• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

weon - X

Smash Ace
hey carroll remember me? yo i left a black sweater in your house when u housed us for "that tournament i cant remember the name of" if ur going to the big house u think u could bring it with you? if so then thanks, if not then go to hell, jk.

silentSWAG

Smash Lord
hey carroll remember me? yo i left a black sweater in your house when u housed us for "that tournament i cant remember the name of" if ur going to the big house u think u could bring it with you? if so then thanks, if not then go to hell, jk.
lol. its in my room on my dresser. ill bring it

Vyke

Smash Champion
Speaking of ohioans, I'm going to work at a place in Youngstown named Cafe Capri.

If any of you heard of it GET AT ME (for housing because I might need it soon.)

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Alright, i think i know whats wrong with the ohio videos. So im going to try and fix them tomorrow. Er, well really just salvage what i can.

Double Post like a champ.

Republican0fHeaven

Smash Ace
Have any of you ever used a laptop as a screen to smash before? Is it possible without a ton of lag? What would I need to do it as far as cables/programs?

I suck with computers.. is there a thread on this? didn't know where to look

Nakamaru

Smash Master
You need a special type of screen. Typically called TV monitors, but they may be called something else now. They are essentially HD-TVs so if you don't have a wii with component cables then yes you will have lag.

ALRIGHT BOYS! michigan is next week and i think we should start putting down solidly who is driving and who is riding with whom. The cars going to the best of my knowledge are Vudujin's, Taki's, and mine. I would like to avoid driving if at all possible to save money for my commute to school. I will make up for it by driving whoever i ride with to RoM at the end of november.

Republican0fHeaven

Smash Ace
I only have a gamecube, but I have component cables for it... so that should take care of alot of the lag (cause laptops have lcd screens right?) But what type of adapter should I use to connect the component cables to my laptop?

Is it a component-hdmi or component-svideo or component-usb adapter?
Also, as for a program to display the video should I use VLC player? Or Pinnacle Studio 10? Or something else?

edit: I have a dazzle capture card, but its inputs are only rca so that would lag if used as an adapter

Nakamaru

Smash Master
No i mean you actually need a TV that doubles as a monitor. To my knowledge you can't (with any ease of access) use a computer monitor as a TV screen.

Its like saying a square is a rectangle but a rectangle isn't a square.

so TV that is also a monitor = Good to go, just need to plug it in and change the channel
Just a computer monitor = Good luck buddy.

jbro

Smash Ace
was i supposed to register for something?
no one ever tells me anything.
but duq was fun on friday, hoping to come back sooooon.

jbro

Smash Ace
Yes, you needed to register for the michigan tournament. Carrol posted about it a few times, and it's on the tournament thread.
well, i'm not on here all that often.
i guess i figured carroll would say something to me, you know, because we ****ing live together.

hey nc, if i can't go to the tournament now, i'm going to light your bed on fire.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
We are really bad at getting people information about upcoming tournaments. Its usually best to find the tournament thread and look up stuff yourself. We get really lazy about this stuff ourselves.

jbro

Smash Ace
i think we're all good now.
i'm just still very out of the loop here. i would just hate to have planned around that weekend because i knew i was gonna go to michigan only to then find out that weekend that i couldn't even play.
i registered, i guess there's a few days left.
chaos. hopefully i see all you guys again friday. i need to continue to practice my subpar pikachu play.

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
Hey broheys, I'm looking to get a head count for Magic again this Friday. Just post and let me know if you are going to be down to do it again. I would like to start a little earlier than last time since it ran so late (more like 6 as appose to 7:30).

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
I won't be at Duq this Friday.

I'll be busy doing black guy stuff.

However, I would like a ride to MI.

No preference. Or maybe whoever has the most leg room.

Doesn't really matter.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Hey broheys, I'm looking to get a head count for Magic again this Friday. Just post and let me know if you are going to be down to do it again. I would like to start a little earlier than last time since it ran so late (more like 6 as appose to 7:30).
I am undecided. Might want to practice a lot for Michigan.

And you should care to read what I post if you are going to attack me on what I say. (another win for me)

Top Bottom