• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

Renth

Smash Hero
Glad you are doing well Tim, I went to a tournament on saturday. Got ***** by Dop and Col Bol wish I had done better oh well. Great tournament though hanging out with dashizwiz, keep speed n, smashmac, hbox ect. but I still got completely stomped

AprilShaw

aka Logan
Seeeeee Matt? I'm not the only one making plans for my combo video wayyyyy in advance.

WEMP, it was great playing you, come more often, and play more Link. I need practice vs. Link

And NO, Logan, you do not play Link.

You main like half the character select screen.

Oh, and in case you haven't heard my stance on my characters:

My Falco needs a brain,
My Falcon needs a heart,
and my Fox needs courage.

Oh, and I'll be playing more Marth next week.

There will be spacing.

Ahh. . . . . . spacing.
I play Li--oh wait nvm.

Hey my Link is pretty good I think :(

Tim is the best Fox in the WORLD at Fox dittos :D

Teams TV would be cool

Thomas already has an account, it's called Gouda I believe.

Alan knows Falco's metagame perfectly

Typing like Aaron does is fun

Also, not gonna be playing Fox/Falco/Marth this week, Friday included. Gerald doesn't think I can make it that long :laugh:

My hair is getting a little crazy, my humblest apologies if it was harassing your Yoshis. Maybe I should think about getting a haircut...

Vudujin

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0ugX9qI5jo

I tried, let me know what you think I should work on. Thank you.
Nice job, Renth; that's a hard matchup for Ganon, and Cobol's Fox is pretty ****.

When Fox's have you under shine pressure, make sure to CC into a jab/f-tilt/or grab; just make sure you stay out of his shield pressure.

Your edge-guarding needed some work in that set, watch how Linguini edge-guards falcos (Linguini vs. Shiz Wiz is a good example) it's the same principle against Fox, but his recovery is just a little better. I think you would've won the 1st match if you caught him on his sloppy recoveries.

If you see a Fox jumping off the stage to shine-spike you, SAVE YOUR 2nd JUMP until you get hit or try avoiding it by just holding the control stick back enough that he can't reach you, but you can still get back on the stage. UP-B his *** if you can! Try getting in front of him and reverse up-b'ing to push him away from the stage (ideal situation)

If a fox is on the ledge and you're recovering below him, it's a free shine spike, so try aerial evading on the stage if you're close enough. If they're on the stage go for the ledge. Mix up your recovery

OH and your wavelanding is flawless, so keep your opponent on their toes and do that **** like crazy. Your Ganon is too smooth.

Renth

Smash Hero
- I play shiz and linguini every so often, was just hanging out with dashizwiz at that tournament on top of a bunch of other greats

I know how to edgeguard (obviously) but I don't know how to settle myself, He was all over me so much anytime I thought to try something he was in my face again and again. Col Bol is a ridiculous player and I appreciate anything you can give me to work on. I usually do save my second jump when he's obviously going to shine spike me, it only helps so much he has too many options.

- edgeguarding.

- use your tech advantages. (wavelanding)

- more retreating f air/u air.

- while off stage try your best to use aerial movement to avoid shine spikes as much as possible though not easy.

Thank you

I AM THE LAKE
MAKE NO MISTAKE
FOR GODS SAKE
CHALLENGE ME!?

I'LL POKE YOU WITH A RAKE!

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
I play Li--oh wait nvm.

Hey my Link is pretty good I think :(

Tim is the best Fox in the WORLD at Fox dittos :D

Teams TV would be cool

Thomas already has an account, it's called Gouda I believe.

Alan knows Falco's metagame perfectly

Typing like Aaron does is fun

Also, not gonna be playing Fox/Falco/Marth this week, Friday included. Gerald doesn't think I can make it that long :laugh:

My hair is getting a little crazy, my humblest apologies if it was harassing your Yoshis. Maybe I should think about getting a haircut...
As I said before, your (half the select screen) is pretty good. However, I wanted to play a Link PLAYER.

I'll come to you for practice vs. Marth, Fox, Falco, and maybe Peach.

You yourself said that I shouldn't be playing your Puff.

And there will be SOME OCCASION where you will pick one of the "forbidden" characters.

You announcing my doubt only binds you to your promise.

