• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
Power rankings should be based solely on tournament performance like every other state power ranking and even the regional power ranking, if everyone else is doing it this way why aren't we?

That aside what time is it we are planning to meet on Friday?

Also I too am not impressed by Fox drill shining Zelda, I see Takieddine do it to Evan like mad and he isn't even rankedz lololololololololooolololloollklollkolkfkdlspplllololojkol taki is L33t hez pwnzorz allz.

All joking aside, Takieddine I <3 you and your beastly friendly Fox.

xyt

Smash Lord
and as Cactuar and Mow both stated before activity doesn't affect the inital list. it's like Cactuar is like top right now right? so if he stopped playing he'd go down to 8th? =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ90vRgfRZg
ehrm.. great statement.. really.. but.. what does the video have anything to do with? @_@)..
that was pretty hardcore **** though lol
but i forgive myself for i was japanese counter picked @_@)...

Please excuse me for being unimpressed by drillshining Zelda.
I was impressed.. [never seen anything like it before ..]
hmm.. even though it seems fox is a big counter pick against zelda
i'll still give cape credit, since that zelda in particular is the best one in the nation
hmm... ok.. i'm lost again. where am i @_@)..

takieddine

Smash Master
IF YOU PLAN TO COME TO DUQUESNE THIS FRIDAY TRY TO BRING A TV!

We plan to meet i guess around 2-3ish?

As it is we only have two setups, and you dont want to wait all day (because i won't lose ) lols.

That is all, my poketeam is halfway done:

Impish skarmory
adamant rockhead ryhorn
Modest staryu
Getting calm blissey
Modest espeon (can it B-pass)?
Sassy Dusknoir

Yayuhz...

takieddine

Smash Master
I'll update once the school year resumes and we have regularly maintained weeklies. right now these i'm unsure if everyone is going to keep coming to them.

*is sad schuckle can't use trickroom and powertrick together :(*

pockyD

Smash Legend
well i'm suggesting you change the first post for each event that you are running

you know,

"NEXT EVENT: This Friday, 7/13
WHERE: your mom"

etc.

it's not like we're going to run weeklies at CMU again next semester (well we could but I doubt it), so not like you need to worry about losing my carefully constructed information

heynivek

Smash Apprentice
wait what?

morewood is where like half the pittsburgh crew is gonna live this semester isn't it? added the fact that its easier to transport setups down the elevator than across a bus. I think its fine to keep weeklies there.

but its cool if you want to keep them at duquesne, i guess free food is ok and the room is bigger and air conditioned.

takieddine

Smash Master
mine is amazing. I'll sex it up a bit with more Marth. Speaking of which, SOMEONE BRING A WORKING VCR.

I have the means to upload the videos on youtube if you just give me a VHS tape with the matches on them, (also with no lag, thanks to my new computer).

I agree lets keep it @ Morewood. its actually closer to everyone than you think (except evan)

pockyD

Smash Legend
it's just generic

if you want a sig vid it should be something you do that people would recognize as you

like tim should have a run-through reverse fsmash -_-

pockyD

Smash Legend
that's not all that matters

1), there will still be 4 or more duquesners too (taki, tsk, rob, one other mcc guy (i forgot which), not to mention ben, etc) - numbers isn't a clear win

2) CMU students have free bus passes; they don't

3) CMU doesn't have parking until 5

4) the CMU lounge isn't always free (wtf @ people watching hockey)

5) free food?

i'm not saying duquesne is better (i haven't experienced this "new" gaming room yet), but thinking objectively, what does cmu truly have going for it besides being closer to YOU -_-

A-Laon

Smash Master
Holding weeklies at CMU next semester could potentially make my ability to attend far more difficult. It may not be much further, but it's "city driving" -- a factor that almost kept me from ever having a ride to weeklies in the first place. Not sure how well CMU would work out for me because of that.

heynivek

Smash Apprentice
that really hurts me when you say that i wanted to move it to cmu for my convenience. taking a bus to duquesne isn't that bad for me either. i was not aware of the other ppls transportation situations

The whole reason why we moved it to cmu in the first place was so we could play on tvs that wouldn't lag. its actually more work for us because we have to move down our tv and borrow some of our friends tvs in the building and then move them all back at the end of the day.

but since that problem has apparently been solved somehow i guess we can go back to duquesne if thats whats easier for everyone else.

takieddine

Smash Master
I agree with nivek, CMU has a better setup that is worth riding the bus for...

(that is assuming that we can actually reserve the place regularly).

Alaon, you're getting your sig today!!!

A-Laon

Smash Master
it's not city driving

duquesne is already on the other side of downtown if you're coming from the west
Well, I actually come from the North, and I'm only in downtown very briefly on the way in. But anyway, it's not me deciding what "city driving" is and isn't, unfortunately.

Alaon, you're getting your sig today!!!
Hot ****!

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Im pretty sure that Wii's dont lag no matter what game your playing on an HDTV. I could be wrong though i'd have to have a solid HDTV to test it out.

Also we could fuddle with the TVs at the nitespot to see if they have a setting to change it to none continuous scan. Which is why they lag.

A-Laon

Smash Master
**** hot **** right there.

Could you just resize it slightly so you can see the whole thing? Perhaps cut a bit off the sides too to make it more proportional with the resize.

EDIT: @Naka: From everything I know and have heard, Wiis do NOT solve lag issues on HDTVs. I may be mistaken, but I've heard a number of complaints about Wiis still having HD lag in Smash, and a number of technical explanations as to why (not that I have the capacity to repeat them).

takieddine

Smash Master
Its not the Gamecube that lags, its the TV, more specifically its the connection to the Television is not convenient when its an HD TV and it has standard AV cables. it has something to do with interlacing and deinterlacing that i'm not willing to go into.

DickChang

Smash Journeyman
yeah both my wii and my cube lag like hell on my 56" plasma using S-video cables. so that won't help it at all. I've been practicing on my laptop, cause the other tv is a 32" LCD with some lag (although nowhere near as much as the plasma). plus, playing right here in my room is pretty awesome.

btw, playing smash on a tv with progressive scan is frickin sweet. everything just moves a lot smoother.

I'll have to pick up some component cables to see if that helps lag. I doubt it though.

Top Bottom