• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

pockyD

Smash Legend
ok well there is meter parking on the street, and there are two church parking lots across the street (which should obviously be mostly empty weekday afternoons) if you want to chance it (i have no idea how frequently they are policed)

i know for sure of some free parking 3 blocks away (on neville ave. just south of 5th) but there are only 6-7 spots so no guarantee they are free

if someone wants to bring a tv + a setup that would be cool, if not i do still have two of each;

A-Laon

Smash Master
I've spoken to taki on aim, and he's apparently busy with a super-duper-high-tech-omfg-thats-like-impossible undercover project. As far as I know, he doesn't seem to be very available as of now.

cowboyardee

Smash Journeyman
pocky and others:

Sorry for not showing up. I'm not gonna make it today -- no sleep last night and now i"m just too tired. Thanks for hosting though pocky. I'll be up for some smash again soon.

Na!l

Smash Journeyman
Hey, whats up? I got some questions here. Are you going to be skipping any weeks during the xmas season? Where can i park, i am not a student. BYOC i assume. Do you need ahead of time notice every week? or can u put down Nail+1 to +3 on the maybe section?

Thanks

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
We're basically a group of college kids, so over break there will be no smashing at Duquesne. The MCC crew, A-Laon, Playa Fritz, and probably some others are still around, though I'm not sure what sort of holiday smash will be happening. As for when we get back up and running, you don't really need to be specific in how many are coming and whatnot, it's just good to let us know if new people are showing up so that they can be signed in and whatnot. BYOC of course.

ROB_[MCC}

Smash Apprentice
Yes we are. I'll be posting a separate thread as soon as we figure out who's house we'll be using. All of our houses are within minutes, even seconds of eachother. If you found one, you could find them all.

The only other info I have is that it will be sometime after Christmas... probably a day between the 27th and the 7th.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
rep each other....give your comrades rep points on their post(or just me)........

the silver icon in between the 3 below the avatar for those who dont know.

why? have no idea. but i just want have more green boxes.

A-Laon

Smash Master
Duquesne won't be going on over the break; however, MCC plans on hosting something and will probably make their own thread regarding it. Just keep your eyes peeled.

pockyD

Smash Legend
man that me ganon vs taki falco video was UGLY

i really really wanted the dthrow dsmash to work and it failed like 5 times, and you probably took a total of 200 dmg the whole match and lost =)

for the record though, stop spiking me when i get over like 100 unless you're going to ff and link to a smash/tilt;, a bair would've finished me nicely and a nair would've at least put me over for easy edge guarding

edit: SCS video compendium here if you want to link it directly; should i put 2v2 vids there too?...
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=1991139

let me know if there are any that i missed

takieddine

Smash Master
My fox just tries to be flashy, if i went for straight kills i'd be a lot better. The reason you think my falco is better is because he is combo oriented, which is the style i like to play.

Come on...most of those matches were for fun. Esp. the gannon falco one, i remember us talking about how much **** the match up was...

Anywho..., i'll try on getting a better computer to upload my videos to, because they are perfect quality on camera, they just suck when i uplaod due to usb/processor speed suckiness.

cowboyardee

Smash Journeyman
I also think your (taki) falco may be better than your fox. I've told you that before though.

And anyway, I just like falco better.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
taki ur falco > ur fox IMO
I also think your (taki) falco may be better than your fox. I've told you that before though.

And anyway, I just like falco better.
Taki's fox is definately better than his falco. I mean, there's certainly some potential in his falco, but he just doesn't play falco enough to know the nuances of the blue bird. Taki's self evaluation of his Fox is pretty accurate, it's too much about style and not enough about business. If he could just take a lesson from his sig, and apply it to his fox game, he could certainly be a force to be reckoned with. His falco on the other hand is still fairly rough and he would need to learn some general principles and advanced comboing techniques, as well the judgement to know when to end a combo, in order to get up to the same technical level as his fox. Not saying this to disuade Taki from playing falco, but rather to point out that there's only so much you can know about a character that you don't play very often (at least against the top level competition), and that in order to really get good with a characer, you really have to push your limits with them at the competetive level. Taki could certainly come to do that with Falco, but it's a longer, harder road than the slight change of mindset he needs for his Fox.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
so much press time for taki.

i dunno falco as a whole seems to reward better than fox for technical ability(Bombsolider). If I was as technically sound as you taki I would play nothing but falco, but thats just me.

overall someone practicng nothing but tech and having knowledge of the levels and matchups(and not worrying about mindgames) IMO could do better with falco than a marth/fox/shiek. hence the shorter road in a relative sense.

cowboyardee

Smash Journeyman
more on taki:

part of the reason I like taki using falco is also that taki seems to really like being a little flashy and abusing tech. And playing falco really well lets you do that in game, whereas if you want to play fox really well, you often have to forego the tech (multiple waveshines, double shines, shdl) in favor of less technical but more effective strats (shffl to grab to uair, chainthrow, hit and run tactics).

I dunno. I don't really think his falco is better right now than his fox. I just like his falco more.

rokimomi

Smash Lord
Cuz falco's combos are teh ez. Way too easy imo. Fox is harder to combo with and for some reason, I admire that?

Unless a falco player revolutionizes the shine combo, he's just another falco that can murder fox in a simple clean combo.

You see taki, get your infinite double shines perfectly wit fox, then you will be banned from tourneys.

Dory..?

Smash Apprentice
Dont worry about it..........Peach will screw your fox over..........

TEAM:F**K YOUR S**T

WES
CORY

what do yo think wes..............? We will take ove the doubles world.......

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
**** peach. I've been working on making my fox anti peach over break and when i get back im going to run through all the peaches. almost gave up on the anti falco thing, but just downloaded the KDJvs PC vegas finals and dam son lets just say that KDJ made PC whip out his fox.

me and justin will take over doubles team business (marth/ganon)

Dory..?

Smash Apprentice
well i was going peach......but since that happened(you working on peach) i guess i'll have to ask a hand from the corporate knuckel and have Ganondorf drive the pink slip down fox's mouth

Tim, im coming for you...........
With a Great BIG BUSINESS KICK...................and then a hug

(Cory, the inventor of the BUSINESS)

(MxCxCx)

SwiftBass

Smash Hero

you have VoD? o_o

i would just go wth marth -_-
the HUB has the vids

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=49443&page=6&pp=15

very simple, but i was just lazy and waited this long. haha @ Kwalks subscrption. there are alot of vids on the HUB ripped from VoD. like the KDJ vs PC has commentary and so does the KDJ vs. KEN and a bunch of others. just search and boom there ya go. crew battles are up there as well

yea i forget about marth sometimes and his utilt of death. its funny because marth was my first character of choice, how could i forget. eat tipper peach

Top Bottom