I may or may not be bringing new people this week.

Depends on their schedules. Hopefully, I will.

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
just re watched counts of monte combo

i am surprised everytime everytime that Gurren Lagann song comes on how much **** happens.

edit - this firday I may come to Duq, we need to get Jeff to come so everyone can see how awesome our dittos are. His link got a **** load better since last I played it scared me.

Also so shuffla can get 2 completely different link play styles. jeff and I counter each other really well.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
No Falco dittos? =(
You're too busy playing Roy!

Also Renth, I don't play Ganon, but I do play a lot of Fox. Honestly, Fox is just a better character and his options work in almost every situation you could throw at him; because of this, you gotta make your hits count. I saw you miss a few throw -> dsmash tech chases and stuff, and while obviously you can't hit all of them, you really gotta make each hit you do get hurt. Don't get stuck in your shield, as it can be hard to land shield grabs against Fox, so avoid shielding in, say, center stage, where he can cover all sides of you, and instead try to shield only in situations like where you're on the edge of a platform. That way when he hits you from the front, you fall off the platform and are safe, and if he hits you from the back, he can't follow up on it since he won't be able to land -> shine. Lastly, don't always go for guaranteed options. For example, if you have a 100% chance of getting a jab (off of like Fox's side B or something) and like a 33% chance of getting a stomp/grab/dsmash/whatever, go for the higher reward option if you won't get punished too bad for a miss. That one lucky stomp could be a free stock :laugh:

Idk hopefully some of that helps. I'm not great yet so that's all I can really think of atm :|

TheLake

Smash Master
Fedachini!

Anyways col bol was like so 'on' that his off switch lost two 'f's and gained a 'n'.

plus renth your the worst ganon ever remember? so you never had a chance.

cause your horrible with ganon. and your racist.

stop hating and start hating - immortal words of tupac shakur (he never said that)

and platform camp so you can shoot the jay

but always be flashy! its who you are :D *cute school girl giggle*

never lose sight of who you are...unless of course you lose sight of who you are then thats fine in that case

Renth

Smash Hero
Fedachini!

Anyways col bol was like so 'on' that his off switch lost two 'f's and gained a 'n'.

plus renth your the worst ganon ever remember? so you never had a chance.

cause your horrible with ganon. and your racist.

stop hating and start hating - immortal words of tupac shakur (he never said that)

and platform camp so you can shoot the jay

but always be flashy! its who you are :D *cute school girl giggle*

never lose sight of who you are...unless of course you lose sight of who you are then thats fine in that case
You confuse me a little, but I love you so I'll take that as a try harder next time.

TheLake

Smash Master
You confuse me a little, but I love you so I'll take that as a try harder next time.
Now your getting it :D

AND HOLY **** THAT RAP AT THE END OF YOUR LAST COMMENT WAS SOO DOPE

props ma dough *bows*

and is it true shiz is gonna be on a dance team?! *in his secret gossip voice*

Renth

Smash Hero
Now your getting it :D

AND HOLY **** THAT RAP AT THE END OF YOUR LAST COMMENT WAS SOO DOPE

props ma dough *bows*

and is it true shiz is gonna be on a dance team?! *in his secret gossip voice*
lol he is on a dance team, it's called 2 legit. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=264104 I don't have Bronsons (dashizwizs) phone number on hand but I do have his brother bennys (keepspeedn) so I'll get details on it whenever I talk to them next.

Think? I would've asked them about it seeing I was just hanging out with them on Saturday but no... never came up. go figure. Hah.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Hello guys. DaShizWiz and KeepSpeedN will be dancing and singing on the Lee Pits Live show on your TV's cable provider "Fox" channel. It's the same channel you would use for the news. at 8:30AM EST. Be sure to tune in and support these two!!!!

It will be on the 28th.

TheLake

Smash Master
theLake should really learn the difference between your and you're so that he can be more credible on internet forums.
mogwai should learn to drink a warm glass of SHUT THE HELL UP

now go to sleep or i will put you to sleep :mad:

AprilShaw

aka Logan
Ok, I changed my mind. At Duq this Friday, instead of not playing my main characters, I'm going to only play Fox. Apologies to everyone, especially Matt, TSK, and Aaron. And not Naka. He's probably fine with it.

