• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

Renth

Smash Hero
LOL! Worst in PA? You are pretty much, and have been running unapposed. Even PDK's little bro has a better rep than you. : )

(sorry to remind you of the horror again cowb)
Naka the dramas dead let it go don't start everything up again XD

xyt

Smash Lord
HHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEYYYYYY I'M POCKY'S FRIENDDDDDD YAY >_<)!!!!!

TSA sounds like fun @_@)....
must have rematch w/ sensei.....

and...and... i'll sheik ditto you mister burgh : D~~~~~~~~~~~
this is so renth can leave PA w/o any regrets XD~

D

Deleted member

D20 ***** me at pound 2. It was fierce.

WoZ will eventually read and mod this post.

saik212

Smash Rookie
Can anyone tell me when the next tournament is, if there is one, where, when, and how much? I'm dropping by pittsburgh for a week from july 4th-10th to visit my cousins so this interested me. Some one please PM me for a response.

xyt

Smash Lord
D20 beat Mow at Pound 2?? @_@)..
Mow must have not played ness >_<) hehehe
i just loved that reaction Rob gave last time when Mow did that combo @_@)..
and i've never agreed more to Rob's interjection ever

this is bad english... but wes and pocky should know what i'm talking about @_@)..

D20

Smash Lord
I think I beat Mow's Ness once in a friendly at Pound... I guess that qualifies as "D20 ***** me".

pdk

Smash Lord
these new duq weeklies are in the nightspot like the ones in springtime, right?

takieddine

Smash Master
its right next door, so if you're there and yell smash, we'll probably hear you.

Actually strike that, it seems like no one wants to play tonight.

CaptainFalco30

Smash Cadet
Hey, if anyone recognizes the name this is Stackhouse (lived in assumption). If I can get out to the city I'd like to be able to play a few games. Training combos in my house only does so much.

If none of you know who I am....well I know Rob, so at least I can call on one person to say I'm actually a Duq student.

A-Laon

Smash Master
Sorry Taki - I ended up being busy this morning and my rides conflicted with my schedule.

For the record though, if we're going to get some serious weeklies started again, you might want to update the first page as to say we're at Duquesne again and whatnot.

TSK

Smash Apprentice
We better get some serious weeklies started again, I got next friday off and should be able to have it off each week. So I'll be able to be at duq from early afternoon til whenever... just let me know when to show up

Na!l

Smash Journeyman
Wait..Vidjo and cape are going to be where?
Also, im down with smash this friday
EDIT: woah ****....today is saturday...so next friday i am

Renth

Smash Hero
Wait..Vidjo and cape are going to be where?
Also, im down with smash this friday
EDIT: woah ****....today is saturday...so next friday i am
i'm very certain at the tournament these guys are going to in Ohio Vidjo will be there however you mention the cape... he's not getting back until around mid july from the Army he won't be attending any event anytime soon.

A-Laon

Smash Master
Surprised nobody posted about the tourney yet.

Vidjo took first as expected, 4% right behind; however, bracketing severely skewed the rest of the placing.

No johns, as we all generally lost fairly in very good and even matches (and my set with Camper Bob has got to be among the most idiotic and hilarious tourney sets ever), but brackets definitely did factor into all of Pittsburgh's chances. Camper Bob, Vidjo, 4%, Rob, Corey, and myself (among other talented players) all got bracketed together. The other bracket was of a much lower skill level and gave Big_R (a mediocre Falco player that I crushed at Pound) a free trip to the winner's finals and 3rd place. Matt was in this bracket, and in spite of being eliminated, he says the bracket was definitely easy enough that anybody else would have placed had they been put there.

It was really a bit of a kick in the face how the brackets ended up being structured, but regardless, it was an insanely fun tourney and everybody played well. Also, as a fair warning to all those who choose to sit safely on the stage rather than chasing me down til my death, you will quite likely be screamed at to "DO IT PU$$Y!"

Rob and I both got 7th.
Not sure how Corey and Matt ranked.
Taki didn't enter as he didn't have enough money.
Evan didn't go as he was busy getting his car with which to kill people.

A-Laon

Smash Master
Only reasons I'm suggesting NC are because it's the largest and longest tourney I found besides FC and OC and is within a possible distance, it would provide an oppertunity to play a totally new region of players, and it would give us a big event for the end of summer.

Yes, the trip is very daunting, but it IS an option for a large tourney amongst new people before things die down as summer ends. If anybody wants a big finish, here it is.

Na!l

Smash Journeyman
im taking an interest in OH. its 2 hrs 45 mins. (but thats from my house) will we stay overnite somewhere?

Na!l

Smash Journeyman
I might end up there anyways. My cousin rides on the Dew Tour on the 19th and the 21st in cleveland, which isnt far from there. Maybe ill see u guys there

D20

Smash Lord
Corey got screwed beyond belief by the brackets. I'm 100% sure that Corey would have ***** if he had been placed anywhere else. I honestly don't think anyone else (with the exception of myself and Vidjo) could have taken him out.

I took 4% to 3 games... and got croc-killed on Jungle Japes. I lost by one stock. Ouch.
I took Beegs, the best Marth at the tournament to 3 games and actually won once with Young Link. I need to main Marth.

All and all, it was a decent tournament. It could have been about twice as good though. I predict Corey will place at the next tournament he enters.

A-Laon

Smash Master
For the record, on behalf of Matt's dreadful set against him and his lethargic path to 3rd place, I have a $20 MM set with Big_R should we attend the Escape tourney in Cleveland...

...luckily, this time, I actually know I'm going to win.

Top Bottom