• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

pockyD

Smash Legend
taki i've told you at least 14 times to CHANGE THE FIRST **** POST

people keep calling me wondering why the weeklies aren't happening

pockyD

Smash Legend
is there any interest in going to super champ combo? (end of september in california)

plane tickets are currently about 150 per person

or if we drive to columbus and fly skybus, it's like 20 per person (plus driving costs of course though)

A-Laon

Smash Master
is there any interest in going to super champ combo? (end of september in california)

plane tickets are currently about 150 per person

or if we drive to columbus and fly skybus, it's like 20 per person (plus driving costs of course though)
I'd be absolutely thrilled to attend do this. I find that price pretty **** hard to believe. Those tickets round-trip? Does the plane have wings?

I'm definitely going to check this out, because this would be an awesome trip. Thanks for pointing it out.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
I'd be absolutely thrilled to attend do this. I find that price pretty **** hard to believe. Those tickets round-trip? Does the plane have wings?

I'm definitely going to check this out, because this would be an awesome trip. Thanks for pointing it out.

yeah sept is like off peak time of year plus we're 2 months(roughly) ahead. they acn easily be @ regular prices in about a month in a half or so, so i say that we decide about this relatively soon. yahyuz another mlg!!

A-Laon

Smash Master
****ing edit ain't workin' again.

I've been looking around on Skybus and the cheapest total cost I can find is still $246 ($100 ticket to Cali, $125 ticket back, plus tax). Haven't found $75 tickets anywhere.

A-Laon

Smash Master
I did a number of searches on Expedia and Travelocity. I'll probably keep looking, but so far I've found at least one fairly ideal flight:

Delta Airlines departing from Pittsburgh International on Friday, Sept. 28th at 1:30pm, making one stop in Atlanta, GA, and arriving in Ontario, CA (a little less than 20 miles from San Bernardino) at 8pm. We'd return Monday, Oct. 1st, departing at 6am, stopping in Salt Lake City, UT, and returning to Pittsburgh at 4pm.

$234 round-trip, including all taxes and fees.

I would have just linked you all, but it won't allow me, so if you want to see the details yourself, just search Pittsburgh, PA to Ontario, CA on those dates and you should find it. :p

pockyD

Smash Legend
the things i found on orbitz were $196 per person (northwest airlines), transfer in detroit

departure is basically 9 pm leave pitts, 1 pm arrive LA, so that's 7 hours

return is mad flexible; same price for both sunday and monday, though maybe leaving at night and arriving in the morning

A-Laon

Smash Master
the things i found on orbitz were $196 per person (northwest airlines), transfer in detroit

departure is basically 9 pm leave pitts, 1 pm arrive LA, so that's 7 hours

return is mad flexible; same price for both sunday and monday, though maybe leaving at night and arriving in the morning
$196 round trip? That's **** hot. I'll check out Orbitz.

Also, typo -- did you mean 9pm to 1am or 9am to 1pm?

Nakamaru

Smash Master
because xyt roams this here thread.

So can we get some orginization to this weekends tournament? Like who is available to drive, and who is going as a definate.

xyt

Smash Lord
@_@)...............

Edit: ok... so i'm getting really confused as to what is going on.. seems like there are
lot of tournies goin on. didn't pay attention cause im in korea but it seems some of them are after we all get back?
anyways.. just tryin to do a quick recap so ppl please correct me if im wrong.
sooo.... aside from the normal weeklies going on wherever nowadays, seems evan
and a couple other ppl are going to a tournament on the 21st? (i guess this one
wouldnt concern me cause i wont be there for it)
and what? we're all going to a random tourny ON THE WEST COAST???
who what in the where now? @_@)..
and there's gonna be a mow fest-ish thing hosted by el komo? i think according to
the PA thread??
someone please clarify all this please.. throw some information or some links or
something!.
-thanks

A-Laon

Smash Master
Evan wins.

Weeklies are back in business courtesy of the Duquesne Commuter Lounge. They probably won't remain here after summer, though.

MCC, Naka, etc. are going to an Ohio tourney on the 21st -- this upcoming weekend. We're also going to win.

On Sept. 8th, El Komo is holding a PA tourney / fest at a gaming center in Lancaster to try to attract all of PA so each side of the state is familiar with the other players.

Another MLG event is being held in San Bernardino, CA on Sept. 29-30th. We're trying to attend to meet / play with the West Coast scene.

Hope that helps. >_> @_)+_++@(>_><_<@@_@

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
Yeah I'll clear it up some more, I got an Adamant Heracross on my third egg, and an Adamant Beldum on my eighth egg.

In other news I be wantin' to smash today. Taki and Alan you should teleport to my house and Rob and Evan can drive over.

takieddine

Smash Master
I'm @ Duquesne if you want to pick me up Matt. ( I have only enough to go home on the bus, and don't wanna get lost without money :()

also i maxed out Ev's on my team, now to just level them up.

A-Laon

Smash Master
Taki can make it without money, he just has to scam an old lady (again) Smash at dequesne friday?
The time for bashing Taki regarding Colver is long gone. We'll just need to wait for something new to make fun of him for.

Yes, Duquesne should be on this Friday. I'll be bringing a small TV, but somebody else will need to bring a cube / game / mem card. Let's try not to have a shortage of systems like last week.

Top Bottom