• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

Republican0fHeaven

Smash Ace
I just got the cutest fox statue

Anyone up for smashing later today?

Perfect Controlhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuMmT3E-KVU
rodney mullen holy ****.

ANd I dislike the randomness of smashfests cause I usually sleep til like 5pm and don't check boards til midnight... my own fail. So excitment for weeklies, and sleeping pokemon, and pokemon raves (27th), and learning ice climbers. and buford's tourny

Speaking of the 27th, anyone going to Xanadu Games in Baltimore?

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
Is that a tourny or something? You always seem to go to these jank tourneys without us. Lol

As far as tournys go theres an Ohio tourney this saturday were going to with m2k tope and vanz n'nat.

So far we got the homies, Johny Taki vudu tedium and me.

:phone:

Republican0fHeaven

Smash Ace
Is that a tourny or something? You always seem to go to these jank tourneys without us. Lol

As far as tournys go theres an Ohio tourney this saturday were going to with m2k tope and vanz n'nat.

So far we got the homies, Johny Taki vudu tedium and me.

Damm well Ill be with Travis doing super secret smash training.. can't make the tourney cause he's got a friend comin to stay with him Saturday. And yeah 27th is a tourney me and the BGs are going to

Sometimes he goes home without me, too.
:( saddd face. well not this year. Im outta school bro, but how long are you gonna go without a license?

Peerless Kingdom

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, it's Woody. I don't usually come onto Smashboards anymore but I've got a question for anyone who goes/went to Duquesne. My brother is starting there this year and just moved in yesterday, but his Internet access is basically completely unusable. Pages take several minutes to load, playing any kind of games is impossible, etc. According to his RA, it's always like this. Is this just a thing for his dorm (St. Ann's)? Is it really that bad all the time? I know people have been playing LoL in the Nite Spot so I can't imagine it's that bad everywhere on campus.

Also I'll be back in Pittsburgh next weekend; I've gone entirely too long without playing Smash.

D20

Smash Lord
Woody, the internet at Duquesne is absolutely miserable. In the dorms, the internet is incredibly slow during peak hours and all online games are blocked. However, the wireless in the library and in the student union is fine and games are playable. I played WoW at a variety of places on campus with no issues (just not in the dorm rooms).

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Carroll, I'll keep you posted. I expect that homework is going to be killer this week though. It's probably a no, but I'll let you know.

D20

Smash Lord
I just won a draft (after losing about a billion in a row)... and then pulled Jace, Primeval Titan, and Solemn Simulacrum in the prize packs. I'm super glad I drafted Overrun and played it in half of my games. I was due.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
Season's Beatings tournament in Colombus Ohio, 14th-16th. No smash, just Street Fighter & Marvel vs Capcom. Anyone interested in going if there are spots in the car?

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
The owner of Mr. Nice Guys down in Oakmont has the Power Nine, and a Vintage deck worth more than his store.
This is believed. The people that play MTG there are the best in Pittsburgh, but also colossal jagoffs. Used to draft there every so once in a while 2 years ago, the first thing they teach new players trying to get good at the game is how to cheat.

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
@logan
There's always Mvc and sf and other garbage like blazeblue n'nat at smash touneys anyway. The last couple I've been too. But you never seem to want to go to em. But you want to go to the one with no smash? Loooooooool

TheLake

Smash Master
Mental Magic MM, the only way to Magic MM?

Or ShadowmoorShadowmoorEventide lolz 1v1?
Why does everyone like shadowmoor so much?!

WITHERING IS NOT COOL MAN!

IT ONLY GETS WORSE AS THE BLOCKS GO ON!!!

I accept sir mogwai

we shall do three sets

one with lorwyn (sp?) and eventide

the second with coldsnap....just cold snap

to truly test our skills of might and magic

and the last one will be ANY block

with 3 banned cards

Speed sliver, Ornithropter, Rescue cat (its a card from yugioh but look up its apperance to see why its mentioned)

Its go time

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Mental Magic MM, the only way to Magic MM?

Or ShadowmoorShadowmoorEventide lolz 1v1?
It's been way too long for me to play mental magic, lol. I've forgotten too much of the old ridiculous **** that you need to remember to win.

