• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

ROB_[MCC}

Smash Apprentice
You guys are welcome anytime after noon. Again, if you're taking a bus, it will be the 100 West Busway. It will take you from Pittsburgh/Oakland onto the busway and to Carnegie. You can get off at the Carnegie Station (it is the last stop) and just give me a call at 412-327-9199. I'll drive down and pick you up. I'll also get you guys back to the busway when you leave.

A-Laon

Smash Master
Anyway good news!
i might have found a place where we can do torunaments from 12-6. People just need to bring TVs. its at the YMCA, i'm good friends with one of the people who works there so he is checking to see if we can get a room. We will probably have to pay, but it shouldn't be that much, and with the usual $15 buy in we can take it from that and split up the rest for prize money. It is also very close to town so getting food and stuff during and after the tourney is like a block or two walk.
I do imagine this would be a saturday/sunday event?

pockyD

Smash Legend
seeing how transportation is our major issue already, "people just need to bring tv's" isn't as simple as it sounds -_-

A-Laon

Smash Master
God be praised.

And, again, I'll always be able to bring a TV if necessary, and if we're in desperately short supply, I do indeed have some extra yet-not-so-spectacular ones as well.

pockyD

Smash Legend
yeah

for the record i can bring a TV (actually 2, if the event is pretty big) if someone would want to give it/them a ride =)

PlayaFritz

Smash Apprentice
Great nite guys, also I wish to apologize if I may have seemed to be somewhat imature, Alan was gettin pissed at me sayin that I was embarasing him because of my imaturity. Yea so I am to blame to that, though I was just tryin to spark a good time, I may have seemes a little umm....Childish at times,

none the less a good nite, thx for havin me Rob

ROB_[MCC}

Smash Apprentice
Thanks to everyone who came out to smash the other day. Special thanks to A-Laon's dad for giving up the time to drive A-Laon and Playafritz the 50 minutes to my place.

Also, congrats to Justin for winning the Smasher of the Day Tournament. Hopefully next time the NiteSpot will be up and running, but at least we got some Smash in to hold us over.

A-Laon

Smash Master
Thanks again for hosting, Rob. Really hope to join you again over Christmas break. Just name the date and I'll use whatever absurd methods are at my disposal to get there (as always). Hopefully next time I can pull my Falco's head out of its *** (doing an RSHL straight down off of the ledge of Yoshi's Story to an SD is one thing, but skrewing up short hops? Still trying to formulate my john... any suggestions would be appreciated ;) )

Anyway, always a good time, and thanks.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
yea i heard baout that sig and Im pretty glad i didnt get to see it. btw taki is still alive saw him yesterday.

omg <3 wak for the end of that vid the reflector arrow stare off. the FoD recovery was beautiful

pockyD

Smash Legend
well the falco had a positional advantage; he had the option of jumping out while ylink didn't so he held it

though when the wind brought ylink close a quick waveshine or sh dair would've served him nicely

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
he can hold it till the sun comes up.

anyways last time i heard the places that are an option for this week would be naka's and pockyD's correct? an updates, status reports etc?

pockyD

Smash Legend
my place is open all wednesday thursday friday for any takers :)

101 N Dithridge St 15213, phone 973-214-3905

thing is people aren't posting times they're free only posting 'yes or no' for days so it's a little hard to schedule an event with multiple people -_-

lesson being post YOUR free times people! i'm free to host all this week after tomorrow but i'd like for it to be more than me and one other person at any given time

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
ROLL CALL

whoever has control of the first post update it or something. of i'll just update and post myself

Swift - avaiable WEDS 11:00-3:00(varies but thats approx) THURS whenever SON!

pockyD

Smash Legend
looks like thursday is the best for everyone, though i know wes has an exam that night so i don't know if he'd make it

but fine, thursday at noon and beyond?

and if enough people also want to play wednesday, that's cool too; i'll continue to gauge interest for that

Top Bottom