• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

D20

Smash Lord
SINGLES TOP 32 RESULTS (FC DIAMOND)

1. M2K
2. PC Chris
3. Chu Dat
4. Drephen
5. Vidjo
5. Taj
7. DaShizWhiz
7. Darkrain
9. Lambchops
9. Chillindude
9. Luigi Ka-Master
9. Cort
13. SilentWolf
13. CunningKitsune
13. Tink
13. Mikey Lenetia
17. Nite
17. Plairnkk
17. Mathos
17. Chesterr01
17. KeepSpeedN
17. Dope
17. Eggz

17. 4% APR

25. KishPrime
25. Lunaris
25. Col Bol
25. Jiano
25. Forward
25. Doll
25. Vwins
25. BigGman

I'd just like to say that I beat that n00b in a money match. That is all.

pockyD

Smash Legend
that guy took down sensei and b-ryan and came close to dropping keepspeedn and cactuar (or did he beat cactuar? he took at least a game off) as well

A-Laon

Smash Master
SINGLES TOP 32 RESULTS (FC DIAMOND)17. 4% APR
that guy took down sensei and b-ryan and came close to dropping keepspeedn and cactuar (or did he beat cactuar? he took at least a game off) as well
In all seriousness, this totally surprises me. Having played him, I absolutely never would have assumed him to have that potential -- he really didn't seem to be that capable. Proves me wrong. Good for him.

So there's one every Friday? Also, do I have to sign up before hand or anything, or can I just show up if I decide to come? Sorry for all of the questions. :laugh:
You can just show up whenever. This isn't anything horribly formal.

xyt

Smash Lord
so.. thanks for the clear up alaon : D that actually did help a lot : D
hmm.. now... for my next question..
i'm assuming that FC Diamond was another tourny that took plac recently?
is it mlg also?

xyt

Smash Lord
i just saw the new pa rankings... news travels slow in sheik-land..
i remember two days ago when alaon went said something like.. "WATCH IT HE'S RANKED"
and me going... "huh? @_@).."
ok... phew... glad i got that off my chest..

takieddine

Smash Master
Sup Rhyperior w/ 177 HP and 177 attack at lvl 43...

Wow...I suck at smash bros. Melee..

rob ev, smash today? i got my controller... we can smash it up @ the lounge...

xyt

Smash Lord
can i get a ride from someone to el komo's event? Wes?? : D

and someone fill me in on the details to the mlg event in CA
once you guys figure out what you're gonna do (tickets, rides, place to stay etc.)
BUT NOT AFTER YOU'RE DONE please..
i dont wanna like search everything and make arrangements by myself
after everyone's already decided to go on the same plane or some **** like that..
ok thanks..

pockyD

Smash Legend
i'm not going to buy tickets then ask you if you want to go

i am going to give you a ballpark figure right now (which is $200 for plane tickets) and ballpark dates (leaving friday, returning monday) and you figure if you are okay with that or what you want to tweak about it

i would look to a smasher for housing; i'm not too interested in putting up for a hotel since we won't have a car anyway

pockyD

Smash Legend
so is there any legitimate interest in going to cali besides tim and alan?

and when will you guys be sure you want to go? (as in we can buy the tickets)

A-Laon

Smash Master
I don't really think I'll be going to Cali. I wanted to and looked into it, but it just ain't working out. If something changes in the near future I'll get back to you asap.

And losing is for douchebags. No losing on Friday.

A-Laon

Smash Master
It's actually moreso an issue of parental consent on my part, which is unusual. Apparently they only feel alright with me going if a larger group of us go. :p

Velocity

Smash Lord
i wanna go to this real bad but does the total cost of going out weigh the amount of fun you would have since your not going to make money

pockyD

Smash Legend
well unless i move to the west coast after i graduate this is pretty much the only chance i'll ever have to play WC players x.x

wish i could've gone to OC3 instead but couldn't miss 2 weeks of work in a row

xyt

Smash Lord
OK, i have a couple questions about this mlg tourny in sept.
anyone who feels they have informative information please feel free.

imma start off by saying i REALLY want to go.. ok..

first off, are we leaving on the evening of the 28th? and getting back sunday night?
corny as it sounds, i don't really want to miss any classes if possible

second, have you guys looked at expedia? i generally get round trip tickets to new york
for under 130$. i've never bought tickets to CA so i don't know but they might have
something under 200$? shrugs.. just throwin that out there. i tried a search but i don't
know the arriving airport so...

