• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
I hope the night spot is good next this coming friday because this will be the last one till holiday break for us in college so I would like to see a decent turnout for that matter.

ROB_[MCC}

Smash Apprentice
FYI: Duquesne doesn't have classes this Friday. I don't know what that means for the Nitespot. It should still be open, but I'll have to get the details.

sweetooth

Smash Ace
thanks for the info rob. im going to try to make this one too. ill try to get a ride together in advance. chances are i wont be there until around 5:30 again

Iceburgh

Smash Journeyman
Ima try to make it as well. its crazy the combos are continuing with my friends... if i get a grove they get 0-100% cause they cant tech properly which is always good practice.and it seems my bombs/boomerangs and bow skills are moving up in the world.

pockyD

Smash Legend
someone def needs to get confirmation on the nitespot asap

i have to do a robotics demo at either 1:30 or 7:30 but i'll be there for a large part of the day probably

takieddine

Smash Master
Okay nitespot is closed.

We need to think up a plan by then.

The thoughts in my mind are, CMU lounge, Pitt lounges (probably unlikely), and if someone is generous enough to host...

quickly post your thoughts

pockyD

Smash Legend
my apartment is smallish but on the bright side i have two TVs, and if i can pry my neighbors away from their wii (not terribly likely though) we'd have double the space and an extra TV

otherwise im only willing to go where i can take a bus without transferring. The weather is mean

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Eeeh, as long as parking isnt an issue i can make it. I might be able to bring my protable DvD player and hook it up. Its a small screen, but it'll work.

ROB_[MCC}

Smash Apprentice
Well, you guys are always welcome at my place... the only problem is getting people there. Carnegie isn't too far, and on Fridays the busway could get you really close. We've set up 3 TVs in my basement before, even though it is kinda small. At anyrate, it's just an option if nothing else works, or if PockyD sets a limit and people still want to play.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i'd rather travel a bit and go to a spot where everyone can play given that this is likely the last time for the year

where do you live?

takieddine

Smash Master
Carnegie wasn't as far as i thought, it was one transfer, that basically took us from his house to downtown and from there all we had to do was walk a bit to catch the regular Oakland busses.

If you're cool with everythin rob, we might just come to your place.

If we were to hold it anywhere else we would be space or set-up deprived..

ROB_[MCC}

Smash Apprentice
On Fridays, the 100 busway runs often enough that you wouldn't need a transfer. Just get on the 100 in Oakland and it will take you all the way to Carnegie. You can just give me a call at 412-327-9199 (my cell) and I'd pick you guys up at the bus stop. I should probably clear this with my parents first, but it has never been a problem in the past. I'll know if we're clear by tommorrow afternoon.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
I should be good to bring a full setup(TV and cube) wherever we go this week. I will have more info tomm on a possible PITT lounge option.(im assuming that we're not all decided yet) Wherever we decide on, my concern will be setup amounts and capacity.

EDIT: if we get this all together how bout run a mach tourney or something.

pockyD

Smash Legend
*mock tourney or even a relatively cheap real tourney is fine with me as long as we're sure everyone there is cool with it and won't act out about stuff

Nakamaru

Smash Master
I'll be sure to start a **** fit. ^^

Nah, as long as i get to play its cool. I just need to know where im going. Robs is good, but im hesitant about Pitt lounge cause of parking...

ROB_[MCC}

Smash Apprentice
My place is open. If anyone needs driving directions, you can pm me for my address.

Evan-(Harm)

Smash Cadet
robssssssssssssssssss

sick, that means i only have to walk 1 minute to play, or i could ride my badass bike and that would take about 20 seconds. I really like the tournament idea also. This should be sick. thanks rob!

ROB_[MCC}

Smash Apprentice
Feel free to show up anytime after noon.

I'll just keep updating this list as the week goes on...

Expected Players:
Myself
Evan (coming late)
Matt
Corey
Cowboyardee
Naka
Swift
Justin
Wes
A-Laon
PlayaFritz

Probable:
Taki
Jace
PockyD

A-Laon

Smash Master
I'm game for wherever, yet I would need a ride both ways, if possible -- rather troubling as I live 20 minutes out of the city. Regardless, if at all possible, just give me the word.

maximusartemus

Smash Cadet
I will also probably attempting, I think that I'm getting a ride with Naka, correct. Any ways should be great.

PlayaFritz

Smash Apprentice
I'm game for wherever, yet I would need a ride both ways, if possible -- rather troubling as I live 20 minutes out of the city. Regardless, if at all possible, just give me the word.

Put me next to Alan, I have just about the same chances he does, and i will probably hitch a ride with him none the less.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Justin i'm giving you a ride. Swift already saved you a seat. You'll be going with him and Wes.

Anyway good news!
i might have found a place where we can do torunaments from 12-6. People just need to bring TVs. its at the YMCA, i'm good friends with one of the people who works there so he is checking to see if we can get a room. We will probably have to pay, but it shouldn't be that much, and with the usual $15 buy in we can take it from that and split up the rest for prize money. It is also very close to town so getting food and stuff during and after the tourney is like a block or two walk.

Thats all the information i have now. Feel free to ask questions so i dont overlook any details. I want this to run as smoothly as possible, and once this is offical i'll make a thread about it and get all the numbers together.

takieddine

Smash Master
Don't forget, those of you who live closer to downtown, there are busses that drop you off 5 minutes away from Rob's house. Would you mind mentioning those again Rob?

Top Bottom