God, this'll be so much harder than my first plan...

Vudujin

Smash Lord
"Alright! Turn up your hearing aids! Arts and crafts has been extended for another 4 hours!"

"But my fingers hurt. . . "

"Well now your back's gonna hurt, cause you just pulled landscaping duty."

Engel

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I changed my mind. At Duq this Friday, instead of not playing my main characters, I'm going to only play Fox. Apologies to everyone, especially Matt, TSK, and Aaron. And not Naka. He's probably fine with it.

God, this'll be so much harder than my first plan...
I don't really mind playing against foxes... :dizzy:

Nakamaru

Smash Master
anyone interested in going to show me your moves on march 13th? Its an 8 hour ride, but im trying to work out something with mr percent of the 4th power to see if we can't make it easier on the drivers.

let me know if you have cars, or if you're interested.

Vudujin

Smash Lord
anyone interested in going to show me your moves on march 13th? Its an 8 hour ride, but im trying to work out something with mr percent of the 4th power to see if we can't make it easier on the drivers.

let me know if you have cars, or if you're interested.
I'm down, GET AT ME!!!

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
GUYS I really need a ride to Viridian City this weekend (a north NJ tourney this Saturday). Can someone please take me????? I'll pay gas. Vidjo can probably take me half way through PA and drop me off at whosever house I need to. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

King Yoshi and another Ohio person is interested in coming too, if needed or for extra gas money profit or whatever.

my contact info is ooVideoGameGodoo is my aim, or you can send me a pm on smashboards. Vidjo's cell is 440 822 9518 and his aim is Veeedjogamer

I really really hope to get a response.

I heard in particular that TheLake, nakamaru, and taki have a chance of doing this. Please respond to me asap if you can help. Thanks!

edit - also @ nakamaru, do you think you could pass through Avon OH (north ohio) and pick up Vidjo for SMYM11? He is highly interested in going.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
No Alan, you're right on this one.

And I was just listing random people. TSK because I have only ever beaten him as Fox I suppose, and Aaron because he's the biggest advocate of main 3/4 of the character select screen :laugh:

Vudujin

Smash Lord
Unless, he was literally talking about the pure raw power of the number 4. In that case, it would seem hunky dory. . . . HAHAHAHA people don't type that phrase enough.

SiN:Wrath

Smash Apprentice
why hello gentlemen!!! It's been awhile since I last posted. I'm going to attribute this post to Alan. Why might u ask?.... BECAUSE I CAN!!!!! Love ya Alan!

WEMP my dear friend I have never heard a better suggestion then for me to arrive at Duq to give a fellow smasher a better look at the terror that is a Link main.
Besides CABC and I have to have another ditto and though I know he won't be playing Link this week I still want to facedown his fox in a duel of epic proportions.

Speaking of duels.... Alan u still owe me a Link vs. Falco match from way back when u insulted my Link maining-ness (I know thats not a real word) PREPARE FOR COMBAT!!!!

2A-ron..... ur awesome like... like... Cheez-its on a sandwich!!

"You just stay outta my way. Or you'll pay!"
"Why don't I just go eat some hay. Or we can lay by the bay. I just may! Whattaya say!"

-"You will not make this putt Ya JACK-""SKRAAAAAA!!!!!"- Link does not take kindly to people insulting his friends.

Smash Apprentice
DOUBLE POST!!!

I would just like to let the world know that I have officially posted over 50 posts with my specialty Link quotes/signatures. Here's to hoping I can make it too 100!!!

-"They mostly come out at night.... mostly." Newt from the movie Aliens when asked when ghosts come out in Ocarina of Time. This was why they eventually called in Link to deal with the Aliens. He was used to night fights. Besides Mirror Sheild+Mastersword+Fire Arrows= We have a winner!!

Smash Apprentice
Well I know I am going all Link if I go to duq this friday.
TRIPLE POST FOR THE WIN!!!

Well said!! Though we should probably have a Shiek vs. Falcon match or two seeing as those are always tight as hell!!!:chuckle:

-Metaknight: "Come!! FIGHT ME!! NO WAIT NO-" Link: "SKRAAAAAA!!!!"- All who know him fear him.

Top Bottom