• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
Naka:

I just played someone PvZ who 9 pooled me. I staved off the pool only to lose because I pushed out of my expansion at a bad time. Some of my reactions were poor, but this video of that game could help you some...idk.

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/89066-1v1-protoss-zerg-lost-temple#rd:undefined;markup

Edit: I should have got Robotics tech earlier or gone for chargelots. When I went for both at the end is when I pressed myself for gas and money and which screwed everything up. Also during the ending battle I mis-micro'd my sentries so half my army did not get shielded.
Also I have not watched the replay yet so I don't know what happened to my probe counts and what his economy was like transitioning out of 9pool.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
2 biggest problems i saw were

1) you had a few safe points where you could have pushed out of your main, killed off his lings (and a few roaches) with ease, and gotten your expansion. You feel behind a bit in the economy, which sucks vs. zerg. which leads to number

2) you weren't aggressive enough. After you pushed back the rush you waited a bit too long to push out and grab your expansion. Then again you waited too long to push out and go on the offense. You should have gone for Colossi and an observer earlier, since you were in the dark pretty much the entire match and you knew he was going all ground. At one point you were up 88 food to 70, right after defending your expansion; right then you could have pushed and done a lot of damage.

Other than that, it pretty much just comes down to micro in handling the 9 pool :\ you got off to a bad start lol

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Lol, i usually give up after they destroy my pylons. >.< Might have to stick it out a little longer next time.

Matt, why don't i have your SC2 tag? We should play!

I need to learn to build ****ing templar. : /

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
Lol, i usually give up after they destroy my pylons. >.< Might have to stick it out a little longer next time.

Matt, why don't i have your SC2 tag? We should play!

I need to learn to build ****ing templar. : /
My tag is Emeil. I usually never build templar because it requires good micro, and as far as I am concerned its more important to always macro so I lose my micro a lot. Once I master solid macro I'd think about templar, but til then I'm going to work on 1 thing at a time.
@Logan
I don't believe it was feasible for me to tech to robo much earlier unless I cut a gateway at which point I would have likely lost to one of his pushes. Although you are correct I need to focus on attack timings more and knowing when its a good time to counterattack. In retrospect since I did not have observers I should have pushed a stalker or zealot down after one of those wins to scout to see if he was expanding or whatever I could find.
I feel like this has been one of my most eduational replays I have watched of myself, because my biggest weakness is attack timings for my personal level of play.
Thanks for the critique Logan!

I'm going to mention one more time that I would like to smash tomorrow around 6 if anyone is interested.

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
You guys should play Woody... I hear he is the truth.
Dave is fairly well ranked in his diamond league and I play him all the time, so if Woody is better than him it would not even be fair cause Dave pretty much 3 stocks me everytime (smash analogy ftw).

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
Has anyone watched the Apex Money Matches between Mango and Shiz where they commentate themselves...its mad funny. The whole time I'm just waiting for Shiz to say "Umadbro?".

AprilShaw

aka Logan
I decided to play random on SC2 for a few games. Lost all of them and dropped down to silver xD

I don't know why I have to be favored every single match I play :\ I'd rather play people better than me

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
Ok, if i get a hotel room and shiz, how many people would be interested in going to ROM3? Also who would be willing to drive up there?
When is ROM3? Is it in New York? I would drive and go pending the day, like if its far enough in advance for me to get off work and whatnot. I have always wanted to go to New York.

Nakamaru

Smash Master

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=273752 here is the thread

Its the 20th- of november, so i think you've got plenty of time to call of work. It is just outside of NY city.
Yeah I just requested off work, so I will definitely go. I will drive, I have no problem doing that, I can fit 4 people comfortably and 5 people max in my car (Hyundai Elantra hatchback). Any like bags or whatever will fit into my trunk fine so no need to worry about that. So, as of right now it would be Chris, Carroll, and myself. I would like to see if Rob would go before I confirm anyone else, although he might have conflicts because of student teaching. We can talk more extensively about this Friday, but I would optimally like to leave Friday and come back Sunday.

I am so excited about this, more so about going to New York than playing Smash lol, but playing Smash is cool too I guess haha.

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
If I'm the only one driving I would take Rob, Naka, Carroll, and Taki if we want to squeeze. Mainly just because they are the ones who responded first along with the combination that I have known them the longest (with the exception of Carroll, but hes a pretty legit dude, not saying that any of you guys aren't but yeah). That also plays into the fact that we can reunite with some of the guys who used to smash here all the time (Wes, Tim, Pocky, ect.).

Cobalt

Smash Journeyman
I am 100% up for going to ROM3, but if there's no ride available, then that's fine. I would end up needing to make four several-hour drives in the span of about five days if I did go, and I'm not too ecstatic about that. So it's an okay trade-off if there's no ride for me, I think.

edit: Oh yeah I'll be at Duq this Friday for once. Turns out the programming assignment I was so worried about isn't due until -next- week, thank God.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Just because there is a full car going already doesn't mean that you guys can't get another car to go.

I've just had really terrible luck last time i went there making me miss out on all of sunday's events. So i would like to just enjoy going this time. ^.^

You want to go? Find someone with a car and toss some gas money his way!

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
Taki and I will be smashing at Duquesne at approximately 7pm. Call or text me if you are intrigued by this proposition 4126514361.

@Alan, I tried to contact you, but since WoW has been down all day I have been unable...and your phone is off. Anyway, I am willing to pick you up, but you need to contact me soon. Call me.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
I'm down, I have money to hand out to those whom I need to pay, but I'm gonna need a ride. If anyone is willing to oblige, let me know and I'll gladly repay you for your generosity.

EDIT: The above is in reference to RoM, in case I wasn't clear.

Renth

Smash Hero
If someone has another car and needs a spot filled just for the sake of gas money, I can *probably* get a ride to pittsburgh then go with you guys. However, this is unlikely but probable.

Top Bottom