some good predictions.

I didn't know Blissey could learn Stealth Rock, can you have Spikes and Stealth Rocks up? If so I suggest Stealth Rock over Ice Beam on Blissey if you can't get Seimic Toss.

Just to through this out threre Herracross is "Teh Sex"
Choice Scarf Heracross, I have nothing left to say gg.

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
i havent been on here in a while and it looks like smash is dead and pocket monsters is in. I am going to get a 360 and play whatever popular shooting game is out.

takieddine

Smash Master

pdk

Smash Lord
PDK, get on it!

Please, stop the gayness!
why me : (

oh well then, ask and ye shall recieve; thread is now about KOF:

specifically aaron and frank need to get in some games through the miracle of mame sometime, and netplay isn't limited to friday afternoons!

but back on the subject of ssbm, falco does indeed have a bad recovery, worse than DK's i'd dare say!

Renth

Smash Hero
why me : (

oh well then, ask and ye shall recieve; thread is now about KOF:

specifically aaron and frank need to get in some games through the miracle of mame sometime, and netplay isn't limited to friday afternoons!

but back on the subject of ssbm, falco does indeed have a bad recovery, worse than DK's i'd dare say!
you fail.

Falco can get over it.

DickChang

Smash Journeyman
ok so I picked up those component cables for my wii. I went over to my plasma tv intending to check if they helped the lag any. so I started by playing smash with the normal VGA composite cables at 480i (the normal way that smash is played). mysteriously, the lag was COMPLETELY gone. the lag that had kept me from playing on that TV was completely gone and I have no idea why. so my testing just went out the window.
however, I can say that although there was no lag difference, playing smash in 480p with the composite cables is pretty nice. it just feels like the image moves along smoother and it doesn't affect my playing at all. its just prettier to watch.

Top Bottom