• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

gouda

Smash Journeyman
Sooooo I've been brushin up on my history here, doin a lil research.

Kage sent Mang0 to losers bracket in Rom 2, and then proceeded to knock him out in loser's semi's?

Kage, you're the ****in man.

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
Sooooo I've been brushin up on my history here, doin a lil research.

Kage sent Mang0 to losers bracket in Rom 2, and then proceeded to knock him out in loser's semi's?

Kage, you're the ****in man.
Mang0 was hungover though so it didn't actually happen according to him.

gouda

Smash Journeyman
Johns.

Just like Scorpion Master lost at Apex, not Mang0, right?

More johns.

^.^

Heya Matt, you down for a couple this evening or tomorrow evening? I've got work tonight but I can stop by for a few.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
I'm actually better than all of you. I just sandbag all the time.

Every day.

Logan, next time you are up, let me know. I probably won't be getting much sleep in the next few weeks due to issues with a certain person.

I woke up at midnight, then again at 3:30, then again at 5:00, and finally at 7:15 when my alarm went off.

This irks me.

I'm all for a random set at 3 a.m.

After my Krabby Patty, of course.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
OH BOY, 3 AM!

And Mango wasn't johning for himself, but a hell of a lot of people were johning for him. Mango's actually pretty cool about that, at least in person, he just said his gg's shook hands and moved on lol.

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
That whole set is money, I've been watching all the Apex vids lately, they are so sick. The MM's where dashiz commentates himself are priceless.

@Logan, Watch the interview with DaShiz from Apex, he speaks truth about Mang0 in that.

Edit: Taki, Naka, and I are playing Smash at Duq at 8:40pm. That's 20:40 for those who use military time and 5:40 pm for those of you on the west coast.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Ironically, we excuse vulgar language, but actively chastise bad grammar.

Sadface.

My Knee is electric.

Boogey-woogey-woogey.

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
He was also hungover when he won Genesis, so ZERO JOHNS.
That's exactly what dashiz said about him, dude johns when he wins. Bottom line is he is kinda an ***.

@alan

One of these days my grammar will not get in the way of insulting you.
However, I will say that it is rather drab that you would stoop to the level of correcting my grammar to rebuttle my insult.

A-Laon

Smash Master
However, I will say that it is rather drab that you would stoop to the level of correcting my grammar to rebuttle my insult.
I thought it was rather unkindly of your mother to need beaten in order to cooperate, but we can't let people's little flaws get in the way of enjoying what's best about them.

Which in this case, was her ****in' *****.

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
I thought it was rather unkindly of your mother to need beaten in order to cooperate, but we can't let people's little flaws get in the way of enjoying what's best about them.

Which in this case, was her ****in' *****.
This was likely a step to far, and actually is less of an insult and more of just plain rudeness and vulgarity.

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
The saddest part about this whole farce is that I never once pretended to be any good at grammar. Especially internet grammar.

Vyke

Smash Champion
I stopped watching that trailer halfway though... not because it was bad...

But because it was too ridiculously funny.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
All language is vulgar, what's the point in making distinctions?
LOL

You can't honestly tell me that you would speak to my parents in the same way that you would speak to, say, Alan, or anyone else at Duq.

Not all language is vulgar.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
LOL

You can't honestly tell me that you would speak to my parents in the same way that you would speak to, say, Alan, or anyone else at Duq.

Not all language is vulgar.
The words themselves aren't vulgar is my point. If that was the case, EVERYONE would take offense to these "vulgar" words.

Your parents have trained their ears to find disgust in certain words. The words themselves aren't "bad" words though. Like honestly, how is sh*t so much worse than poop, or f*ck so much worse than sex, other than we decided these words'll be "bad" words?

I think they provide a good service. No other language has straight up stress relief words!

Also,

^ pic isn't funny, I just liked the saying they put with it lol

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
The words themselves aren't vulgar is my point. If that was the case, EVERYONE would take offense to these "vulgar" words.

Your parents have trained their ears to find disgust in certain words. The words themselves aren't "bad" words though. Like honestly, how is sh*t so much worse than poop, or f*ck so much worse than sex, other than we decided these words'll be "bad" words?

I think they provide a good service. No other language has straight up stress relief words!
If they weren't considered bad words, then people wouldn't say them as much.

People swear because they have been "trained" that those words are what you say when you are REALLY upset.

If sh*t really isn't that much worse than poop, then you would use them interchangeably. I've never heard you shout "poop" after losing a stock. It's because you've been taught that it isn't strong enough.

You're right, it's not the words, it's the intent behind them. But the intent is vulgar, and has been associated with those words, and you can't possibly separate the two.

THAT PIC IS TOO CUTE ROB!!

AprilShaw

aka Logan
But you don't need so-called vulgar words to hurt people, or relieve stress, or anything else. It's just a more common way of doing so.

The point is that all words are hurtful if used in a hurtful way. It's a side effect of having language. There's no exception with swear words, yet they get all the special treatment.

TheLake

Smash Master
ROBO GEISHA!

coolest narrarator ever

WEMP!!! <3 were ya been ya big lug? you can four stock me anytime ;D

Aww rob...so many young links <3

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
But you don't need so-called vulgar words to hurt people, or relieve stress, or anything else. It's just a more common way of doing so.

The point is that all words are hurtful if used in a hurtful way. It's a side effect of having language. There's no exception with swear words, yet they get all the special treatment.
I just gave an example of you using swear words exclusively when expressing discontent. That's special treatment.

This all started b/c of the comment about the graphic sexual comment of Alan's post, which no one commented on, but everyone jumped on the opportunity to correct RSG's grammar.

I just find that to be sad.

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
I just want to say I'm glad we are sending our most trained player to Sweden to represent. And that I'm moving to Maine so I can play KDJ.

Cobalt

Smash Journeyman

Soooooo cute!
I approve of this picture so ****ing much.

It's things like that that make me reconsider my major in CS, and think maybe to do Education instead. Then I remember that I couldn't possibly deal with so many people at once, especially not in the US. I'd love to teach people who want to learn, but I don't think I could stand teaching in the average US classroom.

Top Bottom