third, it seems that mlg can provide us a spot to crash in the gym where the venue is
so i guess that takes care of housing. it seems they'll have food there too
(for free? for sale?). w/e the case that takes care of food i guess. are there any other
expenses that need be considered? for example, ride from the airport to the venue?
can we get a ride from someone that's entering the tourny?

ok that about covers my questions for getting there and coming back but.. i guess the
most important question is: "is it worth it?"
i definitely wanna see west coast play and wouldn't mind playing top players (i.e. ken, isai).
the competition would probably help me get better and gain some big tourny experience.
blah blah blah. BUT.
is all this worth the money that'll need to be spent ($200+), the time that could be used for
elsewhere (i.e. a good weekend's rest, test study time, or even some smash
with fellow pitt ppl), all the effort put into going back and for etc.
besides, i will be going to el komo's event 3 weeks prior to this too (granted i'll have a ride)

im asking you guys to just throw out your personal accounts/advice having been at
more/bigger tournies than i have (i.e. pound 2) since the biggest one i've been to would be
mowfest. Really wanna go, but i need assurance that i'll at least get as much back as i put
into all this.

-thanks

pockyD

Smash Legend
1) i'd also prefer to leave friday night but who knows
1.5) i doubt we get back sunday night; if the tournament ends at 6 p.m. (very generous; it probably will end later) and our flight is at 9 p.m. (which would be midnight pgh time) we'd get back to pgh at like 6-7 a.m. anyway. may as well leave monday
2) i looked at orbitz and it was 196. just put in LA for the city (i used LAX for the airport but there might be smaller airports nearby)
3) yes there's housing for saturday night but if we fly in friday, we need friday housing; plus if we go home monday we need sunday housing too; also, housing will often imply rides, which we will definitely need
4) yes it's worth it IMO; there don't seem to be any huge EC tournaments coming up, and in my experience, huge smash events are amazingly fun wherever they are. if you could see yourself enjoying playing smash for 10 hours straight (which not everyone can btw, this is a legitimate question), then you will enjoy it. is it "worth it?" who knows, i don't know what you normally spend for entertainment

xyt

Smash Lord
1.5) i know for a fact that it doesnt take 6 hrs from CA to pitt, so.. this $196 ticket you're
talking about, is it a transfer flight? or were you just factoring in the ride from pitt airport to cmu and all the other misc. time we might lose on the way? in either case, i'd rather get
back 6-7am get to class on monday. this shouldn't be a problem cause there'll be time to
catch some sleep on the plane or on the bus/taxi ride back to cmu.

2) i checked expedia, couldnt' find anything better. worth a shot though = /

3) ok so that's what you meant when you said we should probably look to a smasher
for housing. I guess this is something to worry about after/if we acutually decide to go
so.. it seems to me to be safe, expenses would amount to $300~$350?? am i close?

4)any other smashers wanna give their opinion? it'll be much appreciated.

5)who's going for sure?

TSK

Smash Apprentice
I'll be at duq today around my usual time....

In other news I successfully chained me a shiny voltorb o_0

pockyD

Smash Legend
the latest flight friday before a price hike (at 196) is at 12:58 (so we'd have to leave campus at around 11 anyway)

for return flights, if we take the 10 p.m. flight, we get to pitts at 7:55 a.m.

and yes, there is a transfer involved

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
ATTENTION

I am not sure who all was expecting a ride to the touny saterday in ohio because i really havent got any definites besides rob. But for all the people who want a ride here is the guidlines. If you want to go you need to get a ride to duquesne in the morning for pick up and a ride back from duquesne after the tourny. If this is truly IMPOSSIBLE let me know. Also my car is a complete gas eater so gas money would be required. My number is 412-302-2678. Thankyou.....

on another note i think the cali thing is pretty sweet but pretty crazy. I think the money would be better spent going to other local/semi local tournys in the future that arent all the way across the u.s.a.

on a pdk side note what time is everyone going to duquesne i have a show tonight so if it starts like around 2 i should be able to go.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
The cali thing is really tempting, but i really dont want to pay $200 just to play smash with a few people i'll see throughout the next year and people i'll never see ever again. If im going to do anything im going to use that money to go visit mark.

A-Laon

Smash Master
Anyone capable of playing sometime this week, preferably at Duquesne? Taki and I may get together someday this week if anybody is capable and interested in coming.

Top Bottom