• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
new avatar yay. this may be for a while unless I become inspired by my next viewing of evangelion. and by "unless" I mean most likely. and by "most likely" I mean most definetely....so basically its a "when" as opposed to an "if"

car fox is **** tho

/spam

AprilShaw

aka Logan
I still haven't played with you, Mogwai!

Haven't played at all recently :(

Twisted Fate got nerfed too... freaking finally :)

Are people still going to Duquesne today? If so let me know when you all get there.

SiN:Wrath

Smash Apprentice
500th post, am I good at this game yet?
I'm going to beg to differ with Alan on this one. I think if you have a character based tag/quote at the end of every post then it's totally legit.

God-dammit!!! I just lost the game. :(
Jacob.... you and I are gonna have some words.... about sex......:bigthumbu

It Posted for some reason!!! sometimes I hate computers

- Link is the only man who can win "THE Game"...... and Chuck Norris.... and Bruce Lee

SiN:Wrath

Smash Apprentice
Petition to post M2k vs HDL!

^
You guys should go here and sign the petition because I REALLY want to see this vid.

- Chuck Norris, Link, and Bruce Lee walk into a bar........ the world ends.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Twisted Fate got nerfed too... freaking finally :)
it's not nearly enough IMO. You're not going to fix the most broken character in the game by tweaking CDs and AP ratios a little. They really need to address the buggy **** with his ult and gold cards vs. banshee's veil and sivir's spell shield. And I mean, he still has the exact same problem of being an instant threat for auto double/triple kills on lanes he's nowhere near with the combination of all his abilities put together (seriously, they just synergize too well... a nuke/AoE stun (that coincidentally is buggy and forgoes spell shields), a regular AoE nuke, a super fast anywhere on the map teleport and a global slow + reveal, WTF ARE YOU THINKING MAKING THIS HORRIBLE EXCUSE FOR A CHARACTER AND JUST TWEAKING HIM RATHER THAN COMPLETELY REWORKING HIS BUSTED ***?)

AprilShaw

aka Logan
They are completely reworking him lol. And yeah, gold card is gay... but now it does a good bit less damage, costs an actual amount of MP (before TF could never oom using wild cards/pick a card near constantly without any mana regen items) and doesn't slow. It's a really gay move in concept, since you can get gold card every time, but at least they *did* nerf him.

It does hurt him a lot, lol.

A-Laon

Smash Master
I had a dream last night in which four of us were playing a free-for-all in Brawl and actually enjoying it.

However, I left, rather perturbed, after Taki and I, both playing Ganon, performed a corporate knuckle to corporate knuckle combo on somebody's Kirby that nobody seemed to appreciate.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
I had a dream last night in which four of us were playing a free-for-all in Brawl and actually enjoying it.

However, I left, rather perturbed, after Taki and I, both playing Ganon, performed a corporate knuckle to corporate knuckle combo on somebody's Kirby that nobody seemed to appreciate.
This post really just seems like a cover for wanting to say corporate knuckle.

Fun fact, Kage and Linguini did double Ganon teams at Pound in friendlies. They both Fair to jabbed someone's shield at the same time. It almost broke. I'm convinced that this team has a legit shieldbreak combo if timed correctly.

A-Laon

Smash Master
Fun fact, Kage and Linguini did double Ganon teams at Pound in friendlies. They both Fair to jabbed someone's shield at the same time. It almost broke. I'm convinced that this team has a legit shieldbreak combo if timed correctly.
I pulled off a shield break alone, against two characters, as Roy.

Unimpressed.

A-Laon

Smash Master
"Here I am, I'm sure to see a sign!

All my life I knew that it was mine!

It's always here... it's always there...

It's just love! Those miracles out of nowhere!
"

Cobalt

Smash Journeyman
Currently uploading a bunch of videos from 20 days ago, some of which have some entertaining things. I'll link to the good ones when everything's uploaded. Check http://www.youtube.com/user/CMUSmash for everything else!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-p_P0-dK6I - In which my roommate rolls off of a ledge, fairs, and lands back on the ledge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ls75bT_bQk - In which there are many, many techs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DVbZK0qflU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B6qcR3J9BM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twjBx9yqTHk
In which I play a set against Taki's Marth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE0gAAX8m-k - In which there is an are many awesome taunts.

The last video has lower quality, for a couple reasons. The first is that it came in an hour-long clip. so I had to cut it out and re-encode it. In Windows Movie Maker no less, since Camtasia, Premiere Pro, and Vegas can't deal with the files my recorder creates. From there, I had to deal with the audio being off-sync, which was a recording error thanks to poor-quality cables that came with my recorder. I fixed it by running it through Camtasia and manually syncing it back. Then I had to encode it again, which caused the quality to drop even further.

Yomi

Smash Cadet
What is the atmosphere like at this tourney? I have only played a couple times in the last few years since being pretty active years ago. I felt very rusty when I went to a CMU tourney a couple months ago. Is it easy to get a good amount of games in?

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
It's been crowded as of late, with about 5 people per setup. You can still get in a good amount of games, though.

The atmosphere is friendly and helpful.

Don't come this week, though. No one will be there.

Yomi

Smash Cadet
Like literally no one, or just smaller? I know its Spring Break but that's pretty much the only reason I can come this week, haha. Thanks for the advice though.

Does anyone just freeplay in any of the evenings? in the CMU area? or Shadyside? I would love to get back into playing. Going to tourneys is not all the best way to get back into form.

Top Bottom