SSE was my best format on MTGO. I honestly think I won 75% of my 8-4 queues by just forcing mono-red EVERY SINGLE TIME. That 1/1 haste guy for 1(B/R) who gave guys haste was hands down the most underrated card in the entire set (Sootstoke Invoker I wanna say was his name).

This is believed. The people that play MTG there are the best in Pittsburgh, but also colossal jagoffs. Used to draft there every so once in a while 2 years ago, the first thing they teach new players trying to get good at the game is how to cheat.
The best players in Pittsburgh were the ones who drafted at The O at CMU every Tuesday, but I suppose times may have changed. Some were legit *******, but most of them were actually both very good and more or less nice guys.

Why does everyone like shadowmoor so much?!

WITHERING IS NOT COOL MAN!

IT ONLY GETS WORSE AS THE BLOCKS GO ON!!!

I accept sir mogwai

we shall do three sets

one with lorwyn (sp?) and eventide

the second with coldsnap....just cold snap

to truly test our skills of might and magic

and the last one will be ANY block

with 3 banned cards

Speed sliver, Ornithropter, Rescue cat (its a card from yugioh but look up its apperance to see why its mentioned)

Its go time
**** COLDSNAP, lol. Seriously, I don't think I've ever had less fun drafting a set than drafting coldsnap. Also, wow, just looked up rescue cat and it's clearly imba. that **** is so adorable. Also speed sliver isn't a thing unless they did Slivers AGAIN.

Vudujin

Smash Lord
I love SHADOWMOOR!!!!

I made a 3 turn win Quillspike deck.

Black and Green.

Best color combo.

And I had a babe deck.

Only hot chicks on the cards were allowed.

Damn. . . Those corgis are good at tetherball

TheLake

Smash Master
AWWW THAT CORGIE IS PLAYING TETHER BALL THATS SO CUTE!!!

Jacob you will play cold snap with me woncha ;D

Dude slivers could come back if wrath and damnation were put at 2.

But...yeah there at 4

forever

so slivers suck

but speed sliver is still so dumb!

ITS THE JIGGLYPUFF OF MAGIC!!

WHO DOESNT HAVE TO ****ING FLIP A COIN TO USE ITS GODDAMN SING ATTACK

I MEAN IT MAKES SENSE SORT OF...LIKE ITS SINGING SO IT SHOULD GET ITS BROKE *** EFFECT

BUT STILL BAN THAT ****

YOU CANT ****ING WIN

WITH THAT **** ON THE ****ING TABLE

Ambix

Smash Ace
Also ambix is a dealer at rivers! I don't know if you meet him at my tourny. He wasnt at hope. He's a good guys. From what I know he does blackjack and 3 card poker. Probably more.
You nigs best stay the hell away from my tables unless you tip like jesus.

Also i work the grave shift. 4 AM to 12 PM so you'll only catch me if you decide to pull an all nighter.

still it'd be pretty krunk to see some of you youngins down at my place of business one of these days.

come hit me up.

I'll get you a fake ID johnny.

gouda

Smash Journeyman
DUuuuuuuude one more year till im good to go for dat ****!

Ambix, did i leave my white controller with my samus sticker on it at your house like two weeks ago?

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
So my classes are now thurs-fri from 8am-5:20ish pm.
Gonna check out the competitive gaming club tomorrow......fingers crossed that is actually will be okay....doubting it.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
@logan
There's always Mvc and sf and other garbage like blazeblue n'nat at smash touneys anyway. The last couple I've been too. But you never seem to want to go to em. But you want to go to the one with no smash? Loooooooool

I haven't been invited to a smash tourney since hope :p

But, more relevant to your question, my friend from NYC and Bert if you remember him both want to go to this tourney.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Be sure to look up Rescue Rabbit as well, Mogwai. It exists because Rescue Cat was banned... for being too broke (and cute.)

Vudujin

Smash Lord
I haven't been invited to a smash tourney since hope .

Invited?!?!?!

We're supposed to be invited to these things?!?!?! JESUS! I just show up.

@ Aaron: I remeber when we both had scrub *** decks and we would play like 70 turn matches in my basement....those were the days

Ambix

Smash Ace
DUuuuuuuude one more year till im good to go for dat ****!

Ambix, did i leave my white controller with my samus sticker on it at your house like two weeks ago?
you did in fact.

nick or aaron might have snagged it for you though.

Top Bottom