• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

Pritch

Smash Lord
Hey, I was talking to renth about possibly teaming with him for FC, and while as it turns out he can't make it he directed me here as a possible source of competent teammates. Anyone interested in teaming with a random fl peach they've probably never heard of? I prefer teaming with fast things that can kill stuff like fox, but I'll team with basically anyone good regardless of character.

PM me if you're interested.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Hey, I was talking to renth about possibly teaming with him for FC, and while as it turns out he can't make it he directed me here as a possible source of competent teammates. Anyone interested in teaming with a random fl peach they've probably never heard of? I prefer teaming with fast things that can kill stuff like fox, but I'll team with basically anyone good regardless of character.

PM me if you're interested.
wow renth directed you in the wrong place.......as of right now no one from pitts is going to FC. I made plans but they folded.(just need money for ticket) I wish i could go, then I'd gladly team,( i run fox/marth in teams ). *sighs* only if I were to have the money to buy a ticket tomm =\

xyt

Smash Lord
Pocky: in case you're talking to me...
not sure so i'll answer anyways
i don't recall saying the boost grab is useless
i do remember saying that it's difficult to find the right time to use it in game

Kev: DDR/ITG OWNSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! until Pump It Up Pro comes out =_=)...

anyone know who roninxee is on youtube?

pockyD

Smash Legend
a few weeks ago -_-

boost grab is fantastic against people who try to anticipate and shield grab your dash attack

also it makes grabbing dash dancers a lot easier (still very risky though)

Pritch

Smash Lord
wow renth directed you in the wrong place.......as of right now no one from pitts is going to FC. I made plans but they folded.(just need money for ticket) I wish i could go, then I'd gladly team,( i run fox/marth in teams ). *sighs* only if I were to have the money to buy a ticket tomm =\
Weak.

Oh well, thanks for the quick reply anyways, and if anything changes feel free to PM me to see if I still need a teammate.

takieddine

Smash Master
@Alaon
I get off work @ 5:00 but i can get out earlier if I want to, but if needed you can come earlier and hang out for a couple of hours, then we can get started.

A-Laon

Smash Master
@Alaon
I get off work @ 5:00 but i can get out earlier if I want to, but if needed you can come earlier and hang out for a couple of hours, then we can get started.
Curious though -- what's the point in us getting started at 5 if they close up at 7? ...or do they not close early on Fridays?

Still, I wouldn't mind that minigolf with Rob...

TSK

Smash Apprentice
If you guys are gonna have smash every friday at duq, I could probably start taking off every friday from work starting next week and get there early in the afternoon...

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
I hate this game.

J/k, how is everyone I haven't been on here in forever nor have I seen any of you beyond Taki, Ev, and Rob.

Swift, I heard you did really well at Pound in your first round of pools, but then not so great in the second round. I can't wait to play some Fox dittos with you and pick up some tips (Yeah I sorta just started, but Rob and Ev say it reminds them of your Fox but a little lacking on the technical consistency, but I'm still working on it). When do you get back in PA?

As for anyone else living out of state right now, when do you guys come back?

DickChang

Smash Journeyman
same, last week of august, but I'll be heading out to PAX the weekend before school starts.
I take it I'll be the only pittsburgh person there, since its in seattle. I assume that they'll hold a smash tournament.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I hate this game.

J/k, how is everyone I haven't been on here in forever nor have I seen any of you beyond Taki, Ev, and Rob.

Swift, I heard you did really well at Pound in your first round of pools, but then not so great in the second round. I can't wait to play some Fox dittos with you and pick up some tips (Yeah I sorta just started, but Rob and Ev say it reminds them of your Fox but a little lacking on the technical consistency, but I'm still working on it). When do you get back in PA?

As for anyone else living out of state right now, when do you guys come back?
pft, everyone knows I'm the master of Fox dittos, you should take notes from me! I'm still in the state, but on the wrong side, so yea, I'll be back in western PA on August with Pocky and DickChang (not surprising since we all go to CMU).

xyt

Smash Lord
Nail: Thanks : D
Matt: Quit playing sheik ? : D good to have you back either way hehe

i'll be back around mid august like the rest o the cmu ppl

what is TSA? @_@)..

pockyD

Smash Legend
i think it means something like taiwanese student association or something like that. they do a lot of random activities and build a booth for carnival every year at cmu..
it's some NJ crew actually

i would never join some asian club; that's pretty much one of the weakest premises for a club there is

Iceburgh

Smash Journeyman
Though i wont be playing melee my original post was saying you guys should all stick around for Brawl hopefully you dont get caught up with College or work and something and cant play. Im planning to come back around then. I just stoped by for today because i wanted to officially let everyone know that im pretty much retired from Melee.(Even playing for fun is boring and unenjoyable.) I also dont have a copy of the game anymore as my friends have taken it because they broke my other copy i gave them. So i wouldnt even be able to practice.. Though if anyone has a Wii and DBZ can i get a copy of a complete save file? LOL im to lazy to play it or anything not on a PC atm.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
You haven't been seen in pittsburgh playing smash for months dude. You were retired a long while back. You dont need an official statment to tell us something we already know.

Dresnen

Smash Rookie
My last post didnt get through thanks to the banning but ill sum it up for you..

I post to make it official because it makes me feel special(not really just sounds good saying it)
As well i wanted to see how everyone has been. Now that my main account is banned for a while i guess i can go back to starting drama on the WoW forums.. as they have yet to ban me lol... I got modded on Gamefaqs the other week lol was to funny.. -10 Karma OMG my posting resrictions are so....... normal....

Top Bottom